Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2016, 13:35   #8446
BHPian

Recently I had to leave my nearly 6 year old Vento at VW Hesaraghatta service station for body repair. While reversing I had crashed into the gate 2 weeks back. The gate had been blown into the path of my Vento by a sudden gust of wind. The damage was for the rear bumper and the rear left quarter panel. Insurance was claimed. I had opted for the pick up and drop facility since the garage is about 25 km away from my house. The car was in the garage for a frustrating period of 10 days. The repair job was not satisfactory as they had fitted the old mud flap which was also damaged. It is now not fitting snugly compared to the right side. To my dismay I am also getting an engine warning light while driving which was not happening before the car was taken away for repair. It had never happened to me before. I called up the service adviser and he readily agreed to get the car picked up tomorrow for rectifying the warning light problem. He denied anything was done to the engine and no software update was carried out.The engine area has been cleaned and I am a bit puzzled by this new problem. I have refused to give a feedback till the problem is rectified. Overall not happy that the car has to go back to the garage.
Old 24th July 2016, 15:03   #8447
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Expensive ASS

Just got my 5 year old Vento run 70,000kms serviced.

Total cost of servicing Rs51,000
Well Nitesh, you have been taken on a royal ride.

Did you specifically ask the SA Ganesh Yadav for suspension work?

OR

Did he by himself took the liberty of rectifying something which wasn't needed in the first place?

Going through the bill their are plenty of stuff which are either not required or wrong.

Page 1 of bill: Labour Details
Sr no.
9. 3M UV protection. Not needed

10. AC disinfection. Another sham

19. Charged separately for GFF Guided Fault Finding. During my 5th year service, it was included in labour charge only Rs 2401.

Page 1 of bill: Parts Details
Sr no.
1. Engine oil charged is 4.8 litre. 1.6 TDi actual capacity is of 4.3 litre only. You have been scammed off for 0.5 litre additional. These days engine oil is dispersed via drums and controlled by computer dispensing only 4.3 litre.

9. Carrier Rs. 2395. Was your car radiator carrier broken? Were you shown the broken carrier at the time of delivery?

Bill Page 2
Sr no.
16. Brake pads changed. Were the earlier ones at their end of life?

17. Brake rotors i.e. disc changed. Ideal replacement period is every 60000 Kms.

22,23: Were your headlight mounting broken?

25: Front shock ups changed. Did you ask for it and did they show why current ones have gone bad?

All authorised workshop are out their to skim you to make money. You need to be wise enough to question everything. For replacing any part other than what's required in service, you should question & see why current one is at fault and get second opinion of another mechanic in workshop.

FYI I got my 5th year servicing done for Vento 1.6 TDi for only Rs. 8054.
Old 24th July 2016, 15:55   #8448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
That's quite a substantial difference between what you paid and what was invoiced to Nitesh. Did you get your car serviced at an authorized service workshop? If yes, the name and location would help the other Vento owners of your city.
Old 24th July 2016, 16:04   #8449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
Did you get your car serviced at an authorized service workshop? If yes, the name and location would help the other Vento owners of your city.
Yes. VW Navi Mumbai Autobahn Turbhe

More information can be found below:

Link.
Old 24th July 2016, 16:06   #8450
BHPian

Quote:
Expensive ASS

Just got my 5 year old Vento run 70,000kms serviced.

Total cost of servicing Rs51,000
I agree with observations from el lobo 6061. Unless you have specifically requested for the items mentioned in the bill and you approved it, you have been taken for a ride.

I have done my 5th service for my Vento 1.6 TDI on 21st June2016. The final bill came to INR 12033. Apart from regular services, brake cleaning, wiper blade replacement and suspension stop / cap was replaced.

They have added AC Disinfection and Windshield Washer fluid in the original invoice (INR 13,217). I have not requested for these two items to be done and I said I will not pay for it. The SA knew it as I have specifically told him to get my approval else I will not pay for it. After few discussions, they agreed not to pay for these two items. They send me the revised invoice later via mail.

I think as a practice we need to go through each line item and verify if this was requested and owner provided approval.

These days A.S.S are trying to increase the service bill and try their level best to justify it.

Invoice & Receipt (Highlighted in red box was excluded in the payment) for your reference.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-5th-service-invoice-page1.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-5th-service-invoice-page-2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-5th-service-payment-receipt1.jpg
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 16:59   #8451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on man, you should also mention your running for the amount to be justified.

Ours is the least run Vento TDi-s on the forum I guess! Your car had done 5th year service at ~25k kms and mine 3rd year service at ~16k kms! I too got a similar bill of around 8k.

Either way, the original poster has been fleeced, no doubt.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 20:29   #8452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Come on man, you should also mention your running for the amount to be justified.

Ours is the least run Vento TDi-s on the forum I guess! Your car had done 5th year service at ~25k kms and mine 3rd year service at ~16k kms! I too got a similar bill of around 8k.

Those bills are quite low! My vento petrol 1.6 costed 10.5k for 2nd service this year. The diesel maintenance is surprisingly cheap then.
Old 24th July 2016, 20:59   #8453
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Even I think I might have been taken for a ride. While the SA asked my permission before conducting the job, he stated that all these parts are worn out and need urgent replacement.

Though Vento is a great car because of the engine, I believe parts used by VW are not apt for Indian conditions. All 4 of my ac vents are broken, steering Rack needs replacement, power window and boot switch are broken. No doubt people prefer Maruti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I agree with observations from el lobo 6061. Unless you have specifically requested for the items mentioned in the bill and you approved it, you have been taken for a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
That's quite a substantial difference between what you paid and what was invoiced to Nitesh. Did you get your car serviced at an authorized service workshop? If yes, the name and location would help the other Vento owners of your city.
Quote:
Well Nitesh, you have been taken on a royal ride.
Old 24th July 2016, 21:20   #8454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
My vento petrol 1.6 costed 10.5k for 2nd service this year. The diesel maintenance is surprisingly cheap then.
Not exactly; it is because of the low running and because some good chaps at the service center did not push things on our throat and because both of us kept a vigil on doing just the bare minimum items for service.

Changing the diesel filter was skipped because of low running for both of us. This alone would have costed an additional 1.5k. Add another 750/- for alignment and balancing, which too was skipped. From the forum reviews, I think both petrol and diesel are at par on normal service costs for the Vento; 10k-12k. Come to long term service, I do not know how things pan out.
Old 24th July 2016, 22:55   #8455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
In short, the NVH levels is definitely not a deal breaker for VW, although the maintanence costs can be.��
For me no loud fan, automatic AC at 24-25 range, low music: everything has to be quiet, including the tyre. So I usually change to low noise tyres, Michelin being my current favourite.

Yes maintenance cost is another concern. I currently own a Hyundai. Part cost are reasonable whenever required to be changed, which is rare. Moreover ASS do not bill unnecessary items, and verbal approval is sought by the service engineer by phone whenever required.

Owners of Vento TSI, can anyone of you tell me whether there is an accoustic shield on the firewall? I believe the regular Vento has.

Last edited by Guite : 24th July 2016 at 22:58.
Old 25th July 2016, 23:29   #8456
BHPian

Quote:
Suspension overhaul which included many parts
I am not too surprised by the service bill amount. They seem to have changed a lot of components in one go, it's just that. It should actually cost you less in the long run, if I may, especially when it comes to the suspension components.

By the way, in your attached pictures, I saw they replaced two shock absorbers. They seem to be the rear ones, looking at the part number mentioned "6RF513025A".

I am actually very intruiged by this part number. It seems to be a localized variant of the sports chassis rated shock absorbers, with part number " 6R0513025A".

If you don't mind, could you click a few pictures of the rear shock absorbers installed in your car. I would like to see the markings or stickers on them.

P.S. I had written to VW India about wrongly installing the shock absorbers installed in recent cars, into the old cars with different shock absorbers (sports chassis rated). I'm wondering if they have paid heed to that and localized the correct shock absorbers for earlier cars.
Old 26th July 2016, 07:01   #8457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
P.S. I had written to VW India about wrongly installing the shock absorbers installed in recent cars, into the old cars with different shock absorbers (sports chassis rated). I'm wondering if they have paid heed to that and localized the correct shock absorbers for earlier cars.
So there are two different types of chassis for the Vento? I'm really confused with the terminologies now. Or are you just talking about the different types of suspension setup?
Old 26th July 2016, 08:56   #8458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
So there are two different types of chassis for the Vento? I'm really confused with the terminologies now. Or are you just talking about the different types of suspension setup?
These are actually the terminologies used by VW, and even other manufacturers, like Mercedes. They do mean differences in suspension components, in this context. The VW parts catalog ETKA lists some parts marked for cars with sports chassis.

I cannot comment if there are actually chassis differences in what VW calls standard chassis and sports chassis. However, I have been told they have changed up the chassis as well, in the recent cars.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 26th July 2016 at 09:08.
Old 26th July 2016, 19:09   #8459
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Though Vento is a great car because of the engine, I believe parts used by VW are not apt for Indian conditions. All 4 of my ac vents are broken, steering Rack needs replacement, power window and boot switch are broken. No doubt people prefer Maruti
Fragile AC vents are a common issue. In my case, one of it broke while at service center (i specifically check these before and after service) and caught it while taking delivery. They graciously replaced both (another one had broken earlier) at no extra cost

Steering rack issue seems to a frequent problem then. I also had steering rack issue and was pushed for replacement at my cost. Wrote back to CRM, asking for a confirmation that Rack replacement is not covered under Extended warranty. CRM replied back saying it is covered under warranty and got the same replaced.

I see yours is a 5 year old one, and hence out of warranty.

However, others who are still under extended warranty, insist for clarification before replacing parts at your cost.

I haven't faced power window, boot switch issue (Keeping fingers crossed). However, i had stuck fuel lid opener issue and again that was replaced under warranty.
Old 26th July 2016, 20:41   #8460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
Steering rack issue seems to a frequent problem then. I also had steering rack issue and was pushed for replacement at my cost.
Quote:
All 4 of my ac vents are broken, steering Rack needs replacement, power window and boot switch are broken. No doubt people prefer Maruti
What is this steering rack issue exactly? Is it common?

Hearing for some time now, but missed reading from the forum on what this lock cylinder lubrication could be?

Why do they really want to measure the vehicle front and rear?

Why did they want to change the headlamp mounting and hood silencer (engine noise insulator under the bonnet)!

I guess track control arm = lower arms. IIRC, in my old Baleno, it used to go kaput frequently and the original Suzuki part costed ~6k a piece.

Is 25k for suspension overhaul justified when compared to other cars of the same class? But looking at the bill, this is not just overhaul, but almost a complete replacement of the front suspension. Shocks x 2, lower arms x 2, shock stopper x 2, connecting link x 2. What have they really retained? The coil springs alone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks