Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2016, 15:38   #8341
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late update( with respect to post 8311), I was badly caught up.
We claimed the additional add on insurance( Elite- Bajaj Allianz).
The bill came up to Rs 2705.
It took three days- day 1( April 11) was for dropping the car, day 2 was for inspection and day 3 was for replacement and delivery.
Old 18th April 2016, 19:03   #8342
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hello BHPians, Need your advise on a new problem I am facing with my 3 year old Vento TDI. I recently completed the 45,000 KM service and the car is 3 years 3 months old. I did a 750 KM round trip single day run a week ago. This was between Bangalore and Tirrupur, so the roads are pretty decent all the way through. However, on the way back, I noticed that the front suspension sort of creeks (or groans, if I can describe it that way) when I go over a hump.

Here is the thing, If I go over undulations at normal driving speed or if I go over humps in a cautious slow manner, it behaves fine, but if I sort of go over the hump after braking close to it (which results in a sudden pressure on the front suspensions), i hear it. Now its pretty audible when I go over the small humps in my apartment complex road. Earlier all I will hear is a hiss (typical of the gas filled suspensions), now, i hear that plus this creaking / groaning sound. The rear thunk is an omni-present issue in my Vento since the day i brought it.

I believe my suspensions are shot or at least on its way to the grave. Also the ride is not as flat as it was with my first Vento (which was from the initial batch of cars). Can some expert advise me on this and what can be done.

[EDIT - One of the things the SA changed in the recent service, a month ago, was the rear suspension bush. It did look pretty worn out and it cost me 1000 Rs to change the rear pair. It has made a little difference to the way the car handles, but now this new problem with the front suspensions]

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th April 2016 at 19:25.
Old 18th April 2016, 21:15   #8343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Hello BHPians, Need your advise on a new problem I am facing with my 3 year old Vento TDI. I recently completed the 45,000 KM service and the car is 3 years 3 months old. I did a 750 KM round trip single day run a week ago. This was between Bangalore and Tirrupur, so the roads are pretty decent all the way through. However, on the way back, I noticed that the front suspension sort of creeks (or groans, if I can describe it that way) when I go over a hump.

[EDIT - One of the things the SA changed in the recent service, a month ago, was the rear suspension bush. It did look pretty worn out and it cost me 1000 Rs to change the rear pair. It has made a little difference to the way the car handles, but now this new problem with the front suspensions]
I too got my rear suspension bush changed in my 45k service. After this I see my front suspension is misbehaving. However I had my brake pads changed as well. But no noise or anything of that sort.

Another thing is that my battery had gone kaput. Any pointers towards any good batteries? Are Amaron batteries any good!? Vehicle is under extended warranty. Can I change the battery in a battery shop or have to go to the VW A.S.S?

Last edited by Crank : 18th April 2016 at 21:16.
Old 18th April 2016, 21:34   #8344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Here is the thing, If I go over undulations at normal driving speed or if I go over humps in a cautious slow manner, it behaves fine, but if I sort of go over the hump after braking close to it (which results in a sudden pressure on the front suspensions), i hear it. Now its pretty audible when I go over the small humps in my apartment complex road. Earlier all I will hear is a hiss (typical of the gas filled suspensions), now, i hear that plus this creaking / groaning sound. The rear thunk is an omni-present issue in my Vento since the day i brought it.

I believe my suspensions are shot or at least on its way to the grave. Also the ride is not as flat as it was with my first Vento (which was from the initial batch of cars). Can some expert advise me on this and what can be done.

I am not an expert in any way but after going through the forum, this is what I can tell you.

Just don't procrastinate it and take the car to the service centre ASAP. If it's something small, like a bush, you could save the other parts ( like the struts) from further damage, if attended to immediately.

Coming to the finer points. If you want a flat ride without the thud, you can get yourself the TRW struts. Refer Coolboy007's thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-vw-vento.html
Do refer to the pros and cons of the various setups he's tried.

There's always the Bilsteins B6 which will transform the handling of the car. The ride could become bone jarring though. This is an option if budget permits.

If you want the stock suspension of the initial batches of the Vento, you can refer to last few posts on the above given link. halfbytecode was able to source it successfully from the service centre itself.
Hope it helps.
Old 19th April 2016, 20:38   #8345
BHPian

Car battery started working again. Battery wala checked and said he is able to see 14A and that is good enough. Did you guys ever had this experience, where car fails to start, you are pushed to jump start and again the car starts without any issue?
Old 19th April 2016, 21:11   #8346
BHPian

I have had this problem with my accord. I was suspecting the battery, while the problem was with contacts in the starter solenoid. The contacts are worn out, but in some positions it makes contact and allows the bendix to engage and start the car. If you are sure of the battery get the starter solenoid checked.
Does the engine crank when you turn the key or is there just a click noise?
Old 24th April 2016, 16:31   #8347
BHPian

Off late my 2012 58k run vento highline TDI clutch has become very hard. I know that generally vag cars have hard clutch, but I think I may have to change it soon. Is there any after market better / easier clutch assembly that I can choose?
Old 24th April 2016, 17:44   #8348
Senior - BHPian

Vento experts---I need your inputs please. My cousin's 2012 Vento TDI 1.6 is showing up some spiral symbol on the dash during highway drives at triple digit speeds. But if the engine is switched off and on, it does not spring up again for a while.

During his long drive to Calcultta recently from Vizag, the symbol sprang up many times, forcing him to repeat the off and on cycle. He says even the speed drops when the symbol comes up.

He showed it to the VW showroom in Vizag and he was told that it could be a sensor or wiring problem. But he is not facing the issue during city drives. Highway drives are rare for him. The car is under EW till October 2016.

Any suggestions please? As the car is under EW, are sensors and wiring covered?
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th April 2016, 18:28   #8349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Vento experts---I need your inputs please. My cousin's 2012 Vento TDI 1.6 is showing up some spiral symbol on the dash during highway drives at triple digit speeds. But if the engine is switched off and on, it does not spring up again for a while.
Is it number 12 in the image below that your friend found illuminated?

Name:  ForumRunner_20160424_182725.png
Views: 3297
Size:  252.5 KB

If yes, it is Glow plug malfunction - If the light is solid, the diesel engine pre-glow system is on. The light will flash if there is a diesel engine malfunction.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th April 2016 at 18:51.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 19:04   #8350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it number 12 in the image below that your friend found illuminated?

Attachment 1500234

If yes, it is Glow plug malfunction - If the light is solid, the diesel engine pre-glow system is on. The light will flash if there is a diesel engine malfunction.
Yup, that's the one. Any suggestions? It glows yellow, not red.
Old 24th April 2016, 19:48   #8351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey vnabhi, its almost a given that all VW 1.6 TDI engines have to go through this fix at least one!!

Well. I have gone through this on my GT 1.6 TDI and so have few others who have owned this engine. I have posted my experience of this problem and you can refer the link below:

Link

P.S - It is a real blessing that your friend has EW, else I have been told that this unit cost upwards of 45k !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 19:48   #8352
BANNED

Quote:

Yellow it is.

Take the car to VW ASC and ask them to check the four glow plugs each and their functioning. Also get the scan done using VAG COM.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:38   #8353
BHPian

I had faced this once. VW Service told me that it was due to a lot of dust accumulated in air flow sensor and they had cleaned it. Had not seen the issue after that. But I have never felt any power/pull/speed drop during the glow plug symbol.
Old 25th April 2016, 16:08   #8354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju1971 View Post
I have had this problem with my accord. I was suspecting the battery, while the problem was with contacts in the starter solenoid. The contacts are worn out, but in some positions it makes contact and allows the bendix to engage and start the car. If you are sure of the battery get the starter solenoid checked.
Does the engine crank when you turn the key or is there just a click noise?
Engine had a faint cranking noise. You can feel it struggling. Car running fine after that. Touch wood.
Old 4th May 2016, 07:36   #8355
BHPian

Hi guys. Needing your help and advice to clear a small doubt.
Since recently, the Vento 1.6 TDI I drive, had started acting weirdly. Whenever I brake, towards the end of the car stopping, the car jerks (to and fro motion) into a stop. This also happens ( vibration) if I brake from high speeds, say, 90-100 Kmph. What might be the problem? Does it has something to do with the brake pads? Because it has run 42000 kms and yet to be replaced. I am a bit worried and paranoid since the problem is concerning brakes. Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks