Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 17:58   #8476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Guys, I have some problem with by central AC vents. They were working yesterday night but today morning central vents are not throwing air. I turned blower to max changed direction for air flow but nothing helped. Corner vents are working perfectly fine.
I have Vento Highline 2013 model. Any suggestion what might have happened.
These vents break quite easily. My boys , aged 6 and 4 years have found operating the vents with their feet more engaging. They no longer move left or right, the inner blades are broken and have fallen in somewhere! I guess something similar must have happened and they might have slipped into the blower vent .
Old 16th August 2016, 18:58   #8477
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Guys, I have some problem with by central AC vents. They were working yesterday night but today morning central vents are not throwing air. I turned blower to max changed direction for air flow but nothing helped. Corner vents are working perfectly fine.
I have Vento Highline 2013 model. Any suggestion what might have happened.
If @pixantz's easy "fix" isn't the problem, then get the HVAC assembly checked. I remember seeing similar problems being quoted on this thread, like these. Could be the same issue, could be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Thereis no real issue with the chilling capability of the Vento AC but the unit itself is prone to failure. My HVAC unit was changed once under warranty, thankfully at around 20 months of ownership (warranty expired in 2 years). After the replacement no issues so far but earlier I had a serious air flow obstruction.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 16th August 2016 at 18:59.
Old 16th August 2016, 19:57   #8478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
These vents break quite easily. My boys , aged 6 and 4 years have found operating the vents with their feet more engaging. They no longer move left or right, the inner blades are broken and have fallen in somewhere! I guess something similar must have happened and they might have slipped into the blower vent .
I don't have kids, that roller is on and nothing is broken. After hearing this HVAC thingy , I am feeling little tensed. Any idea if I can examine that and if that's the problem any idea on costing?
Old 17th August 2016, 08:18   #8479
BHPian

Hi there.. My 2013 vento had faced the exact same problem a few months back. I forget the name of the part that had failed inside the dash. It took the ASS half a day to fix it and the part cost about ₹1,500. I didn't have to pay because it was covered under warranty. Hope that helps
XLR8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 17:39   #8480
BHPian

I have a query about Vento. Has anybody experiences shuddering while applying brakes at high speeds?

Regards
Bharath
Old 17th August 2016, 21:43   #8481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I have a query about Vento. Has anybody experiences shuddering while applying brakes at high speeds?

Regards
Bharath
I have! I was quite worried when this started to happen as I was nearly 400km from home.

We reached home with no other developments.

The SA told it was due to brake shoes and the disk brakes acting up.
The shoes were changed, but the disc didn't reach the stage where facing was necessary.
Old 17th August 2016, 22:02   #8482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shuddering means a vibration on the brake pedals while applying? Try skimming the disks if it is not due for a change.
Old 17th August 2016, 22:21   #8483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Bharath
Yup had the same issue. Got the pads and discs replaced. Skimming may have helped, but vw service center said they don't do skimming. I did not push for it

Details in this post of my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3930398

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th August 2016 at 22:23.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 00:00   #8484
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Bharath
Are you sure you're not talking about the ABS kicking in? How many kms have you done till date? If less than 15k, worn out brake pads / discs shouldn't ideally be the cause.
ostreichwein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 22:22   #8485
BHPian

I am having a terrible buying experience with a dealer here. I would like to keep contact detail of a VW head office sales manager handy in case the need to escalate arise. Does anyone have such contact details which you can share? Please share here or PM me.
Old 19th August 2016, 23:03   #8486
BHPian

Can you please elaborate a little? I have also booked a Vento at Volkswagen whitefield in Bangalore and knowing your experience might help.
Old 20th August 2016, 00:21   #8487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Are you sure you're not talking about the ABS kicking in? How many kms have you done till date? If less than 15k, worn out brake pads / discs shouldn't ideally be the cause.

Sorry for the delay in response. This is for a friend who has a 2014 Vento Petrol. I have a polo myself. I trust he has much much more than 15K on his Odo.

There is also this problem mentioned in one of the Skoda Rapid threads.

Regards
Bharath
Old 20th August 2016, 04:55   #8488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am having a terrible buying experience with a dealer here. I would like to keep contact detail of a VW head office sales manager handy in case the need to escalate arise. Does anyone have such contact details which you can share? Please share here or PM me.
Which dealer? What's the experience? What kind of problems are you facing?
Old 20th August 2016, 06:24   #8489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
That could need rotor skimming, regardless of kms. Sometimes if the running / parking is in sandy areas discs wear out faster. It is better to have checked.
Old 20th August 2016, 06:36   #8490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Which dealer? What's the experience? What kind of problems are you facing?
I wouldn't name the dealer yet, the bad experience is with repeated false representation by them regrading availability and expected delivery timeline. I want to cancel without too much heartache (regarding refund) and book from another dealer. We (wife and myself) do not want to deal with them anymore. Based on past expereince they make refund difficult, that's where I want VW head office to come in.

Most Viewed