Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2015, 20:17   #7606
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Has anybody noticed a drop in their vento's fuel economy? I hardly get anything above 15km/l even on long drives. I remember getting 21km/l initially on this car.Any suggestions to rectify this would be highly appreciated.
Vento highline diesel 2011, 54000kms
If your car is late 2011 or early 2012 model, highly probable that your injectors are failing. Ever since I got them changed under extended warranty, mileage has improved remarkably. There are posts in this forum, showing the service advisory regarding the problem injectors. Get them checked, also other causes mentioned.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 23:49   #7607
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody noticed a drop in their vento's fuel economy? I hardly get anything above 15km/l even on long drives. I remember getting 21km/l initially on this car.Any suggestions to rectify this would be highly appreciated.

Vento highline diesel 2011, 54000kms

Also, check your wheel alignment. Not sure the drop can be that drastic, but can't hurt to check.
Old 25th February 2015, 05:44   #7608
BANNED

Quote:
Has anybody noticed a drop in their vento's fuel economy? I hardly get anything above 15km/l even on long drives.
In addition to my earlier post,

Do check the wheel bearings and also brakes if they are binding the wheels or no.
Old 25th February 2015, 14:52   #7609
Senior - BHPian

Can the cloth seat covers of the Polo Tsi be used on Vento? I find the colour and fabric better suited to our climate.
Old 25th February 2015, 14:56   #7610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Can the cloth seat covers of the Polo Tsi be used on Vento? I find the colour and fabric better suited to our climate.
Perhaps the front seats, yes. Not the cover for the rear seat-back since the Polo does not have the arm-rest for the rear seat.

The fabric upholstery of the Polo is very good in terms of comfort.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:33   #7611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Pls take it up strongly with phoneix cars and VW. it could be easily that the part had to be replaced because of being manhandled. Now that you have paid you have to get the amount back. it would have been easier if you had fought before making the payment. I too bought my vento from Phoenix cars, thrissur and is making me wonder about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Yes, I should have refused to pay the amount. I have already got a reply from Phoenix cars that the part was already broken (How?) and that it is not covered under warranty. I am continuing to take up the matter with VW. Shall keep the forum updated.
I think an update is due. Yes, finally Phoenix cars agreed to refund me the Rs.8292 that was charged for replacing the broken hose. ( Those who are new to this thread, please read my earlier post on page 505 ).The car was running fine after the replacement of the injectors under extended warranty, but recently I noticed that the engine noise had become very rough with some kind of knocking sound during low RPMs , disappearing as it accelerates. Took it to Phoenix cars today, it was immediately diagnosed as injector knocking and a minimum quantity adaptation (whatever that means) was done for the injectors, essentially a soft ware patch. My God, what a difference that has produced, the roughness of the engine noise is gone, engine runs really smooth, it is a different beast now. Happy.
Old 4th March 2015, 13:08   #7612
BANNED

Quote:

Took it to Phoenix cars today, it was immediately diagnosed as injector knocking and a minimum quantity adaptation (whatever that means) was done for the injectors, essentially a soft ware patch.
The knocking sound and harsh idle vibrations coupled with clatter is all due to the injectors delivering incorrect amount of fuel. After the injectors were replaced, it should be learnt by the ECU to adapt and deliver the 'right' amount of fuel to engine at different load conditions and at idle.

What they do is hook the car onto VCDS and tune the ECU to the new injectors delivering the right quantity. Post the VCDS tune-up your cars becomes normal will lesser clatter and no knocking.

Hope it helps.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 21:01   #7613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My God, what a difference that has produced, the roughness of the engine noise is gone, engine runs really smooth, it is a different beast now. Happy.
It is a very good idea to get the "Minimum quantity injector adaption" done at every service for 1.6 TDi cars. When i had got the same done on my car, the improvements in harshness and noise levels were immense. I will request for the same to be done when my car goes for service next month.

Helps the engine being more revv happy and smooth, please keep in mind that the fuel level should be more than half when we give it for injector adaption, else it can not be done, software rejects the adaption if fuel level is low.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 21:58   #7614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It is a very good idea to get the "Minimum quantity injector adaption" done at every service for 1.6 TDi cars. When i had got the same done on my car, the improvements in harshness and noise levels were immense. I will request for the same to be done when my car goes for service next month.

Helps the engine being more revv happy and smooth, please keep in mind that the fuel level should be more than half when we give it for injector adaption, else it can not be done, software rejects the adaption if fuel level is low.
Thank you, I will also insist on this at every service. Apart from the smoothness of the engine and the happy purring sound instead of the tractor like noise, the FE increases substantially.
Old 12th March 2015, 00:04   #7615
BHPian

Could anybody confirm what's the max SD card storage capacity an RCD 320 unit supports ? I was planning to buy a 64GB SD card for my Vento & hence checking. Thanks for your response.
Old 13th March 2015, 14:29   #7616
BHPian

I own a 2011 Vento, bought in the first lot in my city. It's done 62000-odd kilometers in 4 years. It's been a wonderful experience till recent times. 4 years, the car gave me absolutely no trouble! Basic consumables and wear and tear. Nothing else. Then last monsoon, i gave my car to the VW Nashik for brake noise. the car was making way too much noise in the rear brakes. And then the monstrosity began. First we had to replace the brake pads and front discs. Assuming it was due anyways, i went for it.

A couple of weeks later, the suspension started making noises. Send the car in for repairs again.

The day i get the car back, i drove it out for dinner and the engine light comes on. The car immediately became sluggish and the turbo stopped working. Fortunately the car was running so managed to get home after dinner. Called the service rep and was told to bring the car in the next day.

So i took it to VW the next day, i was told the EGR valve was shot and i had to replace it. AFAIK even a Swift that's done over a lakh kilometres just needs a good EGR valve cleaning to get it working. I was shocked to hear from the service rep that VW doesn't have a procedure to clean the EGR valve!! Only direct replacement.

So that's the story. A car that hasn't cost me a dime over basic servicing in the last 4 years suddenly has cost me over 1 lakh in the last 1.5 months. It's been disappointing and frankly i have no qualms with the car, but i fear for the life of my car with the dealership. Every time it goes in for any work, they will call me to tell me there's some altogether different issue that i need to resolve.

I sent the car to the showroom again for rear suspension noise, the service rep tells me that i need to replace my steering rod . How are the 2 even connected?! I told him to chuck it and not to do anything and just return the car. They say that i'll have to pay for basic spraying that they did on the doors and it would cost 150 bucks. I told them that i would pay no such fee as I had not asked for it. I had sent it purely for the rear suspension noise and what the hell does the door have to do with anything? He says it's a part of the procedure.

I call my dad at the time, explain the situation and just say that maybe we'll have to complain on the VW India facebook page and suddenly my fees are waived!! And it took him 15 minutes to print a bill. And when i finally got the bill, it was in the name of Some foundation and not in my dad's name. So he hurriedly rushes me out, saying, "Sir, it's a zero bill anyways. Why do you need it? Just take the car. I'll make your gate pass."

I have honestly never seen such terrible service! And i own 2 fords!

I have stopped sending my car to VW Nashik and i wonder if the Mumbai showrooms are better. If they are, i will gladly send my car to Mumbai to get it serviced!
Old 16th March 2015, 01:34   #7617
BHPian

Hi Venom,

Sorry to heart about the unfortunate time you are facing. My 2010 VENTO HL Tdi is also giving me similar trouble. Busted EGR and fuel injectors. I was just curious, was your EGR repalcement not covered under warranty or goodwill?

Also does the car feel "good as new" after the EGR repalcement?

Thanks for any info you can offer

Wishing you a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
I own a 2011 Vento, bought in the first lot in my city. It's done 62000-odd kilometers in 4 years. It's been a wonderful experience till recent times. 4 years, the car gave me absolutely no trouble! Basic consumables and wear and tear. Nothing else. Then last monsoon, i gave my car to the VW Nashik for brake noise. the car was making way too much noise in the rear brakes. And then the monstrosity began. First we had to replace the brake pads and front discs. Assuming it was due anyways, i went for it.

A couple of weeks later, the suspension started making noises. Send the car in for repairs again.

The day i get the car back, i drove it out for dinner and the engine light comes on. The car immediately became sluggish and the turbo stopped working. Fortunately the car was running so managed to get home after dinner. Called the service rep and was told to bring the car in the next day.

So i took it to VW the next day, i was told the EGR valve was shot and i had to replace it. AFAIK even a Swift that's done over a lakh kilometres just needs a good EGR valve cleaning to get it working. I was shocked to hear from the service rep that VW doesn't have a procedure to clean the EGR valve!! Only direct replacement.

So that's the story. A car that hasn't cost me a dime over basic servicing in the last 4 years suddenly has cost me over 1 lakh in the last 1.5 months. It's been disappointing and frankly i have no qualms with the car, but i fear for the life of my car with the dealership. Every time it goes in for any work, they will call me to tell me there's some altogether different issue that i need to resolve.

I sent the car to the showroom again for rear suspension noise, the service rep tells me that i need to replace my steering rod . How are the 2 even connected?! I told him to chuck it and not to do anything and just return the car. They say that i'll have to pay for basic spraying that they did on the doors and it would cost 150 bucks. I told them that i would pay no such fee as I had not asked for it. I had sent it purely for the rear suspension noise and what the hell does the door have to do with anything? He says it's a part of the procedure.
Old 16th March 2015, 14:15   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidby View Post
Hi Venom,

Sorry to heart about the unfortunate time you are facing. My 2010 VENTO HL Tdi is also giving me similar trouble. Busted EGR and fuel injectors. I was just curious, was your EGR repalcement not covered under warranty or goodwill?

Also does the car feel "good as new" after the EGR repalcement?

Thanks for any info you can offer

Wishing you a good day
Hey Sidby,

Sadly no, it was not covered under warranty or good faith. 32k was shelled out by me.

And no. There is no dramatic change. In fact, it feels the same as it felt before the EGR replacement.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 14:27   #7619
BHPian

Hi venom,

I see. I just got a call about my car 15 minutes back.

Mine is a nov 2010 and wasnt under warranty either. But using the advisory on tbhp, and some thinly veiled threats, I have managed to get them to replace 4 fuel injectors and the EGR 100% Free of Cost.

Even though you have already gotten the work done, I advise you to try and get a refund. There is no such thing as goodfaith/goodwill on their part in my experience. It is a simple case of them being at fault and not acknowledging it, so as to avoid the costs. I hope you have a satisfactory resolution if you do take it up.

So, EGR replacement has no effect? From my reading i deduce that fuel injector replacement probably impacts performance more. So i am eagerly waiting to see the results.

I am a little concerned about keeping it, after the repairs, though. If this can happen once, it can easily happen again and again. Some people also believe that once a car goes to the workshop, it keeps going back. What are your views on this point?

VW really needs to buck up.

Wishing you a good day!

Quote:
Hey Sidby,

Sadly no, it was not covered under warranty or good faith. 32k was shelled out by me.

And no. There is no dramatic change. In fact, it feels the same as it felt before the EGR replacement.
Old 16th March 2015, 15:21   #7620
BHPian

Quote:

Hi there! Even my car is serviced at VW Nasik since 2013 which was bought from Mumbai in 2013. The only thing they are good at is car polishing. My Vento had minor damages at 3 spots a year back. Unlike humble Maruti service, they took 1 week plus to repair the car. My dad was calling them repeatedly to check the status of the car. We didn't get clear answers though. So after much frustration, we headed to their workshop and saw that the car was kept for paint drying in open sun. Interior door panels were not fitted. I checked the painted panels and they were completely looking wobbly under sunlight. He asked us to wait for an hour so we did.

Later we were shown the ready car. There was no difference whatsoever. A thin scratch was produced on left doors too. But the paint job was simply amazing.

Now, the painted door's door handle color is slowly coming off. I have to complain that too but in tight schedule. My car has been serviced 3 times there. Each time we were given oil cans but only after the 3rd service, I felt that they replaced the oil fully and just didn't top up.

Currently my car is at 49,500 kms within 2 years and mechanically trouble free.

Had to replace my front windshield last week. They kindly polished my car for free though.

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 16th March 2015 at 15:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks