Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 20:22   #8221
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Any idea how much new clutch hose pipe is going to cost? I am searching google to understand what clutch hose pipe is
It should cost around 4000 - 4500 but they normally replace it under warranty or goodwill as service centers have changed hose pipe of people who didn't even had clutch issue. If you search this thread you will find many members have got their car's hose pipe replaced at no cost.

Additionaly you can find more information in el_lobo thread for part number and other details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-done-7.html
Old 13th February 2016, 21:07   #8222
BHPian

My car is not under warranty any more and let me see if any good will come into picture which i doubt. Its sad that VW has not replaced faulty parts which they should have pro actively.

BTW i was going through this thread and seems like clutch hose pipe can solves vibrations & noise related issue and may not be related to hardness of clutch. Anyway i will get it check with service advisor.

If it solve my problem i would happily pay 4-5K for it.
Old 14th February 2016, 01:38   #8223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car is not under warranty any more and let me see if any good will come into picture which i doubt. Its sad that VW has not replaced faulty parts which they should have pro actively.

BTW i was going through this thread and seems like clutch hose pipe can solves vibrations & noise related issue and may not be related to hardness of clutch. Anyway i will get it check with service advisor.

If it solve my problem i would happily pay 4-5K for it.
Connect with @mikon - an ex-owner of the tdi, he had undergone through a similar problem and got it resolved (not under warranty). You could get feedback and an estimate of costs
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 12:27   #8224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
But isnt the LED headlamps scheduled for Q2 timeframe? The other additions are available I think but not the lights. That's what my understanding is. Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards
DV
I took a TD of Vento in Pune yesterday. The latest updates have arrived but LED headlamps are absent & showroom people don't have any idea. They said it might come in September or October. They also told me that it might be costly by around 80k just because of LEDs.

I don't want to buy now & then regret after couple of months. Please can someone get insider info on when exactly the Vento with LED headlights coming?
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 15:53   #8225
BHPian

Found one more issue on my Vento today

When it went for service in December my SA has pointed out that coolant was almost empty (Not min but bottle was completely empty). Although i have not driven car for any long drive and it was used mainly for 3-4 KM during winter morning and than late night for going and coming back from Metro station but sadly i have no idea since when coolant is empty as i have not checked my engine bay for few months.
However i have never noticed any power drop or smoke during these times.
My SA at that time mentioned that he checked the car and did not find any leakage. so he topped coolant up.

After December is already 2 months since service and car has only driven 1000 KM. When i opened bonnet again i saw coolant bottle again almost empty. I have not noticed any spot below car from over night.

Attaching PIC. Going to go to ASS tomorrow

BTW one more point: I have never seen over heating sign in my MID till this point

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160214_151119787_hdr.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160214_151125996_hdr.jpg

Last edited by karansm4u : 14th February 2016 at 16:02.
karansm4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 16:59   #8226
BHPian

Quote:
Found one more issue on my Vento today

When it went for service in December my SA has pointed out that coolant was almost empty (Not min but bottle was completely empty). Although i have not driven car for any long drive and it was used mainly for 3-4 KM during winter morning and than late night for going and coming back from Metro station but sadly i have no idea since when coolant is empty as i have not checked my engine bay for few months.
However i have never noticed any power drop or smoke during these times.
My SA at that time mentioned that he checked the car and did not find any leakage. so he topped coolant up.

After December is already 2 months since service and car has only driven 1000 KM. When i opened bonnet again i saw coolant bottle again almost empty. I have not noticed any spot below car from over night.

Attaching PIC. Going to go to ASS tomorrow

BTW one more point: I have never seen over heating sign in my MID till this point
Hey hi,
I had this problem with my Vento, there is a valve below the manifold behind the engine, that valve has rupture. In my case I did change the valve at local garage and cost was around 2000.

Uday

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th February 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Fixing quotes.
udaydesai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 17:32   #8227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post

Hey hi,
I had this problem with my Vento, there is a valve below the manifold behind the engine, that valve has rupture. In my case I did change the valve at local garage and cost was around 2000.

Uday
Thanks for the reply udai
How did you pin pointed that valve has rupture? I am planning to go to SA first and have him take a look at it and top up the coolant. I won't have him do any work but first let him come to diagnose root cause of the issue.

Do you have any idea that valve changed might have costed you if done in A.S.S.

I think I need to find good FNG in NCR (Faridabad is more preferred) Any suggestions fellow bhpians from NCR?
Old 14th February 2016, 19:24   #8228
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply udai
How did you pin pointed that valve has rupture? I am planning to go to SA first and have him take a look at it and top up the coolant. I won't have him do any work but first let him come to diagnose root cause of the issue.

Do you have any idea that valve changed might have costed you if done in A.S.S.

I think I need to find good FNG in NCR (Faridabad is more preferred) Any suggestions fellow bhpians from NCR?
HI,
ask VW to put it on ramp, go under it just below the engine end you will find small droplets of coolent, like i said, you need to remove the manifold which is at the back of the engine to access this valve, and this is the common fault in Vento, apart from this there might be hose leackage, this is due to the hot coolent falling on this hose. I had to change the valve and the hose pipe , now i do not have this problem.
If you do change this valve at service center it will be costly. I was having this problem for 6 months. I have personally helped some of my friends who were having same problem.
You will not know this problem just by look at the engine compartment from above, you have to see it from below.
thnks
Uday
udaydesai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 16:50   #8229
BHPian

I have talked to VW service centre today. For figuring out the leakage they wanted to charge 1500/- in case I take back my car and go outside to get it fixed. In case I ask them to fix they have not given any estimation as they first need to know all valve/hose pipe which needs to be changed + labour but he did mention that it will be costly.

I am letting car stay at home and not driving it for now.
Old 16th February 2016, 17:20   #8230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have talked to VW service centre today. For figuring out the leakage they wanted to charge 1500/- in case I take back my car and go outside to get it fixed.
That is absurd!

Why don't you do a simple test to check for leakages in the coolant system - pour a bottle (or two) of drinking water in the reservoir and check for leakages below the engine bay. If there are none, start the engine and check. If you notice droplets falling, you can be sure there's a leakage somewhere in the system (maybe the rubber hose which can get brittle over time and break at bends).
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 17:38   #8231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
Not sure about this but I thing they will be available shortly. I will call my dealer tomorrow to confirm and update here.
I called two dealers and both are clueless by the LED headlamps. They have got a batch of updated cars with touch screen infotainment system, auto dimming mirrors etc. One of them said may be in the next refresh that may come after 6 months but not sure.

Quote:
I have talked to VW service centre today. For figuring out the leakage they wanted to charge 1500/- in case I take back my car and go outside to get it fixed.
That is really bad on their part and if your car is under warranty they cant ask you for a dime, if possible try another dealer. If not ask a good mechanic to find the leak and just tell VW service center to fix the issue, this way at least you can save 1500. Also write about this incident on their facebook page, VW is very active their so that might be able to help.

Keep us updated.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:05   #8232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That is absurd!

Why don't you do a simple test to check for leakages in the coolant system - pour a bottle (or two) of drinking water in the reservoir and check for leakages below the engine bay. If there are none, start the engine and check. If you notice droplets falling, you can be sure there's a leakage somewhere in the system (maybe the rubber hose which can get brittle over time and break at bends).
I have filled bottle with water and car is standing still for 2 days and not cranked but there is no leakage below. It seems that leakage only happen when car is running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
That is really bad on their part and if your car is under warranty they cant ask you for a dime, if possible try another dealer. If not ask a good mechanic to find the leak and just tell VW service center to fix the issue, this way at least you can save 1500. Also write about this incident on their facebook page, VW is very active their so that might be able to help.

Keep us updated.
If i get it fixed by them than they will not charge 1500/-. This is the charge they are asking if i ask them to find the leakage and get it fixed outside in case their quote is high.

Btw I just came back from office and took a close look at engine. Attaching pic as i do not know which part it is but its a big pipe on engine left side (little below and on same side where we fill the oil). Is it related to coolant leakage or is it another leakage i should be worry about?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160216_173311603.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160216_173326068.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20160216_173332893.jpg
Old 17th February 2016, 15:03   #8233
BHPian

I too suffered a complete coolant leakage a few weeks ago. Lost all the coolant and the tank was empty. Luckily I saw the fluid on the floor before I started the car thanks to the alert security guy at my apartment building.

Had to get the car towed to EVM Trivandrum.
They had to change the coolant/water pump and hoses.
The car was under extended warranty so they did the whole thing free of cost. Did not charge even labour.
Old 17th February 2016, 22:10   #8234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Is it related to coolant leakage or is it another leakage i should be worry about?
That looks like oil stains to me and not a coolant leak. Besides; the diameter of the pipe suggests inter cooler, turbo charger plumbing. If that really is oil, I'm afraid that is not a good sign at all. Get it attended asap. If there is bearing failure on the turbo, it must be leaking oil. If your turbo is leaking oil, it is important to keep a close tab on engine oil consumption. Lift the dip stick and check. Most of the new generation turbo charged cars have a coolant line running to the turbo charger as well. Get this checked.

Keep a check on tail pipe emissions. If there is any sign of white/blue smoke, that is a sure shot leak of coolant in to the combustion chamber. Excess black smoke is a problem too.

If there is bearing failure on the turbo charger, there will be a noticeable loss in power.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 17th February 2016 at 22:13.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 23:44   #8235
BHPian

I left my car for inspection at VW service today morning and visited it later in evening when SA had completed the inspection.
He showed me leakage in water pump. He also showed me timing belt which was according to him is not damaged and no need to change because leakage was very small and hot liquid dropping has not damaged it.

So overall estimation by him is around 10K-11K for ( 7K water pump + 2K labour + 1.5K filling coolant again). He said he will try to put a case of good will and get few % off since car has been serviced with their station for last 4 year. (No commitment from his side as he needs permission from senior so there may be some or no good will at all). He mentioned that if it was few months outside warranty he would have got it changed free of cost but its now more than year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That looks like oil stains to me...................
If there is bearing failure on the turbo charger, there will be a noticeable loss in power.
Thanks for the input. Looks like one more issue to worry about.

I want to keep this car for much longer next 3-4 year because that make sense financially however these cases and such heavy maintenance takes away peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks