Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 15:42   #7741
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
...team bhp'ian bosporous who had already clicked a snap of the log sheet from his car which showed that all injectors in his car were faulty. I showed the same to them and they were trapped now....
Hi, can you please post the snap highlighting the fault codes?

Nikhil
Old 24th May 2015, 09:31   #7742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Signing in with my Spanking new "night Blue" 1.5 TDI MT Highline.
Cleaned her up today and waiting to take her for a nice early morning spin this weekend.

Cheers!
Hi Wolfy

congrats on your new "night Blue". Drive happy..Drive safe.

How does 1.5 feel in comparison to erstwhile 1.6 in terms of handling?

Open a new experience thread of 1.5 please.

regards
Turbo car
Turbo car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 18:04   #7743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Can you post a scanned copy of the bill?
Sorry for the delay mate! Things got a bit too busy lately

Posting the service bills below

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v12.jpg

I was informed that they had replaced the steering rack(for that irritating grinding noise) and a low pressure fuel pump(?)(for a minor starting trouble that I had complained about) under warranty. The bills for the same has been sent to VW, as is the norm, so have I been told.

Also attaching the list of components covered under extended warranty for further reference. I have been quoted an amount of Rs.24791/- for the 2+2 scheme(2 years extended warranty).

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v1-001.jpg

Last edited by GKR9900 : 24th May 2015 at 18:09.
GKR9900 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 01:43   #7744
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hello everyone.
A quick question. What is the average kilometres after which the brake pads are changed?
I know it largely depends on one's driving style, but a rough average?
My car has done 26K kilometers with the service coming up in 3 months, I expect to cross 30K by then. I have a feeling that I should get the brake pads checked before that. No screeching noise, but I have a gut feeling that the breaking power is lesser, no substantial reason to think so though, the car brakes fine.
Old 25th May 2015, 10:52   #7745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Hi Wolfy

congrats on your new "night Blue". Drive happy..Drive safe.

How does 1.5 feel in comparison to erstwhile 1.6 in terms of handling?

Open a new experience thread of 1.5 please.

regards
Turbo car
Hello Turbo!
The only 1.6 TDI i have driven is a good friend's "code 6" tuned (to the gills) vento. That car is a wrong car to compare my car with. Takes off from the word go and doesn't seem to have a limiter anywhere.

But that friend did drive my car and said in terms of performance one cannot really tell the difference between a stock 1.6 and the 1.5. He mentioned that the 1.5 sounded a little more grunty but couldn't tell for sure.

Handling is the same i suppose. There isn't anything different in the car other than the mill(?).

I put in about 200kms in the car till now. $@#@$ torque bomb.. Getting used to the heavy clutch but it is my only gripe in the car.

Will work on a thread soon Turbo..

Cheers!

Last edited by wolfy : 25th May 2015 at 10:53. Reason: removed excessive use of smileys.
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:57   #7746
BHPian

Just got my VW vento TDI DSG model for the 7500 kms check. I dint have any problems with the car before giving to service, but to my surprise the SA called me and informed that the car needed an engine oil top of 1L. They have used castrol 5w40 engine oil and did the top up in my presences.

But I am surprised that the car consumed 1L engine oil that too in 5months/ 7500 kms. Is this normal? Would like to hear from fellow vento owners.
Old 25th May 2015, 15:34   #7747
BHPian

Same was the issue with our Vento Highline 2012 model. Did some research and it seems that VW uses low tension scrapper rings in the piston, to help reduce engine response time. This results in slightly increased engine oil consumption. Pretty normal for VW diesels.
Old 25th May 2015, 16:19   #7748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
A quick question. What is the average kilometres after which the brake pads are changed?
Replace:
Brake pads: 30,000 Kilometers
Brake rotor disc: 60,000 Kilometers

That's what is specified in manual but can vary according to driving style.
Old 25th May 2015, 16:46   #7749
BHPian

Recently I observed a huge noise from the AC fan when the blower speed increases during mid day in hot conditions. Now the noise is there as soon as AC is on at any speed and increases with fan speed. I can feel the vibration coming through the dash and can feel in the steering too.

Has anyone faced such issue with Vento and what was the problem?

Anyway I talked to the SA and he asked to come in tomorrow. He was vague saying that it could be motor coil problem to condenser problem etc. I just got the vehicle services for 60000kms in March this year. Has run 64k now.
Old 27th May 2015, 07:47   #7750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Recently I observed a huge noise from the AC fan when the blower speed increases during mid day in hot conditions. Now the noise is there as soon as AC is on at any speed and increases with fan speed. I can feel the vibration coming through the dash and can feel in the steering too.

Has anyone faced such issue with Vento and what was the problem?
I had the same problem before I gave my car for the 4th service. The fan makes a huge noise from the get-go and when you increase the blower speed, the vibrations filter into the cabin so much that you have to increase the volume of the stereo if it is playing.

It turned out to be a clogged air filter issue. The AC fan was overworking due to the clogged filter. I just got the filter replaced. That fixed the problem completely.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 11:23   #7751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Initially they told me that nothing showed up on the fault codes and all was well but thanks to team bhp'ian bosporous who had already clicked a snap of the log sheet from his car which showed that all injectors in his car were faulty. I showed the same to them and they were trapped now, sheepishly showed me the same and it clearly stated that 2 injectors were faulty and have to be replaced. I gave them an earful on hiding this fact and trying to be too smart.
Hi Coolboy, Can you sent me the snap of the log sheet?
Old 27th May 2015, 11:39   #7752
Senior - BHPian

After getting my car back from 60K service, noticed that on engaging right indicator, the blink rate on the instrument panel was faster. Later I found that the right rear indicator bulb has gone bad. Guess the faster blinker rate on instrument console was to indicate this?

Never had I seen such a problem in my 20 years of owning cars Could be present on all cars too to indicate bulb malfunction. But why it happened soon after service is something VW needs to look at.
Old 27th May 2015, 14:38   #7753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
After getting my car back from 60K service, noticed that on engaging right indicator, the blink rate on the instrument panel was faster. Later I found that the right rear indicator bulb has gone bad. Guess the faster blinker rate on instrument console was to indicate this?

Never had I seen such a problem in my 20 years of owning cars Could be present on all cars too to indicate bulb malfunction. But why it happened soon after service is something VW needs to look at.
If I am not wrong, there is a bulb malfunction light present in the cluster for all VAG cars. My Laura certainly has it, and went on when one of the bulbs in the tail light cluster went bust. Not sure if Vento and Polo have it too.
Old 27th May 2015, 16:15   #7754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Yes; It is a common feature in cars that when an indicator bulb goes kaput, the indicator starts flashing more rapidly (at a higher frequency) than the normal rate. I remember even the Maruti 800 - SS80 had this feature. In fact, the flashing is at a higher rate not only in your instrument console, but also outside. I don't know if that is made intentionally to be like this or a smaller electricity load factor(due to a bulb not working) makes it behave like that, but surely that serves as a warning for check.

Regards,
Saket
Old 27th May 2015, 16:36   #7755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes; It is a common feature in cars that when an indicator bulb goes kaput, the indicator starts flashing more rapidly (at a higher frequency) than the normal rate. I remember even the Maruti 800 - SS80 had this feature. In fact, the flashing is at a higher rate not only in your instrument console, but also outside. I don't know if that is made intentionally to be like this or a smaller electricity load factor(due to a bulb not working) makes it behave like that, but surely that serves as a warning for check.

Regards,
Saket
Checked on the outside. The front bulbs flicker at the same rate as before. Only the instrument cluster blinker is faster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks