Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 12:01   #8401
BHPian

Yep. They themselves prescribed it and did it. Charges 1200 plus taxes for skimming. I am going to replace them at the recommended 60K service. The ASS attitude had been too good at VW Salem for two times in a row. Maybe the scandals effect? But VW Pondicherry are still the same - arrogant, egoistic and me-doing-favour type.
Old 8th June 2016, 13:14   #8402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Do they skim the discs at authorized VW service centers? I had asked for it couple of times at VW Mount Road and they straightaway refused it, saying they are officially not allowed to do it and insisted on replacing the discs.
Is VW Mount Road part of ABRA motors? I thought they would skim it!
We serviced our car last time at EVM motors in Kochi. They accepted our request and did it outside.
If they wouldn't budge, you can go to a trusted FNG to skim it since the brake discs has only a 10k km warranty. It's not rocket science. Plus you'll save a lot on labour.
But if your car has already crossed 60k kms with the same discs, get it changed.

Last edited by Turbohead : 8th June 2016 at 13:16.
Old 8th June 2016, 13:56   #8403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Is VW Mount Road part of ABRA motors? I thought they would skim it! .
VW mount road is run by Sundaram motors.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 16:51   #8404
BHPian

I'm checking out an used 2010 AT petrol, 40k done. Should I be wary of anything?
Old 19th June 2016, 13:54   #8405
BHPian

My Vento 1.6 TDI is almost 5 years old now. I have started having very unusual problems now with it. The 2nd fuel injector has failed now (the first one failed this January). However I have been taking fuel from the same pump for the last 5 years. Has anybody had this problem before with their TDIs? Appreciate if somebody can shed some light.
Old 19th June 2016, 18:18   #8406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
My Vento 1.6 TDI is almost 5 years old now. I have started having very unusual problems now with it. The 2nd fuel injector
How many kms has your Vento clocked? It is a well known fact that 2011-2012 Vento TDi's have injector issues and it is not due to poor quality of fuel, this is happening because VW have used faulty injectors (there is an advisory for that as well) but VW India are not willing to issue a recall and change the injectors on affected cars.

Mine is a 2012 model and 2 injectors were replaced last year at 38k kms, they did not fail but the injectors failed the vas test and were duly replaced with modified ones. Now my car is out of warranty and am really worried that i would have to pay for new injectors once the older 2 injectors fail.

When your injectors failed, did your car have a breakdown or they were replaced after the vag com scan?
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 19:48   #8407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
How many kms has your Vento clocked?
My Vento has clocked 46,749 kms and is about to complete 5 years in August. My car is under extended warranty so I am wondering if the injector should be covered under the warranty. If there is an advisory out for this could you please point me to the same? Is it at VW India's website or any email? The car did not have a breakdown but there has been a knocking sound and acceleration is not at par. Unfortunately I am currently out of India to personally diagnose the problem. I guess it is time to knock some sense into the heads of the honchos at VW India.
Old 19th June 2016, 20:20   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
My Vento has clocked 46,749 kms and is about to complete 5 years in August. My car is under extended warranty so I am wondering if the injector should be covered under the warranty.
Injectors are covered under extended warranty. I have replaced all 4 injectors just before extended warranty expires. You can take the vehicle to service center and ask the SA to do MFMA. The result will specify if injectors are to be replaced and you can decide.

Refer to the post from bosporus for details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3725169

Last edited by AutoInt : 19th June 2016 at 20:27. Reason: Adding additional info
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 21:52   #8409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Vento has clocked 46,749 kms and is about to complete 5 years in August. My car is under extended warranty so I am wondering if the injector should be covered under the warranty.
Vento injectors are prone to malfunction given the Indian diesel quality. It is not only restricted to older batch. VW replaces them for free, if under warranty.

But, do they offer any kind of warranty after completing 4 years? :
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:11   #8410
BHPian

I was quoted 12.7 lacs (Kerala) for the TSI high line model after a 50k discount. Is it a fair price?
ariendj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:21   #8411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
I was quoted 12.7 lacs (Kerala) for the TSI high line model after a 50k discount. Is it a fair price?
The 50K discount is what comes from VW. I could get another 26.5 from the dealer here in Chennai. They also were ok with me buying insurance myself which resulted in more savings.

So I would push for a higher discount.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:38   #8412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
The 50K discount is what comes from VW. I could get another 26.5 from the dealer here in Chennai. They also were ok with me buying insurance myself which resulted in more savings.

So I would push for a higher discount.
The 12.7L quote is including insurance and I am planning to take it myself.
The price without the Insurance and accessories( floor mats) comes to 12.3L
Hope that was a bargain?
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:41   #8413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
The 12.7L quote is including insurance and I am planning to take it myself.
The price without the Insurance and accessories( floor mats) comes to 12.3L
Hope that was a bargain?
I don't know the tax structures in Kerala. But purely from a cash discount perspective, the 50,000 discount is from VW itself, the dealer will give you a discount on top of this from his profit margin (at least Sundaram Motors Chennai did).

I got another 26,500 from the dealer, not including the 50,000 from VW. So If I were you I would try and get more.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:05   #8414
BHPian

Guys, I have had a peculiar problem with my Vento (highline diesel). It's been bugging me pretty much since I bought the car in 2011.

Every once in a while the AC does not start and the blowers give out a relatively warm air. I can switch off the AC and switch it back on and nothing happens. The only trick is that I have to switch off the car and crank it up again and the AC works - every single time.

I used to think this might be something to do with the electronics and have pointed this at every service but the service centre guys cannot find anything.

Any leads into what is happening here? (I am not a technical person). This happens on average say once a month or so and this is thus reasonably rare and thus not a major issue.

Thanks!
Old 30th June 2016, 20:41   #8415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Any leads into what is happening here? (I am not a technical person). This happens on average say once a month or so and this is thus reasonably rare and thus not a major issue.
Even I have faced the same issue in my Vento TDi Highline March 2011 mfg. Very rarely the Auto AC gives out warm air and only way to get it back to cooling is to restart the car.

Car is updated to latest ECU software ver. 9972 but it still happens once out of blue moon. If you come across a solution, do let us know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks