Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 20:11   #7321
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Already got the update done around 15 days back, engine noise has reduced drastically and VW have even added some weight to the lifeless steering.
This happened once before the update and now today after the update, will keep an eye on it and update.
Will reset the ecu if this happens again though i dont think that is gonna work.
Hi Coolboy007, can you pls provide a screenshot of the service bulletin or service summary showing the details of this update. Also, apart from using a VCDS cable, is there any other way of verifying if my vehicle has got this update done? Reason I ask is because my car underwent the first service in September after completing the first birthday & I could not find any ECU updates mentioned in the service summary. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:04   #7322
BHPian

Since the first service of my vento, the ride has become bumpy. I can feel it even on the smooth surface roads. What could be wrong ?
Old 19th November 2014, 13:24   #7323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Since the first service of my vento, the ride has become bumpy. I can feel it even on the smooth surface roads. What could be wrong ?
Check your tire pressure. VW workshop tends to over-inflate the tires.
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 13:41   #7324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Check your tire pressure. VW workshop tends to over-inflate the tires.
I did check tyre pressure and also for alloy bend both were fine. But still i feel bumpy rides + slight vibrations in steering during braking.
Old 20th November 2014, 08:42   #7325
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently paid a visit to the VW to get my Vento's gearbox mounting changed as it was making a sound especially in the lower gears. In addition I also got the ECU update done (ver.9972). Two noticeable changes post update were quieter cold starts and I feel the steering has perceived more weight to it.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Sid
Old 20th November 2014, 11:34   #7326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Hi guys,

I recently paid a visit to the VW to get my Vento's gearbox mounting changed as it was making a sound especially in the lower gears. In addition I also got the ECU update done (ver.9972). Two noticeable changes post update were quieter cold starts and I feel the steering has perceived more weight to it.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Sid
Were you charged for the ECU update? If yes, how much?
Old 20th November 2014, 16:57   #7327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
Reason I ask is because my car underwent the first service in September after completing the first birthday & I could not find any ECU updates mentioned in the service summary. Thanks for your help in advance.
As i had said before, i could not take photos or note down the update version of the software. You can see Siddharth's post below for reference and ask your service centre to do the ecu update. Only your service centre can update/check your current software version as car is connected to VW servers online and then the update is done.
Quote:
Hi guys,

Hope that helps
Cheers
Sid
What kind of sound was coming from the gearbox? These days after i engage the reverse gear, as soon as i start moving, the lever comes up and makes a thud sound. The reverse engages fine but it seems as if the mechanism to hold the reverse gear in down position has become faulty. Were you facing vibrations in the gear lever?

Agree with you regarding update, engine is much quieter even at speeds above 100 and the steering has been gives some weight like the new Polo.
Old 20th November 2014, 18:57   #7328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Were you charged for the change or was it done under warranty? Kindly do share the bill.
Old 20th November 2014, 19:10   #7329

Quote:

What kind of sound was coming from the gearbox? These days after i engage the reverse gear, as soon as i start moving, the lever comes up and makes a thud sound. The reverse engages fine but it seems as if the mechanism to hold the reverse gear in down position has become faulty.
Me too facing the same issue. Told the service guys about it. The said they have checked it and its fine. Another member on the forum has also mentioned about the same issue. He said the A.S.S. Did some lubrication and it's fine now.
Don't know what to do now.
Old 20th November 2014, 20:54   #7330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasnb View Post
Me too facing the same issue. Told the service guys about it. The said they have checked it and its fine. Another member on the forum has also mentioned about the same issue. He said the A.S.S. Did some lubrication and it's fine now.
Don't know what to do now.
So you told the service centre about your issue and they said its normal , this service centre should get the "most shameful asc" of the year award. How can it be fine? Please shoot a mail to VW India and call the CRM of your service centre.
I have not yet shown mine to the service guys, will get the work done during 3rd service as it is just a nuisance. Reading posts as yours make me worried about service support, Vento is a such a nice car to drive but VW and its service centres are leaving no stone unturned to provide extremely poor service.

I had taken my car last month to get the ecu software updated, landed there at 11 AM as per my appointment and the SA told me that the car would be ready by 7:30 PM, called the CRM, blasted him over the phone and then my car was immediately taken in without any job card being opened, was out within an hour after software update + injector calibration.
Old 20th November 2014, 21:37   #7331

@coolboy 007- Very true. The asc are good for nothing. And reading the injector related problems have left me worried for my car. Regarding the gear noise, I checked with my brother's polo. The gear lever does pop up but without the noise, in a smooth manner. Would wait for what they do with your car. Please keep updated regarding the same. BTW when is your service schedule?
Old 21st November 2014, 01:22   #7332
BHPian

Hi everyone. I am in the market for a diesel automatic. I have been using a pre worshipped Jetta diesel. Manual of course and very happy from it. Hence,my obvious love for the German twins. But looking at so many problems with Vento/ polo, I am forced to think about their reliability. New Ventos ride and handling is nowhere close to my 5 year old car. I used to own the old Fabia and the quality/solidity was much better than the new polo as well. I feel there has been a drop in quality by VAG in interest of cost. I am really confused between three choices. First, Vento/Rapid DSG. Second, Zest AMT ( truly from a practical point of view with that 3 year maintenance program from Tata ). Last, keep my Jetta for another year or two. It's a 2009 make with only 48700 kms on it.
Old 21st November 2014, 07:56   #7333
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Jetta to Vento is a definite downgrade. But Zest....seriously? You are going down 3 segments. Despite the improved quality this time around, Tata product will never match up to a VW in terms of fit and finish.

Also curious what reliability issues you are referring to in Polo and Vento. A lot of owners here have just had to spend 8-10k a year on routine maintenance and their machines are still going strong.
Old 21st November 2014, 08:14   #7334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Were you charged for the ECU update? If yes, how much?
Quote:
As i had said before, i could not take photos or note down the update version of the software. You can see Siddharth's post below for reference and ask your service centre to do the ecu update. Only your service centre can update/check your current software version as car is connected to VW servers online and then the update is done.

What kind of sound was coming from the gearbox? These days after i engage the reverse gear, as soon as i start moving, the lever comes up and makes a thud sound. The reverse engages fine but it seems as if the mechanism to hold the reverse gear in down position has become faulty. Were you facing vibrations in the gear lever?

Agree with you regarding update, engine is much quieter even at speeds above 100 and the steering has been gives some weight like the new Polo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Were you charged for the change or was it done under warranty? Kindly do share the bill.
Well I had given my Car under general check up as I usually get the car checked at the service center every 6 Months. I am planning a long drive soon so wanted to be doubly sure. I was charged Rs.750 for it and the update was covered under it.

As far as the gearbox mount is concerned, the noise itself is not from the gearbox or gear changes (they were smooth as ever). It was the rubber mount that was changed and no it is not covered under the extended warranty. It costs Rs.1300 for the part and Labour.

Regards,
Sid
siddharthdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 13:07   #7335
BHPian

Sometime back I had reported about a small accident on my Vento and losing the VW insignia on the front. Link here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3545680

Following suggestions on T-BHP, I nudged the front bumper and it got locked into position, leaving just a gaping hole in the front where the insignia was! There was no provision to just replace the VW insignia as the plastic around had got heavily damaged.

Meanwhile I visited Kun Motors (new dealer in Chennai for VW) to enquire what could be done. The service adviser informed that the entire bumper and front grille has to be changed as they are integral part!! Cost of replacement - rs. 15,000/-. I just ran away from the workshop!

Last week, did my first service and asked the service adviser (Sundaram Motors) what could be done on the front VW insignia. He had a look and said simply change the front grill! He also explained that the front grill and the bumper are 2 separate items and can be replaced individually. Kun SA is not even aware of this!!

Cost of replacing the front grill - Rs. 2800/-.

And here it goes - as good as new!!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-picsart_1416473025129.jpg  

Srikanthan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks