Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 23:43   #7546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
What tyre pressure are you using? I believe its the rear tow hook or rear mud flaps which are getting scrapped. No chance fuel tank getting scrapped.

I would suggest you to have 34 all round tyre pressure.

No. Oil change is to be done at 15,000 Kms or 1 year whichever is earlier. I would suggest you to go through the user manual once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
I think it is the rigid mudflap that is scraping. That is what happens in my car, initially I also thought that it was the underbody of the car that is scraping, but is not. If you have rigid mudflaps, check them, you can see the frayed edges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Rest easy. The fuel tank is mounted quite high up and above all suspension components for it to ever hit the ground!

it is usually the rigid mudguards that usually create the scraping noise. You should check for frayed edges. The Vento has the same ground clearance as the SX4 VXi so underbody hit should not be the case though the suspension is softer, unless you approach the obstackle at very high speeds.

Thanks guys, Maybe its not the underbody or the fuel tank thats scraping but the mud flaps, which I got installed at the dealer before the delivery, or the towing hook. It did worry me that if its the fuel tank then its not good and maybe risky over the period of time. haven't checked the mud flaps if they have frayed edges to confirm that yet but will see next time.

Also but once the fuel tank and underbody did get scrapped when I took a U-turn on a 2-way highway with muddy undeveloped almost step like centre dividing lane. checked the underbody then and the fuel tank had mud marks then. but that was once and doubt it might have damaged anything then.

But the problem of the creaking sound from the doors still remain and still no solution found. has anyone experienced this issue and if yes, how did it get rectified.

Also, I asked about the Oil change as it is advised on this forum to have an oil change in diesel cars after the first 1000 kms for the longer life of the engine as it might have some metal shavings in it from the new engine. so has anyone changed the oil in their vento after the 1000 kms or I shouldn't bother?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you narrow down to which door are you getting this sound?

Have you opened the door pads for installing aftermarket ICE?

Are you sure?

It could be the one of the below:

1) Mud flap or
2) Tow hook or
3) Running board.

When is the scraping sound heard? When the car is in the middle of the slope or during the end?

Why not do one thing, once you cross the slope, stop on flat ground, look below and see if you find scratches on the fuel tank?

IMO the fuel tank is above the exhaust system and it will have protection.

Not sure what VW recommends so either go what the owners manual says or your SA.

Maruti Suzuki says first oil change is at 10K kms but when my Swift was new, I did change the oil and oil filter at 1000 kms.
At first the sound came from the rear left door I think. but now its from all the doors I feel. that creaking sound also is more audible when the car is at a very low speed. specially when I start climbing my building slope. even though there isn't any bad or rough surface but still there is creaking sound.

The scraping is heard at the beginning of the slope. the slope starts on a U-turn. again its the same building slope.

VW doesn't recommend oil change at the 1000km mark of course and nor do the dealer knows anything I am sure. Team-bhp recommends the oil change for the betterment of the diesel engine so I was wondering if I should go with it.
I had done that with my XUV, which eventually got an engine replacement , and so didn't bother with the new engine and will go as the dealer/service centre guys say, which is at the first service I think.

Mods: Please merge the two posts if required. sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th February 2015 at 00:12. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 5th February 2015, 00:05   #7547
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

The scraping is heard at the beginning of the slope. the slope starts on a U-turn. again its the same building slope.

so I was wondering if I should go with it.
If the scraping sound is heard at the starting of the slope then look at the front bumper base. Could have scratch marks.

A Suggestion: Why not ask the fellow Vento owner to drive his car and you observe where it scrapes OR vice-versa.

Do change the oil filter as it will be holding the impurities etc more than the oil itself.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 02:10   #7548
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Also, I asked about the Oil change as it is advised on this forum to have an oil change in diesel cars after the first 1000 kms for the longer life of the engine as it might have some metal shavings in it from the new engine. so has anyone changed the oil in their vento after the 1000 kms or I shouldn't bother?
1.6/1.5 TDi are modern day engine and do not require oil change at 1000 Kms. These engines are pre-run at factory. Just change engine oil at 15000 Kms or 1 year whichever earlier. No worries whatsoever.

Also oil change cost about Rs ~4500 as its synthetic oil.
Old 5th February 2015, 12:35   #7549
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Also but once the fuel tank and underbody did get scrapped when I took a U-turn on a 2-way highway with muddy undeveloped almost step like centre dividing lane. checked the underbody then and the fuel tank had mud marks then.
pardon me, but I suspect what you are referring to as "fuel tank" might be the bottom of the boot which is scooped out to make space for the spare wheel. Can you please check once again ? The fuel tank couldn't be the lowest point in the underbody - afterall, this is not a low-slung track racer.
Old 5th February 2015, 13:15   #7550
BHPian

Quote:

At first the sound came from the rear left door I think. but now its from all the doors I feel. that creaking sound also is more audible when the car is at a very low speed. specially when I start climbing my building slope. even though there isn't any bad or rough surface but still there is creaking sound.
The squeaking sound is present in many cars, so son't worry. my car had it on the 4th after i did a cross country 1800km and persists since then. there is a DIY involving inserting a small tube in the door beadings (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-rattles.html). I did that and it is now almost 80-85% ok, but it still squeaks here and there. You can take it to the service centre as there is a service advisory and the solution seems to be putting a film on the part where door touches the monocoque.

Oil changing at 1000km will be an overkill in my opinion. if you are so particular maybe at the 7500km inspection you can change.

Most probably what is scraping is the mudflap as i have heard from quite a few friends that it happens when the car is loaded. It has not happened with me as my car is never loaded more than 150-200kg

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 5th February 2015 at 13:17.
Old 5th February 2015, 13:41   #7551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Where is the horn located for the Vento? Is it accessible without much tools?

My Vento's horn sometimes gets cut off momentarily even when pressed continuously. Not that I always press long, but for the sake of checking; I use short honks and at times the horn does not sound for a moment, for the critical moment most times.

The ASC has checked the horn pad contacts and said they greased some oxidation. I came home and pried open the pad and found no evidence of any greasing or oxidation there.
Open the driver side fog lamp cover ( black plastic moulding) use the pin provided in OEM toolkit to pull it out by grabbing the hole provided in the cowl. This way u can access the high tone horn. The low tone Horn is I guess behind the bumper not sure
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 13:53   #7552
Senior - BHPian

Mudflaps are scraped, if the car is entering a sudden (sharp) dip or at the exit of high short speed breakers. It is the protruding rear hook that helps protect (in other words!) the bumper while entering or alighting ramps. The underside of the running board are scrapped mostly when the front and back wheels are on the opposite sides of the entrance (for declines) or departure (for inclines) of ramps.

I think for the Vento, the fuel tank comes ahead of the rear axle (?) and the hook is a part of the bottom of the boot where the spare wheel is held.

To hit the fuel tank or even the bottom part of the boot, one needs to run 'over' big boulders or protrusions from the ground when the rear wheels are still at ground level.
Old 5th February 2015, 14:17   #7553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Where is the horn located for the Vento? Is it accessible without much tools?
Driver side behind the fog lamp/cover. You need to poke the tool through a hole and pull the cover out.

Check out this link. The first snap clearly shows the horn.

Quote:
I came home and pried open the pad
As in, you opened the horn pad from the steering? What model of the Vento do you have? The central pad houses the airbag unit as well. I am just curious.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:05   #7554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
As in, you opened the horn pad from the steering? What model of the Vento do you have? The central pad houses the airbag unit as well. I am just curious.
Yeah, you are thinking right. It is a comfortline, old model with no airbags.
Old 5th February 2015, 16:41   #7555
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this review of a 2015 Vento Konekt TSI

http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/new...w-tech-allure/

The Konekt refers to the Philadelphia 835 AVN system + a tablet for the rear seat passenger which was launched last year. Apparently they offer it across the range in the refreshed Vento also.

The review describes the capabilities of the rear tablet in some detail. Have not seen that until now. Hence thought to post the link here.

The positioning works for a chauffeur driven single person in the back. If there are 2 people, then it does not make sense.
Old 6th February 2015, 00:29   #7556
BANNED

I always thought the the connect version was on the old vento.
Damn. I don't like the stock HU at all.
Old 8th February 2015, 13:05   #7557
BHPian

How I thought VW would give some significant refresh to the new model. These headlamps are currently available in some of the international version I guess. It would have been nice to have them here:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-694609148_511.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-694604758_443.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-694604764_905.jpg
Old 8th February 2015, 18:26   #7558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
This way u can access the high tone horn. The low tone Horn is I guess behind the bumper not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Driver side behind the fog lamp/cover. You need to poke the tool through a hole and pull the cover out.
Thanks guys.

The other horn is located behind the passenger side fog lamp cover. Tricky, the fog lamp covers need to be pulled with some force, like in 2-3 light pulls and then a firm but quick shot. Though there is only limited access to the horn through this way, I was not able to pull apart the wiring socket.
Old 9th February 2015, 15:22   #7559
Distinguished - BHPian

New Vento continues its testing. Both LHD/RHD versions on test. Sincee all of them were TDI (diesel) variants, suggesting the company is working on diesel powertrain, possibly the transmission.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenventofaceliftspied006.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenventofaceliftspied010.jpg

Quote:
Updates on the 2015 Volkswagen Vento facelift include repositioning of brand badge to a lower spot shifting accommodating parabolic cut from bonnet edge to bumper’s; bolder looking bumper, change in detailing of bumper around fog lamps, and new thin slat across boot lid in body colour (which could be coated in chrome for higher variants).
http://www.rushlane.com/upcoming-201...-12143440.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th February 2015 at 15:24.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:40   #7560
Team-BHP Support

The number plate lights on the spy-shots are definitely LED variants:

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenventofaceliftspied013.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2015volkswagenventofaceliftspied011.jpg

Source: Rushlane

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks