Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:52   #8596
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You have made no mention of the problems that you are facing, in the absence of which it is difficult to evaluate whether the service centre is making the correct recommendations or not.

Post the missing information to enable one to make sense of the service centre's diagnosis.
Hi ,
My vento was having two problem - O2 sensor and ABS light staying ON on dash board, apart from that i asked for 60k service estimate.

Uday
Old 4th November 2016, 10:31   #8597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hi ,
My vento was having two problem - O2 sensor and ABS light staying ON on dash board, apart from that i asked for 60k service estimate.

Uday
Was having.....means problem is gone now ? what all was changed ?

I am asking as my Rapids ABS lights are ON. car is 4 yrs old, done 90K kms. not accidents. JMD Nerul recommends 2 ABS sensors gone bad. Estimate for each is 6K
Old 4th November 2016, 10:51   #8598
BHPian

I have a peculiar problem with my Vento. The fins and controls of the central air vents have been kicked off by my kids. Is it possible to change just the central vents?
Old 4th November 2016, 11:20   #8599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I have a peculiar problem with my Vento. The fins and controls of the central air vents have been kicked off by my kids. Is it possible to change just the central vents?
Yes. You can change central air vents. This will cost you around ₹1100.
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 11:29   #8600
Senior - BHPian

Noticed something strange yesterday.
The idling RPM was at 950 RPM after driving for 30 minutes. I was in neutral while waiting at a signal. At the next signal, the idling RPM was back at 800 RPM. And I'm in Chennai, not in any high altitude hill station.
Had anyone noticed this before?
Old 4th November 2016, 17:15   #8601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

I am asking as my Rapids ABS lights are ON. car is 4 yrs old, done 90K kms. not accidents. JMD Nerul recommends 2 ABS sensors gone bad. Estimate for each is 6K
I got my ABS sensor changed at an FNG in Juhu,Mumbai.
Total damage was 1500 for sensor and 500 for scanning about a month ago.

6000 is way too much.
manas27587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 21:05   #8602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Noticed something strange yesterday.
The idling RPM was at 950 RPM after driving for 30 minutes. I was in neutral while waiting at a signal. At the next signal, the idling RPM was back at 800 RPM. And I'm in Chennai, not in any high altitude hill station.
Had anyone noticed this before?
This is normal as per my memory, though I do not know the explanation. It will settle back to the lower RPM after a bit of time.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 21:47   #8603
BHPian

It's like that for most cars: idling rpm drops down as the engine warms up, the engine oil has warmed up and the engine is now running smoothly.
Old 5th November 2016, 12:46   #8604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

No the problem has not gone , my 2 ABS sensor gone bad and also O2 senser. Going to change these in a local garage.

Has timing belt being changed in vento after 60K KM running?. I was told that timing belt is chain type hence no need to change. Can any one confirm this.

Last edited by udaydesai : 5th November 2016 at 12:49. Reason: addition of more query
Old 5th November 2016, 15:44   #8605
BHPian

Quote:
No the problem has not gone , my 2 ABS sensor gone bad and also O2 senser. Going to change these in a local garage.

Has timing belt being changed in vento after 60K KM running?. I was told that timing belt is chain type hence no need to change. Can any one confirm this.

As per previous posts on this thread, the timing belt is recommended to be changed at 90000 kms.
Can the ABS sensors be changed under warranty if within it? I am surprised at the prices of the sensors.
Old 5th November 2016, 16:16   #8606
Senior - BHPian

Just get the confirmed faulty parts changed i.e. the ABS & O2 sensors. Apart from this the boot can be inspected and changed only if found torn. This can be done easily by lifting the car up and looking at the rubber boots physically.

Rest should be your normal engine oil and associated filters change.

Quote:
Hi ,

Uday

In case you have decided to get it done outside, I would recommend the SKCarZone in Nerul. They are a Bosch franchisee and have a sterling reputation.

Quote:
Old 5th November 2016, 17:32   #8607
BHPian

Quote:
its 1lakh KMs for Rapid for the timing belt. i suppose should be the same for Vento. it was 1 Lakh even for my indigo Marina earlier.
Old 8th November 2016, 13:53   #8608
BHPian

So now Vento is available in the Silk Blue shade. Went for my second extended test drive for TSI and I was told that now Blue is also available.

Last edited by manson : 8th November 2016 at 18:18.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:40   #8609

I took delivery of my car from VW Whitefield Bangalore service center (61000 km service) only to find that the arm rest and AC Vent was damaged. Initially the engineer the damage was already inflicted before the car was handed over, but when I stood my ground and insisted that the damage done by the service center staff, they agreed to replace it. But as both parts were not in stock, I was asked to come back. The same was given to me in writing too.

Once I reached home, I noticed that the undercarriage of the car was not washed at all. I called up the service center and the lady on the phone & says they never wash the undercarriage of the car. Is this true?

I vaguely remember EVM Trivandrum service center call me up advising me never to get the undercarriage washed locally as sensors will get damaged. Only an authorized VW service center should be allowed to wash the undercarriage.

Now I am confused.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:57   #8610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Kuruvilla View Post

Once I reached home, I noticed that the undercarriage of the car was not washed at all. I called up the service center and the lady on the phone & says they never wash the undercarriage of the car. Is this true?

I vaguely remember EVM Trivandrum service center call me up advising me never to get the undercarriage washed locally as sensors will get damaged. Only an authorized VW service center should be allowed to wash the undercarriage.
EVM VW Kottayam also does not wash the underbody saying that it is not needed as there is nothing exposed to rust!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks