Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:38   #8251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
No replacement of the door. Just painting work (and maybe slight denting work too). Major denting/painting work on another panel (where the fuel inlet is).

They took 2 weeks to do the work though! I think it was too high for this kind of work. I had an Alto once and while reversing I bumped into a pole and got nasty dent on the hatch door and a hole too in that. Maruti returned me the car next day, as good as new! That was in Noida and I dont know if they are equally prompt with the work everywhere.
Many major dealers have a full fledged denting and paint shop. I saw a sophisticated bend straightening and alignment jig at Maruti Okhla Workshop. The paint shop was totally air conditioned and the straightening/Alignment jig was meant for chassis repairs.
Old 23rd February 2016, 00:51   #8252
BHPian

Hello friends, I was planning on booking the All New Vento, 1.2L TSI with DSG. I inquired from the dealer BU Bhandari here in Pune about the discounts, he said there are no discounts on TSI Model whatsoever. The car along with extended warranty, insurance and road side assistance comes to just about 13 lacs. Can someone tell me about discounts or offers that I can get on purchasing this car? Will inquiring from dealers in Mumbai help. I can drive down the car from Mumbai and get it registered in Pune if I can save around 20~30K, else it doesn't make any sense. Looking for some urgent advice, have to book the car soon.
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:03   #8253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hello friends, I was planning on booking the All New Vento, 1.2L TSI with DSG. I inquired from the dealer BU Bhandari here in Pune about the discounts, he said there are no discounts on TSI Model whatsoever. The car along with extended warranty, insurance and road side assistance comes to just about 13 lacs. Can someone tell me about discounts or offers that I can get on purchasing this car? Will inquiring from dealers in Mumbai help. I can drive down the car from Mumbai and get it registered in Pune if I can save around 20~30K, else it doesn't make any sense. Looking for some urgent advice, have to book the car soon.
I am in the same boat. BU Bhandari is not ready to give any discount. However, The sales guy offered me to buy insurance from outside to save money.
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:41   #8254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends, I was planning on booking the All New Vento, 1.2L TSI with DSG. I inquired from the dealer BU Bhandari here in Pune about the discounts, he said there are no discounts on TSI Model whatsoever. The car along with extended warranty, insurance and road side assistance comes to just about 13 lacs. Can someone tell me about discounts or offers that I can get on purchasing this car? .
In general it is tough to get any discounts on the TSI's (Apart from cases like Dec model in January). Whenever they run any offer, the TSI's are always excluded. Main reason is that the production and supply of the TSI's are limited and every dealer can typically can easily sell what they get. You can easily save 10-15K by buying insurance from outside.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:44   #8255
BHPian

I saw an offer for south Indian states that they would give 1 lac more for exchange vehicles when you purchase 2015 high-line model . Not sure its for TDi or TSI , let me try getting the ad link.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

Bad luck , conditions say that Vento high-line petrol and diesel automatics are excluded. Not sure about comfortline and also not sure this applies to model with latest updates like rain-sensing wipers , auto irvm and new ICE
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:56   #8256

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
I am in the same boat. BU Bhandari is not ready to give any discount. However, The sales guy offered me to buy insurance from outside to save money.
I booked from the same dealer, the same model (2016 Highline). No discounts whatsoever. 2015 variants were on discount a while ago, but that's only in White. I'd say if you like the car, go for it. There are hardly any discounts on the 2016 TSI elsewhere either.
brainstormer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:58   #8257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstormer View Post
I booked from the same dealer, the same model (2016 Highline). No discounts whatsoever. 2015 variants were on discount a while ago, but that's only in White. I'd say if you like the car, go for it. There are hardly any discounts on the 2016 TSI elsewhere either.
I think I'll go with same dealer then. How much was the entire package for you? Did u purchase insurance from outside? One more Question here, any suggestions on color? Is the candy white color in Vento Metallic? what are the pros and cons of candy white over toffee brown? Would appreciate a quick response.
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:29   #8258

Quote:
I think I'll go with same dealer then. How much was the entire package for you? Did u purchase insurance from outside? One more Question here, any suggestions on color? Is the candy white color in Vento Metallic? what are the pros and cons of candy white over toffee brown? Would appreciate a quick response.
From what I gathered on this forum and a few friends, BUB is better than Vidyut, hence went ahead with them. I got it at 1277677 including zero dep, as I had bit of a contact there who helped.

The candy white is non metallic IIRC. I went with Titanium beige, the toffee brown looks great but I don't want to constantly worry about scratches, so settled for a lighter hue. If you buy the toffee brown I'd happily come to ogle at it.

Mine has gone for registration yesterday. Not going for any specific number, so hopefully will get it this week.
brainstormer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 08:42   #8259
BHPian

Quote:
From what I gathered on this forum and a few friends, BUB is better than Vidyut, hence went ahead with them. I got it at 1277677 including zero dep, as I had bit of a contact there who helped.

The candy white is non metallic IIRC. I went with Titanium beige, the toffee brown looks great but I don't want to constantly worry about scratches, so settled for a lighter hue. If you buy the toffee brown I'd happily come to ogle at it.

Mine has gone for registration yesterday. Not going for any specific number, so hopefully will get it this week.
Thanks Brain, I'll go with toffee brown and get a 3M paint protection done. What stock tyres did u get? I plan to get my stock tyres upgraded to Michelin if they're not already Michelin. Are there any better tyres recommendations?

Additionally can someone tell me if Vento comes with UV protection on windows and WindScreen?

I can spare 10~15k on 3M treatments, what all treatments are recommended?
Old 24th February 2016, 10:14   #8260
BHPian

I was luckier. Took delivery of a 2016 model Toffee Brown Vento TSI DSG from Phoenix motors, Calicut. Got around around 40 K discount, including loyalty bonus. The latest batch comes with auto dimming mirrors and rain sensing vipers and I think there has been a hike in price too with these features. So, presently, these discounts may not be available. The TSI is in great demand, more than the availability. So, it depends on how lucky you are in getting the best possible discounts.
It is always better to get insurance from outside. Their quote was 39,000, but with my full no claim discount of 65%, all I had to pay was Rs.8500 for a bumper to bumper insurance from United India. Remember , the engine capacity is below 1200 cc.( 1197 cc)

For the last four years, I have been using a Vento diesel, but this TSI/ DSG combination is fantastic, an addictive experience. By all means, go for it.
premc44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 10:28   #8261
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Brainstormer,
Could you share the breakup of 12,77,677 please?
As the cost is going to about 12,23,xxx so I was just wondering what additions did you do.
Also, did you go for Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 or Caska touch screen infotainment system with reverse camera & GPS? if yes, whats the cost please?
Old 25th February 2016, 01:05   #8262
BHPian

hi

I had all the injectors changed on my car (Skoda Rapid) in November 2015. Since the change, the car misses a bit at the first start in the morning and is absolutely normal after a short while. Also, at times it takes a long self during the first start but that is not regular. The missing tendency is however a regular affair.

anyone else who has faced this issue or any pointers?

Regards
Old 25th February 2016, 01:10   #8263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I had all the injectors changed on my car (Skoda Rapid) in November 2015. Since the change, the car misses a bit at the first start in the morning and is absolutely normal after a short while.
After replacing the injectors have the technicians done the Minimum Quantity Adaptation test done in your car through VCDS?

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th February 2016 at 01:13.
Old 25th February 2016, 01:22   #8264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
After replacing the injectors have the technicians done the Minimum Quantity Adaptation test done in your car through VCDS?
That was specifically prohibited on the new injectors in their manual. However, they had asked me to change gears at higher revs for 60-70 kms after the injector change. Right after the change, the car would miss for a second upon being started and then run normally. That issue vanished after having driven the car and holding on to the gears till higher rpms.

But this issue of morning start remains.
Old 25th February 2016, 06:06   #8265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
But this issue of morning start remains.
I faced a similar issue when 2 of my injectors were replaced under warranty, the car used to take very long to start during morning starts but used to start fine the whole day. Googled about this issue and came to know about some air entering the hpfp line or some thing like that, advice was to take the car out on a highway drive and hit higher revvs and drive spiritedly for 60-70 kms to get any air out of the system.

I did two 70-80 km drives and revved the car like crazy (3-3.5k rpm) in lower gears, this solved the morning start issue for me. You can try this and if this does not solve it, get a MFMA done again and complaint to VW. Are you running on original battery? Get the batter's health checked too.

Most Viewed