Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 14:37   #7831
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

@dsr_rpm: I too observe the similar behaviour of intermittent sound (minor) from suspension(?) and steering from my Apr'2011 (55K on odo) TDI.
Planning to show it in the service centre.

During the 4th regular service in Apr this year, SA suggested to change link rods, but also said it can wait till next service. So I agreed with him and thought of waiting till next service.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:08   #7832
BHPian

In fact my steering column was replaced just before my 75K service under warranty. Steering had become tight and a metal breaking noise was observed at extreme rotation before the change was initiated.
Old 9th July 2015, 14:06   #7833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
In fact my steering column was replaced just before my 75K service under warranty. Steering had become tight and a metal breaking noise was observed at extreme rotation before the change was initiated.
I had the similar issue and got the steering column changed in my 2nd service. I had this issue starting from Day 1 of purchasing the car. Luckily the cost was covered under warranty.
Old 9th July 2015, 17:35   #7834
BHPian

Thanks for suggestion guys. Got my vento serviced by ve pondicherry. Total amount was 10311 inr excluding aligning balancing and water wash. Oil charge was almost 4800 rs. Labour was 2500 rs approx. I enquired about helping me find my cars BCM part no. The SA declined it saying it's not a practice to give part no of anything and convinced me the car will have highlife BCM only. I then enquired about possibility of retrofitting cruise control to which he replied it's not possible as the BCM ,relay and fuse used will be different from the latest face lift which is factory fitted with CCS. The reason I didn't argue is the SA ,at first stressing next day delivery due to rush handed me the car by evening 5 pm on the same day itself as there was only basic service necessary as I opted out of balancing and wash.
Old 9th July 2015, 19:54   #7835
BHPian

Vento Spare Parts and Servicing

Hi Everyone, I have a couple of questions and inputs will be appreciated. After the Competition Commission's ruling last year, which required car makers to supply parts more widely and not limit it to authorized dealers, has there been any real change on ground? Would someone know good independent garages who would have Volkswagen Vento spare parts in Mumbai?

Secondaly, like many, i had a few horrible experiences with Shaman motors in Mumbai. My 4 years old Vento is due for servicing and was wondering if anyone could suggest any other quality workshop for car servicing in Bandra/Khar/SCruz area?

Thanks,
RK
Old 14th July 2015, 11:17   #7836
Senior - BHPian

2 days back i noticed that the ABS switch started glowing in my Vento TDI. The light is still on and the car is in service centre. The brakes were working fine however ABS was not working. Also intermittently the light would go off and car would start behaving abnormally. The car would jerk frequently, speedometer was working weird etc. The Service advisor is yet to confirm me on what the issue is. Anyone here faced with similar issue? what would the possible cause be?
Old 21st July 2015, 08:58   #7837
BHPian

Yesterday evening i received my vehicle after 3rd service and i was checking the engine oil level in the morning. The oil level in the dip stick is showing at B level as shown in the manual. I asked my SA and he said they got the instruction to fill only 4.3 liters of engine and not more than that hence it will show only that much. If that is that case then the dip stick should show level A right. Can someone confirm this?

My question is that if that is the case the purpose of dipstick is not served also this should be common across all the dealership in India. Can any of you let me know if this is true?
Old 21st July 2015, 09:16   #7838
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
I asked my SA and he said they got the instruction to fill only 4.3 liters of engine and not more than that hence it will show only that much. If that is that case then the dip stick should show level A right. Can someone confirm this?
What is the total capacity of engine oil in the engine? If it is 4.3 litres then shouldn't it show Level A?

I hope they filled oil in the first place!
Old 21st July 2015, 15:53   #7839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is the total capacity of engine oil in the engine? If it is 4.3 litres then shouldn't it show Level A?

I hope they filled oil in the first place!
As per my understanding the right quantity to fill is 4.3 litres. But the dip stick did not show Level A. In fact when i checked in the morning it was below Level B.

I went to Sundaram motors and asked them the reason and the SA was trying to give vague reasons. He said as per their current standard they will fill exactly 4.3 litres and the dipstick will not show Level A or even B.

I did not agree to his explanation and i told him that i will take this up to Volkswagen directly and immediately he went inside and topped up more than 300ml of engine oil. Now the dipstick level was at A.

Funny part was the SA tried to prove his point by checking an existing Vento which finished the service and waiting for delivery but shockingly the dipsick did not have any signs of oil. There is something fishy going.

I request the fellow BHPn's who service their vehicle at Sundaram motors at chennai to check for engine oil before taking delivery of your vehicle.
Old 26th July 2015, 17:51   #7840
BHPian

I have a 3 months old vento TSI(DSG) and from very beginning I am facing a problem of sudden braking by the car on its own when it is in 2-3 Gear and speed of 10-20kmph.Anybody else facing this issue? I am thinking of taking it up with the VW service center.
Old 26th July 2015, 21:08   #7841
BHPian

During my 45000Kms service i got a report saying that the Battery is weak and needs replacement. The replacement cost comes around Rs. 7500/-. Can someone tell if i can get the battery replaced outside Volkswagen? Will there be any issues if i get the battery replaced by any other vendors apart from Volkswagen?

Also let me know which brand i could go for and its battery cost.
Old 26th July 2015, 21:23   #7842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
During my 45000Kms service i got a report saying that the Battery is weak and needs replacement. The replacement cost comes around Rs. 7500/-. Can someone tell if i can get the battery replaced outside Volkswagen? Will there be any issues if i get the battery replaced by any other vendors apart from Volkswagen?

Also let me know which brand i could go for and its battery cost.

My 2 cents !!
Get the battery checked outside to make sure the battery really is dead because VW and its infamous service experience. When I changed battery for my optra magnum,it was about 4200 inr with 2 year warranty.

If you want battery to be maintanence free and with 4 years warranty , it was quoted for about 8 -9k.

If you choose to pick imported bosch or varta battery ,it comes to around 15000 inr range!!!
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 21:58   #7843
BHPian

My 2013 Vento TDI refused to start a few days back. Called the helpline, which guided me through some trouble shooting. She kept cranking with no signs of starting. Must say, road side assistance was super efficient and seamless. However, my car started as soon as the tow truck got to my car. Since I was scheduled for an interstate drive 2 days later with family, decided to get it checked anyway. Apple auto couldn't detect any error. I drove confidently to Kerala. I reached Kerala and a few hours later tried to start and faced the same issue. Except that this time it refused to start even the next day. Towed the vehicle to the nearest service centre. It was a low pressure pump failure. Was replaced under warranty. The actual cost was INR 12,000. Phew!!
XLR8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 22:57   #7844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
It was a low pressure pump failure. Was replaced under warranty. The actual cost was INR 12,000. Phew!!
This is a new one I am hearing of. According to the service center what is the cause of this failure? German cars are certainly a ticking time bomb.
Old 27th July 2015, 08:01   #7845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
I reached Kerala and a few hours later tried to start and faced the same issue. Except that this time it refused to start even the next day. Towed the vehicle to the nearest service centre. It was a low pressure pump failure. Was replaced under warranty. The actual cost was INR 12,000. Phew!!
Faced a similar issue in my Rapid about a month back. It was diagnosed to be a fuel pump failure and replaced under warranty. Even the Road side assistance was provided free of cost. I must say VW and Skoda are improving a lot when it comes to after sales services.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks