Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 17:42   #7111
BHPian

Re: Rumour: VW Vento Diesel Automatic being readied

Volkswagen has launched a limited edition Vento called Konetkt with some of the features (rear seat entertainment package) that Hormazd Sorabjee had tweeted me will be made available in the Vento refresh along with introducing the Diesel DSG. Since it is launched in the pre-refresh model i am not sure what to expect anymore

Link to ACI article on Vento Konetkt
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-389926.aspx
Old 18th August 2014, 17:55   #7112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Volkswagen has launched a limited edition Vento called Konetkt with some of the features (rear seat entertainment package) that Hormazd Sorabjee had tweeted me will be made available in the Vento refresh along with introducing the Diesel DSG. Since it is launched in the pre-refresh model i am not sure what to expect anymore

Any idea if this package is available to existing Vento owners as an extra fitment?
Old 18th August 2014, 18:30   #7113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post

They have a lot of inventory to clear before the new model launch. They are also giving discount of 1-1.5 lakh rupees on existing Vento Tdi, therefore this last ditch special edition to clear the stock.
Old 18th August 2014, 18:39   #7114
BHPian

I think VW is trying to clear the rest of the stock of Vento before they launch the facelift with this special edition. the launch should be around the corner now. they may also be testing if the market is willing to pay for these extra features or wants discounts/lower price.
Old 18th August 2014, 18:56   #7115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
They have a lot of inventory to clear before the new model launch. They are also giving discount of 1-1.5 lakh rupees on existing Vento Tdi, therefore this last ditch special edition to clear the stock.
I red about discounts upto 1.2L on the baseline Vento TDi on Autoca as well. But when I called up a couple of VW dealers here in Mumbai, nobody offered any further discounts.
Anyone else know of such discounts in Mumbai?
Old 18th August 2014, 19:15   #7116
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I noticed recently that my Vento is idling more than the normal RPM after warm-up By default a cold start leaves the car at 800RPM which I think is the normal idling range, but after a minute or 2 or after driving it goes upto 1000 to 1050 RPM idling speed. I thought it was the other way round (idles faster on cold engines). I can distinctly hear the sound of the engine while idling. Any feedback here.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:43   #7117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^Actually when it comes to the vents they will give you any excuse in the book to avoid replacing it under warranty. I made a big fuss when my car was in for its second service and got the vents replaced FOC under warranty. I still had to get them changed at my own expense after another couple of years because those damn things just won't last!
True that. During my car's third service, the SA called me back to say that the center vent is broken (they were not when I left the car at the service center). I had to fight tooth and nail to get it replaced for free, in which I succeeded finally even though my car was out of warranty. Only to find a few days later that I had just broken my right-side vent damn these things are too fragile!
Old 18th August 2014, 21:48   #7118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
I red about discounts upto 1.2L on the baseline Vento TDi on Autoca as well. But when I called up a couple of VW dealers here in Mumbai, nobody offered any further discounts.
Anyone else know of such discounts in Mumbai?
I don't think dealers divulge discounts on phone. Please visit a couple of dealers and you would be surprised on what they are willing to offer. This is the best time to buy a Vento Tsi.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:16   #7119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I don't think dealers divulge discounts on phone. Please visit a couple of dealers and you would be surprised on what they are willing to offer. This is the best time to buy a Vento Tsi.
No, its not. At least, not in Bangalore [with 2 show rooms that I tried]. Hardly, any discount !
But, for Vento [non TSI], ready for a overall discount of 1 lakh from ex-showroom. So, a good saving on Road tax too.

Prem.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:33   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Any idea if this package is available to existing Vento owners as an extra fitment?
+1. I'd love to hear if we can upgrade the center screen to one which has GPS and all the media features built in. I don't particularly care for rear seat entertainment but hey! if that's the package, I'll take it.

Any idea if the new version has HID / Projector lights or just the regular ones?
Old 19th August 2014, 09:40   #7121
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is nothing but stock clearance. They are going to launch new one soon & they must be having lot of inventory of the old model.
Old 19th August 2014, 09:43   #7122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Ok, got it. Yes thats totally fine. A person with appointment should be given a priority. Thats how it is with the Doctors too.

I thought Noopster has received an info from VW that " VW do not accept Walkins - as a rule"
Missed this earlier. No communication from VW to me What I posted was based on my own experience!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 10:14   #7123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
+1. I'd love to hear if we can upgrade the center screen to one which has GPS and all the media features built in. I don't particularly care for rear seat entertainment but hey! if that's the package, I'll take it.

Any idea if the new version has HID / Projector lights or just the regular ones?
Looking at the Picture and description in the Ad for this in today paper, looks like the AVN System is nothing but the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which several of us Vento/Polo owners upgraded to. Good to see that our upgrade can be considered 'official' since VW India is now selling it as an official upgrade.

So it would definitely be possible to upgrade the center screen only (unless they sell it only as a combo). It is a plug and play and may be a 10-15 min job to swap it.

Edit: Just visited the Website. Definitely it is the Philadelphia 835. Any idea on how much is the premium for this Konnect version?

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th August 2014 at 10:18.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:39   #7124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
By default a cold start leaves the car at 800RPM which I think is the normal idling range, but after a minute or 2 or after driving it goes upto 1000 to 1050 RPM idling speed. I thought it was the other way round (idles faster on cold engines). I can distinctly hear the sound of the engine while idling. Any feedback here.
Once the car is moved, the idling is kept on the boil (higher than the cold idle). It will take a bit of time to settle down to the cold idle after you come to a halt.

Similar read.

EDIT:

Forgot to add my own query.

When I put the full indicator, it sometimes blink for 3 times and stop! I check and the lever is still activated for full indication, no I have not put the quick indication.

Next; the horn doesn't honk at times!! Agree that I'm a light honker (I just give the shortest of the honk with the side of the palm) so that all this time I had been doubting myself if I have pressed fully; but after a few dangerous encounters of missing the honk, I feel there could be some issue.

Any takers?

Last edited by thoma : 19th August 2014 at 10:54.
Old 19th August 2014, 11:05   #7125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any idea on how much is the premium for this Konnect version?

The highlight of the Konekt package is that the customers are getting all the features without any extra cost as this will make the deal even more sweet.
The Vento is due for a facelift in the coming months and the limited edition models are introduced the clear the stock.

http://fly-wheel.com/volkswagen-vent...tion-launched/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks