Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:10   #8701
Senior - BHPian

It's the battery. Same happened to me in a car approaching 3 years.

The OE battery is very small and does not last long. It is Alto-sized. About 36 AH if I remember correctly. Even VW's dealers recommend it be replaced with a much larger 45 AH battery, which will cost you 5.5k as others have said. Perhaps 500 more since you'll be exchanging with a much smaller size.

I got an Amaron from BatteryBhai.com
Old 4th April 2017, 14:09   #8702
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

As per VW brochure on their web site, there is Vento Highline and Highline Plus variants available. I was interested in Vento TSI Highline and called up Elite Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore for test drive. When I asked about variants, the answer I got was - there is no more Highline and Highline Plus variants for TSI AT. It is just the latest Highline only with the added features of LED headlamps, Reversa Camera etc. Anybody has more information on this ? As per the showroom people, on road price for this Highline variant in Bangalore would be around 15.39 lakhs. Nearly a lakh more than my budget :-(
Old 6th April 2017, 18:45   #8703
Senior - BHPian

I've been noticing this for the past few weeks:

While idling the car in traffic, I feel the engine is not smooth at times. With my foot on the brakes,( which is done always) I can feel this periodic vibrations which happens to feel just like how a bus/truck idles. The RPM stays stable- exactly at 800RPM

This occurs for 10-15 seconds before the vibrations smoothen out. The car then feels normal. It doesn't happen all the time though.

Are these some of the warning signs for fuel pump or fuel injector failure? Should I get the fuel injectors recalibrated? Or is this actually normal?

Edit: It's a 1.6 TDi. There also seems to be small drop in mileage but I can't confirm since the car is idled for several minutes (15 to 20) at a time due to the blistering heat.

Last edited by Turbohead : 6th April 2017 at 18:49.
Old 8th April 2017, 19:12   #8704
BHPian

Hi,
I have been getting this "chic chic" sound(comes for 2 minutes only in the morning,cold start) for almost 2 years and the service station guys have not been able to resolve it. They changed an alternator belt and said the issue is fixed but its not. Mine is a 2013 tdi.
Now since my warranty is going to be over by next month have asked to resolve this or give me in written that in future if anything happens they will cover in warranty. They have changed the idler and still the sound persists. Car is in the workshop for 5 days. Hoping for the issue to be resolved permanently. Looks like the mechanics are trying their best but its like trial and error. Big challenge is that to test the sound one has to wait for close to 10 hrs till the engine is fully cold to reproduce the sound.
Any idea experts?
prabhul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 19:04   #8705
Senior - BHPian

Could somebody tell here what would be the (bumper to bumper) insurance quote for the Vento for past 5 year mark. I got a quote or 24k from Tata AIG and also getting about the same from Bajaj Allianz (Drive Assure plan). I IDV I am quoted is around 5L mark.

24k looks to be too high really. Appreciate if others can let know what they had to pay.
Old 11th April 2017, 21:03   #8706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Could somebody tell here what would be the (bumper to bumper) insurance quote for the Vento for past 5 year mark. I got a quote or 24k from Tata AIG and also getting about the same from Bajaj Allianz (Drive Assure plan). I IDV I am quoted is around 5L mark.

24k looks to be too high really. Appreciate if others can let know what they had to pay.

I recently got my insurance from Reliance insurance. Mine is Vento 1.5 TDI highline automatic, the car is one year old with IDV of 10.43 lacs.

I paid 25,000 for my insurance with zero dep cover and comprehensive add-on plus engine cover. Last year I had bharti AXA and claimed only once. I had paid 35,000 last year. They gave me quotation of 38,000 this year because I had claimed once.

So overall got a nice deal. I got quotation from New India insurance and sent it to my Insurance guy. I was getting 60% from New India so got similar discount from Reliance also.

24K for IDV of 5 lac is absurd. Try to get it from outside or just get online quotation.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 10:10   #8707
BANNED

Do the top end Ventos now have

1. Keyless entry?
2. Foldable rear seats?
3. Reverse camera?
Old 12th April 2017, 11:00   #8708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Do the top end Ventos now have

1. Keyless entry?
2. Foldable rear seats?
3. Reverse camera?
The Highline plus has the Reverse Camera but doesn't have Keyless entry or Foldable rear seats.
Old 15th April 2017, 20:45   #8709
BHPian

Can anybody with a recently manufactured Highline trim, post a picture of the sticker behind the fuel lid indicating the recommended tyre pressure values?

I have been wondering if they have changed the recommended values, after I got my car.
Old 15th April 2017, 23:27   #8710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
I have been getting this "chic chic" sound(comes for 2 minutes only in the morning,cold start) for almost 2 years and the service station guys have not been able to resolve it. They changed an alternator belt and said the issue is fixed but its not. Mine is a 2013 tdi.
Now since my warranty is going to be over by next month have asked to resolve this or give me in written that in future if anything happens they will cover in warranty. They have changed the idler and still the sound persists. Car is in the workshop for 5 days. Hoping for the issue to be resolved permanently. Looks like the mechanics are trying their best but its like trial and error. Big challenge is that to test the sound one has to wait for close to 10 hrs till the engine is fully cold to reproduce the sound.
Any idea experts?
Spray some soapy water on the drive belts, if that reduces the noise then you will know for sure if it has something to do with the belt/pulleys or not.

Keep me updated and I will guide you further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th April 2017 at 12:30. Reason: Youtube URL removed from the quoted post.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 11:55   #8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi,
Any idea experts?
My 2011 Vento has the exact same issue. Vw Bangalore, Kochi, Kottayam and Trivandrum was unable to fix the issue. They replaced tensioner belt and few other parts. I got fed up running behind Vw and the noise has been there for last 4 years. Not sure if it's the hot weather, that noise has disappeared for the last two months now.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th April 2017 at 12:31. Reason: Youtube URL removed from the quoted post.
Old 16th April 2017, 13:10   #8712
BHPian

Quote:

I renewed my Vento TSI insurance last week. My car is a year old and no claims in the last one year. I got a quote of 22k from Tata AIG for an IDV of 8.23 lacs with Zero dep and RSA. it also includes cover for lost key fob. Also, any claims for plastics, glass, fibreglass is not counted as claim if I renew with Tata AIG the next year. So my NCB remains intact. It also includes 6 months warranty for any parts replaced during accident. If the replacement part is faulty then Tata AIG will change it again free of cost.
Mitz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 17:18   #8713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
I have a 2015 VW Vento TDI. It has done about 30000 Kms. Trouble-free ownership so far.
However, today evening when I was starting from office, the car won't turn on. Following is what happened :
1. Car unlocked via remote
2. Got in and plonked the key into the slot
3. I generally wait for a few seconds before turning the ignition. So I wait and the ICE turns on; I can hear the music now.
4. Now I turn the ignition on and poof! Everything switches off including the ICE and the speedometer.
5. I took the key out and tried again but now nothing turns on
6. I try locking the car via the fob but nada
7. Checked the oil and the coolant. Seem fine.
8. Repeated steps 4,5,6 a few times but nothing

I tend to think it's a battery issue but the car is hardly 18 months old.

What could be the problem?

exact same thing happened in my case. Just that my radio showed low voltage in display in between. My car is 4 years as of now and my original battery had conked off in the 3rd year. So this was a new battery which was only a year old and it went dead suddenly one fine day without any reason.

Got the battery checked by the local guy and he told me that the battery is gone as the voltage was too low when cranking the engine. Had to jump start the car and took it to the service centre. The SA had mentioned that the battery has a warranty period of 2 years and not one year as mentioned to in some other posts. Got the battery replaced under warranty though.

Quote:

Got my insurance done recently. Car is 4 years old petrol highline. IDV of 5.3L and zero depreciation total came to 19.5k from HDFC Ergo. This was the lowest amongst the lot. Had a claim previously so NCB was only 20% this time

Last edited by nick.cs : 16th April 2017 at 17:37.
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 20:06   #8714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post

Got my insurance done recently. Car is 4 years old petrol highline. IDV of 5.3L and zero depreciation total came to 19.5k from HDFC Ergo. This was the lowest amongst the lot. Had a claim previously so NCB was only 20% this time
Yes I also went with HDFC Ergo. I paid 19200 for zero dep insurance for my Petrol AT. IDV is 5.4L. I got NCB of 35%. This was the best possible offer. Out of 19k, almost half is third party insurance.

Tata AIG quoted almost 25k for IDV of 4.4L. Bajaj Allianz quote was 24k for IDV of 5!
Old 17th April 2017, 13:57   #8715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Spray some soapy water on the drive belts, if that reduces the noise then you will know for sure if it has something to do with the belt/pulleys or not.

Keep me updated and I will guide you further.
Car was in service centre for a week and they had replaced belt, idler and some other part. The sound did not come for 2 days and now its back. Really frustrating . Planning to get a letter/mail that the issue is pending with them and they will get it rectified in the future services. Don't want to leave the car again, have given enough time now and earlier too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks