Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 01:19   #8641
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I am noticing a weird behaviour in my 2012 TDI. The car requires an unusually long cranking to get fired up if parked for few hours also.
I had got the battery replaced recently to Amaron and have undertaken a 2500 km trip as well and everything was perfect.
This issue has suddenly cropped up. VCDS didn't throw any error either. What could be the issue here?
Old 17th January 2017, 02:08   #8642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I am noticing a weird behaviour in my 2012 TDI. The car requires an unusually long cranking to get fired up if parked for few hours also.
I had got the battery replaced recently to Amaron and have undertaken a 2500 km trip as well and everything was perfect.
This issue has suddenly cropped up. VCDS didn't throw any error either. What could be the issue here?
This is just a winters thing from what I have gathered. I experience it with my car as well. Even when I had changed the battery and the battery was pretty new when the winters came, the first crank of the day would be a bit longer.

Rachit
Old 17th January 2017, 19:04   #8643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post

This happens always with my Vento TDI too pal. The first crank, at most times, takes a bit longer than the successive ones that day. More so in winter days. I wondered if it was due to a failing battery, but even after changing to a new one, this continued. No reason to worry about that.
Old 18th January 2017, 00:33   #8644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
This happens always with my Vento TDI too pal. The first crank, at most times, takes a bit longer than the successive ones that day. More so in winter days. I wondered if it was due to a failing battery, but even after changing to a new one, this continued. No reason to worry about that.
I am doubtful if that would actually be the case. The car has been to sub zero degree temperatures also and I never faced this issue. It would always fire up at the slightest crank and idle at a higher rpm till the engine builds up some temperature.

This issue has cropped up suddenly. A bhpian is suggesting that it is an indication of failing fuel pump. I would like to be absolutely sure else the ASS will only adopt the trial and error method!
Old 18th January 2017, 10:48   #8645
BHPian

Has anyone converted to rear middle seat belt of the Vento/Polo to a proper 3 point seat belt. I am planning on a long highway trip in the summer with my family and i am not comfortable with the idea of one of my kids having to use the lapbelts that are currently available on the car.

The models sold outside come with standard three 3 point seat belts at the rear. Any pointers will be much appreciated
Old 21st January 2017, 11:48   #8646
BHPian

Just went for 4th service of my tdi (clocked 44k), mid 2013 model, approximate cost was 10k (no wheel balancing/alignment as i am due for a tyre change. Still on stock Apollos). No issues thus far in four years of ownership and have been very satisfied.

Now, I was told yesterday during service that some oil leakage/seepage is there, which might be problematic soon and to get the work done, i may have to leave the vehicle for 2 days at workshop and change something (under warranty, approx. cost 17k). Even after asking, he did not share what he intends to do and what the actual problems is. The SA refused to check it thoroughly, citing other jobs/lack of time, and says he will check the oil seepage problem in February mid to end, just before my warranty expires. I am lost as to what the problem is. I also did not have enough time and could not have a long conversation with him. Will go to workshop again soon. But, before going:

My extended warranty expires in March 2017.

1. What are the other things I should get checked before my extended warranty expires?

2. Will any parts be replaced (under warranty) if at the moment they are not faulty, but, they may cause problems in, say, 6 months time? fix something, which ain't broken yet ?! - too much to expect from VW I guess.

3. How do I honestly get my car checked, especially, since the SA sounded suspicious.

Thanks.

Last edited by stringbh : 21st January 2017 at 11:51. Reason: spelling mistakes, typos
Old 27th January 2017, 09:13   #8647
BHPian

In Chennai, is it really necessary to go to a VW authorized service center post warranty period? I am fed up with ABRA and Kun. TVS is no good is what I hear. It's my 4th service and warranty is now over. Every visit to the service center is a pain as they only try to clear up their stock, keep complaining of one or other component (which is always suspicious) like what stringbh had posted. I know a good service center and the guy is very much trusted one. So just wondering whether I really have to go to a VW service center. Please advise.
Old 27th January 2017, 11:25   #8648
BHPian

General consensus among VAG owners is to find a independent, trustworthy garage (FNG) post warranty period to avoid unnecessary scam. Though it may sound simple, getting one such is a herculean task. Maybe fellow BHPians using such places can shed some light.

Completed the 5th service of my Vento 1.6 TDI yesterday after 75,075 Kms in 25 months.

Total amount - Rs. 9449/- excluding WA,WB, windshield washer fluid, A/C disinfection and other scam services. Brake discs, pads and shock absorbers were said to be in good condition (as per SA & a floor mechanic) and hence, no replacements, apart from regular service.

An inadvertent dog hit incident had damaged front bumper, right fog lamp, grill and radiator lock carrier for which I got a quote of around 35,000 Rs plus labour. I decided not to go for it before getting estimate from any one of the FNG.
Old 27th January 2017, 20:32   #8649
BHPian

My Vento 1.6 TDI is due for 4th service in June. The car has run 34K kms till now. I am thinking of considering an FNG this time.

I have a question here regarding FNG -

Will the resale be affected if I service the vehicle anywhere apart for the ASC?
I know Vento don't command much in the resale market and I am not planning to sell either but just curious
Old 28th January 2017, 08:06   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
General consensus among VAG owners is to find a independent, trustworthy garage (FNG) post warranty period to avoid unnecessary scam.
Will going to an independent garage affect one's insurance? I have a zero-dep bumper to bumper from Bajaj Allianz.
Old 30th January 2017, 21:18   #8651
BHPian

Here are some pics of the Vento Highline Plus which has been sent to me from my friend. The changes to the car are the brand new LED Headlights, an upgraded infotainment system and reversing camera.The new Highline Plus variant costs 16.1 Lakhs On road Salem for the DSG variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170130wa0011.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170130wa0010.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170130wa0009.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170130wa0008.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20170130wa0007.jpg  

Aniruthan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 22:01   #8652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Here are some pics of the Vento Highline Plus which has been sent to me from my friend. The changes to the car are the brand new LED Headlights, an upgraded infotainment system and reversing camera.The new Highline Plus variant costs 16.1 Lakhs On road Salem for the DSG variant.
VW badge looks like that of Jetta and the price as well!
Old 4th February 2017, 16:21   #8653
BHPian

Quote:
Completed the 5th service of my Vento 1.6 TDI yesterday after 75,075 Kms in 25 months.

Total amount - Rs. 9449/- excluding WA,WB, windshield washer fluid, A/C disinfection and other scam services. Brake discs, pads and shock absorbers were said to be in good condition (as per SA & a floor mechanic) and hence, no replacements, apart from regular service.

An inadvertent dog hit incident had damaged front bumper, right fog lamp, grill and radiator lock carrier for which I got a quote of around 35,000 Rs plus labour. I decided not to go for it before getting estimate from any one of the FNG.
Completed my 4th service in Sundaram Motors. As I did not have any complaints and only thing I asked them to change is the ac vent on the RHS, the service as such was good. Though they didn't bother me much with some this issue that issue etc., still they have charged for some scam services that you had quoted. So the bill came to, 12.9K. Obvious one was the A/C Disinfectant, which was Rs. 950. WA & WB I had strictly asked them not to do. So that was excluded. The AC vent was around 1K.

Did you change the lock carrier? Previously I changed it for a bill of about 3K, couple of years back. But now it seems they change it with a full cover like that of Jetta and it would cost 13K. There is no option for the old fashioned cover as it had been phased out.
Old 4th February 2017, 18:01   #8654
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Noticed something strange yesterday.
The idling RPM was at 950 RPM after driving for 30 minutes. I was in neutral while waiting at a signal. At the next signal, the idling RPM was back at 800 RPM. And I'm in Chennai, not in any high altitude hill station.
Had anyone noticed this before?
I had posted similar query a couple of times a while ago. Recently I had to replace the strut mount bracket and had left the car at the service centre. I complained about the issue to the SA (once again). While getting the delivery the SA mentioned he has done a software update. I am not sure if that is the one that really helped, but the car has gone back to its original self. No more ad-hoc 1000 RPM idling. Its constantly at the 800 - 850 range as it used to be in the initial days
Old 4th February 2017, 21:57   #8655
BHPian

Team, Is it advisable to buy Demo cars. I am looking at a Vento TDI Highline DSG, demo vehicle that has done ~3000 kms. I don't have an offer yet, but is it advisable to go for such a vehicle, if yes, then what kind of price should I be aiming for.
A new car costs 14.5xx Lacs on road here. The car in question is an August 2016 model.
I guess it doesn't have the new 110 PS diesel engine but has the RCD330 stock.
Please advise. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks