Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:38   #7681
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When the car is idling check if there is mild smoke coming out from the Oil dipstick checking point.

Do you notice any white smoke from the exhaust?
no white smoke from both locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Completely normal. 1.6 TDI when new consumes a lot of oil. It will become normal after you cross 8-9k. Just tell your service centre to top up the oil. They should do it for free actually since the official service is at 15k.
this is a relief ! I was also expecting some oil consumption, but did not expect 2/3rds of the oil to be gone, hence my post
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:24   #7682
BHPian

I gave my vento for the first free check up in 9865 kms..pretty late than the recommended 7500 kms. But the SA didn't comment about unusual decrease in oil level. He just said, "oil level was slightly lower buy we topped up sir".Is driving pattern or environmental factors like temperature likely to determine oil consumption?
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:06   #7683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Is driving pattern or environmental factors like temperature likely to determine oil consumption?
New engine so more consumption. Oil gets consumed than usual for lubricating the engine thoroughly. After the lubricating is done, it will start to consume steadily.

My first top up was done at 2000 kms. After that, oil change at respective service intervals.
Old 23rd April 2015, 14:21   #7684
Team-BHP Support

The new Vento Highline 1.5 TDI doesn't get a highline BCM (086 K):

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20150423wa0008.jpg

so no chance of adding the cruise control stalk unless the BCM is changed. Source - neighbour and a good friend's new Vento.
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:34   #7685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Attachment 1363670

so no chance of adding the cruise control stalk unless the BCM is changed. Source - neighbour and a good friend's new Vento.
What about the Vento TSI?
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:39   #7686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No clue Viddy. Heck, I should have just clicked a snap when I went to the service center yesterday evening!

Will do it when I go there to collect the car, probably tomorrow. Saw a Vento TSI parked inside the showroom.
Old 24th April 2015, 01:56   #7687
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1363670

so the 1.5 TDI doesn't get highline BCM but the 1.5 TDI DSG (both comfortline and highline) gets highline BCM (as per you post #7594). I somehow get the feeling VW is fixing whatever they can lay their hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Since the TDI DSG gets highline BCM, i assume the TSI should also be having it. But on second thoughts with VW one can never be sure. they seems to be adding deleting features/components at random
Old 24th April 2015, 10:30   #7688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
so the 1.5 TDI doesn't get highline BCM but the 1.5 TDI DSG (both comfortline and highline) gets highline BCM (as per you post #7594). I somehow get the feeling VW is fixing whatever they can lay their hands on

Since the TDI DSG gets highline BCM, i assume the TSI should also be having it. But on second thoughts with VW one can never be sure. they seems to be adding deleting features/components at random
Sorry for the silly question. But where exactly is this BCM module and sticker. Wanted to confirm that my Vento TSI has the version needed to support addition of Cruise control stalk.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:36   #7689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Sorry for the silly question. But where exactly is this BCM module and sticker. Wanted to confirm that my Vento TSI has the version needed to support addition of Cruise control stalk.
Below the steering wheel under the dash. You need to put your head into the footwell and look upwards at steering and you should see a black box.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 10:37   #7690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Here (My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience)

Use the phone's front camera so you can get a liveview on the display.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 12:42   #7691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
My 1.6TDI's 7.5k free checkup is looming. Car has run 7.3k

I checked the dipstick oil level after 2 days of remaining parked.

Roughly only 1/3 oil remains. Is this amount of drinking normal for a brand new car ?

I remember the SA showing me the oil level on the dipstick (when taking delivery of car) and I remember it was full. Not sure whether the engine was warm or cold.

That's normal. In general, the range between the min and max indicators of the dipstick is about a litre. And your engine consumed between 600-700ml of oil. And 100ml per 1000kms is the general stated consumption figures for a new engine. Check your manual for the exact figures.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 22:42   #7692
BHPian

Gave my Vento for it's 3rd service a few days ago. During the service, the SA advised that the battery should be replaced as it's weak...

Just wanted to check if it's the correct time to replace the battery? It'll be 3 years in June and it's 50k KMs on the odo! During winters, it used to be an effort to start the car, but now that the heat is on, it cranks just fine... don't know if that had something to do with cold start or weak battery. Headlamps etc don't seem too dim.
Old 24th April 2015, 23:47   #7693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Just wanted to check if it's the correct time to replace the battery?

Headlamps etc don't seem too dim.
Switch the lights ON and with the lights on, start the car.

During cranking if the headlights dim a lot then it's time to change the battery.

The other process of hook the car onto an OBD 2 reader or a VCDS which will give you information on the idle voltage and the village during cranking voltage.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 01:04   #7694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Gave my Vento for it's 3rd service a few days ago. During the service, the SA advised that the battery should be replaced as it's weak...

Just wanted to check if it's the correct time to replace the battery? It'll be 3 years in June and it's 50k KMs on the odo! During winters, it used to be an effort to start the car, but now that the heat is on, it cranks just fine... don't know if that had something to do with cold start or weak battery. Headlamps etc don't seem too dim.
Mine didnt even last 3 years. I had to get it changed after almost 2 years 8 months.
Old 25th April 2015, 01:09   #7695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Mine didnt even last 3 years. I had to get it changed after almost 2 years 8 months.
I see! Where did you get in changed from? Service station or a neighbourhood store? Also, how much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks