Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2015, 14:08   #7696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Below the steering wheel under the dash. You need to put your head into the footwell and look upwards at steering and you should see a black box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Here (My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience)

Use the phone's front camera so you can get a liveview on the display.
Thanks for the info. After much twisting and squirming in the foot well managed to capture the number on video. Good news is that it is the version needed ( 087 H). I assume the K vs H does not make a difference. So happy to know that it is feasible to enable cruise control. One feature that I really miss. So it goes on my future modification list along with paddle shift steering, a remap to bump up power and torque and projector headlamps.

One question I have is: although the electronics support it, won't there be some hardware dependency to fix a cruise control stalk.

General Note to others: Mine is the pre facelift. The question here was actually for the facelifted tsi. But wanted to check mine.
Old 25th April 2015, 14:19   #7697
Team-BHP Support

Nope no hardware changes other than changing the left stalk with the required wiring harness. The wire goes to the ECU as well so it has to be led through the empty rubber grommet on the co-driver side which is the mirror of the driver side, through which the bowden cable for the hood release goes. Glad to hear the pre-facelift Vento does come with the highline BCM.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 16:56   #7698
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to hear the pre-facelift Vento does come with the highline BCM.
Gannu, does the face lifted Polo Highline 90PS that's currently on sale come with the highline BCM?
Old 25th April 2015, 18:57   #7699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Gannu, does the face lifted Polo Highline 90PS that's currently on sale come with the highline BCM?
I am guessing yes because it has the static cornering lights. Maybe some owner can take a peep and confirm. If I find a Highline, I'll do that myself.

I think we need a thread for these BCMs. Will create one later. Information is scattered here and there.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th April 2015 at 18:58.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 21:52   #7700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope no hardware changes other than changing the left stalk with the required wiring harness. The wire goes to the ECU as well so it has to be led through the empty rubber grommet on the co-driver side which is the mirror of the driver side, through which the bowden cable for the hood release goes. Glad to hear the pre-facelift Vento does come with the highline BCM.
I see this as an option in the vagtune site.( ~rs 7000)

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...953513g-detail

More expensive than sourcing from ali express. But I assume worth it, since they will help with install also.

As you mentioned in a previous post, really can't understand why VW has not provided this as a standard feature. The additional cost is peanuts for them.

Considering that the VW cars have a lot of mod potential, It would be good if they officially supported these upgrades through the dealerships even if it means charging a premium. For example like they brought in the Philadelphia 835 as an official upgrade.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th April 2015 at 21:54.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:04   #7701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What about the Vento TSI?
Quote:
Here (My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience)
Use the phone's front camera so you can get a liveview on the display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks for the info. After much twisting and squirming in the foot well managed to capture the number on video. Good news is that it is the version needed ( 087 H). I assume the K vs H does not make a difference. ...
General Note to others: Mine is the pre facelift. The question here was actually for the facelifted tsi. But wanted to check mine.
Below is an extract from VCDS auto scan on my car (Feb 2015 TSI).
Quote:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 6R0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 6RU 937 087 K HW: 6RU 937 087
Component: BCM IM H+4 H35 0424
So looks like it's 087H pre-facelift and 087K since then for Vento TSI.

Quote:
I see this as an option in the vagtune site.( ~rs 7000)

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...953513g-detail

More expensive than sourcing from ali express. But I assume worth it, since they will help with install also.

As you mentioned in a previous post, really can't understand why VW has not provided this as a standard feature. The additional cost is peanuts for them.

Considering that the VW cars have a lot of mod potential, It would be good if they officially supported these upgrades through the dealerships even if it means charging a premium. For example like they brought in the Philadelphia 835 as an official upgrade.
Rajeev,

I'm also keen to get this fitted on my TSI, but struck in a dilemma between Vagtune and Aliexpress. Let's work on this together and find a way out.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 22:56   #7702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post

I'm also keen to get this fitted on my TSI, but struck in a dilemma between Vagtune and Aliexpress. Let's work on this together and find a way out.
I've recently fitted my Roadrunner with alloys (old model were cheap from VW), Blaupunkt Philadelphia & reverse cam. Also done with the 7500KM checkup. Will update my ownership thread with details including the price.

Since Gannu has confirmed that my CL has HL BCM, I would also like to join the group planning to go for the Cruise Control stalk and I'm just 30mins drive from Vagtune Cochin. My worry is that whether it would void the warranty .
Old 27th April 2015, 07:01   #7703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Below is an extract from VCDS auto scan on my car (Feb 2015 TSI).
So looks like it's 087H pre-facelift and 087K since then for Vento TSI.

Rajeev,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
I've recently fitted my Roadrunner with alloys (old model were cheap from VW), Blaupunkt Philadelphia & reverse cam. Also done with the 7500KM checkup. Will update my ownership thread with details including the price.

Since Gannu has confirmed that my CL has HL BCM, I would also like to join the group planning to go for the Cruise Control stalk and I'm just 30mins drive from Vagtune Cochin. My worry is that whether it would void the warranty .
Warranty is my worry too. Especially with the dsg. And unlike stuff like paddle shifters, I have not read about anybody doing this.

I sent a note via the website to vagtune asking whether it will work and if it is a straight forward fix.
Old 27th April 2015, 10:36   #7704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Quote:
Warranty is my worry too. Especially with the dsg. And unlike stuff like paddle shifters, I have not read about anybody doing this.
I sent a note via the website to vagtune asking whether it will work and if it is a straight forward fix.
Agreed on the concerns around warranty.
However am I right in thinking that enabling paddle shifters would void the warranty easily than a cruise control retrofit, especially when CC is provided by default in Rapid?

Last edited by ventoman : 27th April 2015 at 10:57.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:23   #7705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed on the concerns around warranty.
However am I right in thinking that enabling paddle shifters would void the warranty easily than a cruise control retrofit, especially when CC is provided by default in Rapid?
Yes, I think adding paddle shifts would almost surely void the warranty (especially if you are cutting and adding just the shifters). Cruise control is a more subtle change since the stalk is getting replaced and the only real additions are the cruise related buttons at the end of the stalk. It wont even be noticed in most cases.

But knowing VW it is still a worry.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:52   #7706
BHPian

Would like to know how long does the regular factory fitted Batteries last.

Mine is 4 years old and have just given it for 75K service. The service adviser just called and recommended that battery needs replacement since it is presently in half condition (don't know what that means).
Old 27th April 2015, 14:58   #7707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Mine is 4 years old and have just given it for 75K service. The service adviser just called and recommended that battery needs replacement since it is presently in half condition (don't know what that means).
The service center tests the battery using a tool to get the voltage readings across the terminals. If the value is below a certain threshold (don't remember what is the value exactly; some 12.X V IIRC), they recommend a change of battery. Most car batteries last 4-5 years and require a replacement after that.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 15:09   #7708
BHPian

Quote:
If you put a voltmeter across the battery and if the voltage at crank dips below 8.5 - 9 v, its most likely that the battery is nearing end of replacement.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:13   #7709
BANNED

Quote:
That's decent life that you have got from the battery.

Quote:
The service center tests the battery using a tool to get the voltage readings across the terminals. If the value is below a certain threshold (don't remember what is the value exactly; some 12.X V IIRC), they recommend a change of battery. Most car batteries last 4-5 years and require a replacement after that.
They use the voltmeter to get the terminal voltage at ignition (12.1V) and also they check cranking voltage (IIRC minimum 10V).
Old 27th April 2015, 19:45   #7710
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That's decent life that you have got from the battery...
My Vento TDI's battery lasted for 4 years and 42k kms. It was changed only in the 4th annual service.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks