Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 23:28   #6901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Purchase it from Snapdeal and you also get a good discount with bill.

Hella Dynaedge 24"

Hella Dynaedge 16"
Thanks el lobo.

I was a bit skeptical about snapdeal (there are some negative reviews on the online shopping thread). Anyway got these wipers from an accesories shop.

I need your advice though with lights upgrade I am contemplating. I am thinking of going for the same setup as yours:

Philips Essential Vision H4 100/90W
Philips Blue Vision HB4 9006 55W 4000K

Now on your thread you've mentioned that you had some issues with the foglamps as they are different type (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2702202) I did not understand what you meant by that. Are there different types of fog lamps? Can you tell the exact model or serial no. etc?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:21   #6902
BHPian

Vento Petrol 1st Service

Own a 2013 Vento 1.6 Petrol, which has done 5k in the past 1 year, and I am about take it for its 1st service.

Can someone explain what all work needs to be done & what service cost to expect ?
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:34   #6903
BHPian

Did a test drive of the Polo TSI since the Cochin dealer didn't have Vento TSI for test drives. The gear box in D mode has butter smooth shifts as already mentioned. There was one glitch with the test car - while braking after doing decent speed in S mode, the steering had heavy vibration that it made almost impossible to hold on to it. The Sales executive who accompanied me during the drive mentioned about the brake pads needing a replacement. Hope it is a problem with just the test drive car and VW will take better care of the cars. Also the waiting period quoted was 4 months although they had a black one readily available for delivery. Left the dealership after booking one with color of choice given as either blue or grey. Now starts the wait and also the search for a good car loan/insurance.

The ongoing discounts/promotion quoted for non-TSI Vento was 20K as well as 0% 36 mo VW finance. The 0% offer is available only for the middle variant. I appears that people prefer the top variant, therefore VW wants to probably clear some of their mid-variant stock (just my guess).
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:09   #6904
BHPian

A recent member to the Vento family. :-)

Went for the petrol highline, as my yearly run is nowhere beyond 6K kms. The car has done 2K already in two months and is doing its duty well. I have a question for fellow members. I have a child seat for my little princess, who is about 7 months now. Currently the seat belt in the rears laps the child seat securely. But, I was looking for ISOFIX/LATCH provision, similar to what I used to have in my earlier ride - Figo. To my surprise, I could find the provision when I ran my fingers through the seatline. Is this how it has been all along? Is the seatbelt the only option to restrain the child seat in its position? Mine is 2014 model, if at all it helps in the answer. TIA.
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:51   #6905
BHPian

There are no isofix provision I vento. I was surprised at it as well given its german breed :-(
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:15   #6906
BHPian

Looking for suggestions here. Looking to refresh the look of the car, thought I will go in for vinyl wrap, since the car is silver, options are very limited, considering a black glossy roof.

Comments would be welcome, the cost would be close to 7-8k.
Old 2nd March 2014, 23:50   #6907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I need your advice though with lights upgrade I am contemplating. I am thinking of going for the same setup as yours:

Now on your thread you've mentioned that you had some issues with the foglamps as they are different type.
The issue I was having was, both Polo & Vento have different type of fog lamps. Polo has H8 whereas Vento, 9006 type. When I opened first fog lamp, there was some paint on fog lamp type so couldn't make it out. When I opened second fog lamp, that's when I was sure that fog lamp type bulb is 9006.

Without any worries go in for:

Do get a Philips or Hella ceramic holder relay kit.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 23:52   #6908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The issue I was having was, both Polo & Vento have different type of fog lamps. Polo has H8 whereas Vento, 9006 type. When I opened first fog lamp, there was some paint on fog lamp type so couldn't make it out. When I opened second fog lamp, that's when I was sure that fog lamp type bulb is 9006.

Without any worries go in for:

Do get a Philips or Hella ceramic holder relay kit.
Looking to do the same mod as you since projectors are expensive and can be dicey.

Did you get a professional to do the relay upgrade? Or that too DIY? Does it involves cutting wires?
Old 3rd March 2014, 00:00   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Did you get a professional to do the relay upgrade? Or that too DIY? Does it involves cutting wires?
I got the relay installed from VW workshop as the car was only 1 month old, they did it without much issue. I believe, now no VW workshop would actually do it. Relay can be installed by DIY but its better left at the hands of a good car mechanic. Have a look at it while its being installed and you would find it easier next time. Bulbs can be changed easily by DIY.
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:44   #6910
BHPian

Re: Vento Petrol 1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Own a 2013 Vento 1.6 Petrol, which has done 5k in the past 1 year, and I am about take it for its 1st service.

Can someone explain what all work needs to be done & what service cost to expect ?
First service of my Vento 1.6 Petrol was done in December after 1year/3880km. A copy of the relevant expenses is attached for your reference. I had no special request except the coolant part of the expense.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-ventoservice.jpg  

pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:18   #6911
BHPian

Re: Vento Petrol 1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
First service of my Vento 1.6 Petrol was done in December after 1year/3880km. A copy of the relevant expenses is attached for your reference. I had no special request except the coolant part of the expense.
Isnt the service cost on a higher side. IIRC, I have seen 1st service bills ranging from 8k-10k for the TDI. I was hoping the Petrol version's bill to be lower.

Thanks anyways for the effort.
Old 4th March 2014, 08:20   #6912
BHPian

Yes, I also think that the service cost is slightly on the higher side. And the engine oil makes up one third of the cost. Having said that they have charged for the entire can and returned what was unused. So I have various half filled fluid cans with me now.
Old 4th March 2014, 17:08   #6913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Yes, I also think that the service cost is slightly on the higher side. And the engine oil makes up one third of the cost. Having said that they have charged for the entire can and returned what was unused. So I have various half filled fluid cans with me now.
Btw, what does the service cost includes, if all the routine works have been charged extra. I am quite surprised that they have even charged separately for washing & cleaning.
Old 4th March 2014, 17:39   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
The dealer has logged a compliant with VW Pune office and the investigation is in progress. The service adviser and Customer relationship manager has been so far quite helpful. In fact, I have been getting calls from them with regular updates on the progress. At least the compliant and related service experience at the dealer had been good; unlike the service center stories that we hear generally. I am hoping that its not going to end with CRM team experience and VW team's decision will also be in line with it.
Some further updates. VW has agreed to replace the part and I got a call today from the service center indicating that the part has reached the Aurangabad inventory. Not sure where it is coming from. Looks like the part will reach Bangalore in 3-4 days and i can take the car to get it replaced. Good service experience continues including frequent updates by SA. . Will keep you folks updated.
Old 6th March 2014, 00:57   #6915
BHPian

Time to upgrade the tyres? Done 32k kms. Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20140306_005652.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks