Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 12:38   #8626
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I need to know if the above points are covered under Extended warranty? I have the same problem on the car and are due for replacement but not in VW but on my Honda brio. Are these parts covered under Extended warranty?
Older engine mount was changed to hydraulic engine mounts under warranty. Suspension work will be charged and i am yet to do that in my next service.
Old 21st December 2016, 11:51   #8627

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
That was a good write up. I enjoyed it... the fact that I own a polo made it even more special. By the way Welcome!!!
Thanks a lot.
Despite of extremely unpleasant experiences from VW and Automark, i am totally in love with my Baby.

Last edited by ampere : 21st December 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Formatted post
Old 21st December 2016, 13:41   #8628
Distinguished - BHPian

Brace yourself, another variant coming from Volkswagen... many more to come

Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus trim to be launched soon.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg

Quote:
Volkswagen is planning to launch a new variant of the Vento with additional features. This trim will be called as the Highline Plus and get additional features over the top-end variant of the sedan.

As the 'Plus' badging suggests, the new trim will be based on the current Highline version of the Vento and pack some more features. The most evident addition in the fascia are the full LED headlamps underlined by LED daytime running lights (DRLs). Volkswagen is just giving minor upgrades to this version of the sedan, while the overall design and dimensions of the car will remain unchanged.

Inside, expect VW to add a new touchscreen infotainment system with Mirrorlink connectivity. There might be an auto dimming IRVM and rain sensing wipers as well. Most of the interior design elements and features will be carried over from the existing Vento including interior colour schemes (Cloud Titanschwarz and Walnut Desert Beige). The Highline Plus trim will borrow features like seat upholstery, cruise control, a dead-pedal, external boot release, etc. from the existing model.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st December 2016 at 13:58.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 14:08   #8629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Brace yourself, another variant coming from Volkswagen... many more to come

Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus trim to be launched soon.
I would love to have the LED headlight with DRL. Auto dimming rear view mirror, touch screen with mirrorlink and rain sensing wiper are already standard feature in existing highline.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:29   #8630
BHPian

There is a weird noise noticed in my 2012 TDI when setting the car in motion in the first gear and also while reversing.

The squealing noise is there only when the car needs more accelerator input to be set in motion, say on an incline or under heavy load. There is absolutely no sound otherwise. The sound comes while releasing the clutch and at the point the car starts to move. The clutch is fine otherwise and there is no loss of power or anything else.

The car has clocked 71k. Google results show that it could be an issue with the throw out bearing or even a sign of clutch nearing the end of its life.

Can anyone shed some light on it?
Old 3rd January 2017, 02:44   #8631
BHPian

Does this sound also come when you go over uneven roads?
Did you recently got control arm or any suspension part changed?

The reason I am saying control arm is because I had my cars left one changed 1 month ago. Right after change I was also getting sqeeking sound from left side on
- starting car even in neutral
- leaving clutch in race or changing gears
- going on in even roads

I got the SA cross check it again at two different service centre and both were not able to find anything. First SA who changed control arm said it will take some time for arm to set-in. I have driven around 1000 km after that and sound has gone down subsequently so somehow I would like to believe that SA was telling the truth
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:19   #8632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Does this sound also come when you go over uneven roads?
Did you recently got control arm or any suspension part changed?
No. Nothing of that sort. The sound is only when setting the car in motion in first gear or reverse and that too under heavy load only.
Everything is fine otherwise.
Old 4th January 2017, 00:24   #8633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
There is a weird noise noticed in my 2012 TDI when setting the car in motion in the first gear and also while reversing.

The squealing noise is there only when the car needs more accelerator input to be set in motion, say on an incline or under heavy load. There is absolutely no sound otherwise. The sound comes while releasing the clutch and at the point the car starts to move. The clutch is fine otherwise and there is no loss of power or anything else.

The car has clocked 71k. Google results show that it could be an issue with the throw out bearing or even a sign of clutch nearing the end of its life.

Can anyone shed some light on it?
Hi,

This is exactly the same issue I faced with my Rapid elegance 2012 with 37K kms on the ODO, service guys initially had no clue and investigated the issue for more than a week and finally concluded and replaced my clutch, release bearing, flywheel which cost me 39K. Raised the issue with Skoda INDIA (Skoda area service manager Ganesh Kishore had no answer to my question) as to how my flywheel can go bad for just 37K kms and got blocked on its facebook page for just asking a question.
Currently my car clocked 47K and is running without any issue, fingers crossed for now.
Old 4th January 2017, 13:40   #8634
BHPian

Need quick help and I am pretty sure it was discussed earlier. My centre 2 blower are not throwing air properly. After reading through different threads I think Air distribution system have gone for a toss , if that is the case any idea what is the cost of this and secondly I have also read some manual setting some time correct this issue.
If any one can throw some light on this will be appreciated
PS: My car is out of warranty so any part change will incur cost :(
Old 4th January 2017, 14:21   #8635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Need quick help and I am pretty sure it was discussed earlier. My centre 2 blower are not throwing air properly. After reading through different threads I think Air distribution system have gone for a toss , if that is the case any idea what is the cost of this and secondly I have also read some manual setting some time correct this issue.
If any one can throw some light on this will be appreciated
PS: My car is out of warranty so any part change will incur cost :(
Only your center blowers have an issue ? Did you check the filter if its clogged ?
Old 4th January 2017, 16:18   #8636
BHPian

If side blowers are throwing airs and only centre once are not throwing air than its most likely that centre blower is gone bad. I have seen this happen in lots of Vento.
Problem in this case is not the blower cost but the labour charged since they open whole dashboard to replace it.
I am not totally accurate but charges will be in rage of 5-6K (around 1-2K for blower and 3-4K as labour)

Last edited by karansm4u : 4th January 2017 at 16:19.
Old 4th January 2017, 16:18   #8637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Only your center blowers have an issue ? Did you check the filter if its clogged ?
Yes only center blowers have issue, rest all are working perfectly. How can I check filter, Sorry for acting dump. Any thing else I can check on my own?
Old 4th January 2017, 17:30   #8638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Yes only center blowers have issue, rest all are working perfectly. How can I check filter, Sorry for acting dump. Any thing else I can check on my own?
You can try. Its below the glove box. Manual should have the tips on removing it.
Old 4th January 2017, 18:52   #8639
Senior - BHPian

Just went for the 45k service today. I was informed that the Drive Belt and Drive Belt Tensioner needs to be replaced. They seem to be making some sound. Together they cost 7k. I've never seen anyone post in the Vento thread about it's replacement. Any pointers?
Old 4th January 2017, 21:39   #8640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Just went for the 45k service today. I was informed that the Drive Belt and Drive Belt Tensioner needs to be replaced. They seem to be making some sound. Together they cost 7k. I've never seen anyone post in the Vento thread about it's replacement. Any pointers?
I had it replaced at 75k, but I believe pre mature wear is quite rare from my experience of owning 6 bentos so far.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks