Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 12:54   #7786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Guys,thinking of picking up a pre face lifted Vento Tdi highline this week. The car is powered by the new 1.5 tdi. Vw noida is offering some mouth watering discounts too. But is the new(now old) Vento having those injector issues? I know that maintainence is more than others but I have to ask since it's a german car, does the 1.5 Vento have any reliability issues?
The injector issue seems confined to the 1.6 TDI engines AFAIK. Maintenance costs tend to even out as intervals are longer (15000 km).
BTW what discounts are you getting?
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 13:04   #7787
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Guys,thinking of picking up a pre face lifted Vento Tdi highline this week. The car is powered by the new 1.5 tdi. Vw noida is offering some mouth watering discounts too. But is the new(now old) Vento having those injector issues? I know that maintainence is more than others but I have to ask since it's a german car, does the 1.5 Vento have any reliability issues?
The injector issues were primarily in the pre-2013 cars. According to the guys at the workshop, no issues in the 2014 cars or the 1.5TDI, though, of course, it is early days, but would be surprising if they still haven't managed to fix it. Anyways, you should get 2+2 extended warranty, and that should have you covered.

Also, seems to be a popular misconception that Vento maintenance is high - I think it's actually pretty reasonable. Service costs about Rs. 9-10k, which is once a year, or 15,000km. About normal usage parts, let me give you an indication basis personal experience:
- a front brake pad change cost me ~Rs. 1900, all inclusive.
- a fellow member got his suspension (front struts) changed for Rs. 3600 for a set of 2. Labor was extra, I'm guessing.
- the front windshield costs Rs. 4,400.

In short, go ahead & buy it; it's an awesome drive.

However, the facelift looks very tempting: the exterior changes make it look much classier, plus, the Highline interior colors are finally a nicer shade, and my workshop Service Manager was telling me the Trendline / Comfortline now comes with black interiors. So I would wait to see the new car before I decide whether I want to take the discount & get the old one, or not.

Either ways, great buy, so all the best.

Last edited by bosporus : 16th June 2015 at 13:09.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 16:04   #7788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The injector issue seems confined to the 1.6 TDI engines AFAIK. Maintenance costs tend to even out as intervals are longer (15000 km).
BTW what discounts are you getting?
A reduction of 70k from its on road price, bringing the price down to 11.3 or something or no interest on emi.
Old 17th June 2015, 10:38   #7789
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
A reduction of 70k from its on road price, bringing the price down to 11.3 or something or no interest on emi.
Hey Doge,

1. I had purchased the new (now old) vento 1.5 tdi HL, in the last week of March, at On road price of 11.25L in navsari gujarat with all discounts and zero dep insurance policy. At that time the actual price was somewhere around 11.8L. The taxes here are nominal compared to cities like Bangalore and all.

You can try to push them for more discounts.

2. Considering the facelift, I think they will increase the price by 25-30K making it around 12.1-12.2L On road, I suppose. So comparing with it now, you are getting the vehicle around 90K cheaper assuming the above to be true. The only few important things you will miss are electronically foldable ORVM, exterior changes and etc.

Mechanically the car is same.

3. Regarding the injector issues, I believe time will have the final say. Till then let's hope for the best.
And regarding the maintenance , it is too early for me to comment.

All the best.

Regards
Chirag.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2015 at 11:09. Reason: Removed unwanted spacing. :)
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 16:28   #7790
BHPian

Quote:
Please haggle and get the extended warranty. It really helps in the case of these cars.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 23:09   #7791
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello folks,

Needed some advise here. My Dad's Vento (AT) is around 50k kms done. There were a couple of issues we were facing for which we took it to the service center off late:
1. Strange sound on braking
2. While accelerating, there seemed to be a pickup issue- At certain speeds, he would feel as though the car is not picking up even if he is pressing the accelerator

Now upon inspection, they have come up with a number things to be replaced:
1. Front Shockup (Both)
2. Front Shockup Mount
3. Front Shockup Bearing
4. Front Shockup Stoper
5. Balance Rod Bush
6. Lower Arm Assy
7. Shockup Nut
8. Rear Shockup (Both)
9. Shockup Buffer
10. Coil Spring Pad
11. Brake Pads
12. Brake Disc
13. Brake oil
14. Linkage
15. Front RHS Inner Boot
16. Spark Plug
17. Gear Mount
18. Ignition Coil
19. Steering Rack Assy
20. ignition key barrel

They have quoted me Rs. 85,000 + Labour for the above repairs

If I was to understand it rightly, I can correlate the issues my dad was facing with the Brake Pad, Brake Disc, and Ignition Coil. However, I'm not too sure about the suspension, shockups and steering related issues they have found. Request some advise and help here ! Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 23:43   #7792
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Needed some advise here. My Dad's Vento (AT) is around 50k kms done. There were a couple of issues we were facing for which we took it to the service center off late:

1. Strange sound on braking

2. While accelerating, there seemed to be a pickup issue- At certain speeds, he would feel as though the car is not picking up even if he is pressing the accelerator

If I was to understand it rightly, I can correlate the issues my dad was facing with the Brake Pad, Brake Disc, and Ignition Coil. However, I'm not too sure about the suspension, shockups and steering related issues they have found. Request some advise and help here ! Thanks
Take it to another ASC and get it evaluated only then go ahead and get the parts replaced. Now that you have an idea of the suspected parts that need a change, visit another ASC and see what story they talk.

As I can understand,

1. Sounds on braking means rotors, pads, discs are the parts that need attention. First get the brakes cleaned and re-check also look at the disc plate for uneven wear. Grease the caliper pins and recheck.

2. Low acceleration means, clogged air filter, dirty MAF, Poor fuel quality, dirty fuel filter, incorrect air pressures, issues with drive shaft.

The above are the probable reasons I can think off!
Old 18th June 2015, 10:17   #7793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Take it to another ASC and get it evaluated only then go ahead and get the parts replaced. Now that you have an idea of the suspected parts that need a change, visit another ASC and see what story they talk.

As I can understand,

1. Sounds on braking means rotors, pads, discs are the parts that need attention. First get the brakes cleaned and re-check also look at the disc plate for uneven wear. Grease the caliper pins and recheck.

2. Low acceleration means, clogged air filter, dirty MAF, Poor fuel quality, dirty fuel filter, incorrect air pressures, issues with drive shaft.

The above are the probable reasons I can think off!
Thanks anurag. The ASC is telling me that it is unsafe to drive the car since the brakes are completely worn out. They took three days to come up with this estimate .

Also, could you tell me the significance of the ignition coil? Cause I thought low acceleration+ Jerks would be cause of the ignition coil and sparkplugs.

Should I just get the brakepad + disc changed and show the low acceleration issue to another ASC? Also, if you see the parts that they have advised to change, it seems like the entire suspension assembly needs to being changed?! I was kind of baffled when I heard this
Old 18th June 2015, 14:00   #7794
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Also, if you see the parts that they have advised to change, it seems like the entire suspension assembly needs to being changed?! I was kind of baffled when I heard this
do you know whether :
- the car was driven roughshod over potholes
- if there is a history of too low or too high tyre pressure
- if WA and WB were too bad from normal

Any of the above can damage the suspension components.
Old 18th June 2015, 14:26   #7795
BANNED

Quote:

Should I just get the brakepad + disc changed and show the low acceleration issue to another ASC? Also, if you see the parts that they have advised to change, it seems like the entire suspension assembly needs to being changed?! I was kind of baffled when I heard this
Is the car under warranty? If yes go with the car to another ASC and get it evaluated without telling them that you have taken the car already to one VW ASC. See what they diagnose and what posts would be needing a change according to them.

If the car isn't under warranty, go to any well - known FNG who is familiar with VW cars.
Old 19th June 2015, 12:16   #7796
Team-BHP Support

Can the new Polo/Vento owners with dual barrel headlamps please check if you have received the spare bulb kit with the 2 fuses? Looks like VW quietly dropped them?
Old 19th June 2015, 12:31   #7797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
The injector issues were primarily in the pre-2013 cars. According to the guys at the workshop, no issues in the 2014 cars or the 1.5TDI, though, of course, it is early days, but would be surprising if they still haven't managed to fix it. Anyways, you should get 2+2 extended warranty, and that should have you covered.

Also, seems to be a popular misconception that Vento maintenance is high - I think it's actually pretty reasonable. Service costs about Rs. 9-10k, which is once a year, or 15,000km. About normal usage parts, let me give you an indication basis personal experience:
- a front brake pad change cost me ~Rs. 1900, all inclusive.
- a fellow member got his suspension (front struts) changed for Rs. 3600 for a set of 2. Labor was extra, I'm guessing.
- the front windshield costs Rs. 4,400.

In short, go ahead & buy it; it's an awesome drive.

However, the facelift looks very tempting: the exterior changes make it look much classier, plus, the Highline interior colors are finally a nicer shade, and my workshop Service Manager was telling me the Trendline / Comfortline now comes with black interiors. So I would wait to see the new car before I decide whether I want to take the discount & get the old one, or not.

Either ways, great buy, so all the best.
About the front windshield at 4,400, it doesn't include labour. I have to get the front windscreen replaced as a stone has hit my screen. I have V-Kool windscreen film & to replace that too, my total expenditure will be atleast above 15k.
Old 19th June 2015, 13:27   #7798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Can the new Polo/Vento owners with dual barrel headlamps please check if you have received the spare bulb kit with the 2 fuses? Looks like VW quietly dropped them?
Just called up my SA at VW Navsari, looks like they have dropped them from new polo and new vento as well. Such cost cutting measures from a luxury brand is not a pleasing sight.
Old 19th June 2015, 14:36   #7799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Just called up my SA at VW Navsari, looks like they have dropped them from new polo and new vento as well. Such cost cutting measures from a luxury brand is not a pleasing sight.
I did not get those along with my new Vento TSI in Feb. Unfortunately I realised it only a few weeks later. Haven't bothered asking VW palace cross, as I had a spare set of bulbs to use.
Old 19th June 2015, 16:53   #7800
BHPian

I was able to activate speed sensitive wiping using VCDS on my Vento. it is not exactly speed sensitive but the way it works is when you come to a stop the wiper speed automatically goes to the immediate lower setting. Useful!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks