Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 03:15   #8806
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
It seems it was a wrong diagnose !!!
Please get a second opinion or go to any FNG who is properly familiar with diesel engines.

No point in beating around VW ASC when they are hell bent on looting someone. ASC's generally do NOT prefer cleaning anything, they directly go with the word Replace! Thats it. Even if the part is serviceable and can be brought to working condition, no, even then they suggest + force for replacement. So please be aware.

I don't think your car will be under warranty after looking at the registration number so no point on sticking to them.

You seem to be from Hyderabad.
Old 11th July 2017, 11:15   #8807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
I am attaching list of all the parts which are requested to be changed. ( i am not changing even one in service centre for sure. ) ..
Obviously now...@just copper pipe bent.

Has your car suffered some sort of a frontal impact? Or ditched very hard into a large pothole hitting the underside?
The components being suggested for replacements would generally get damaged in these scenarios.

Engine mounts - not exceptionally out of place for engine mounts to need a replacement for a car this old. But, its not a rule. Certainly get this car checked elsewhere before you commit to making any further spends.

In general with machines always best to follow a simple rule. Don't fix something that is not broken. In most of the components suggested for replacements - damage / failure immediately shows signs that can be felt/seen in day to day driving. Funny to replace things like steering rack just like that when the customer doesn't feel any problem at all.

Just remind them that you own the car and not them & take it out. If the FNG also confirms that these parts are indeed damaged, then OK to repair / replace wherever required.
If yes indeed - I'd go back to my previous advise. You might want to replace the car instead if possible.
Good luck.
Old 11th July 2017, 16:14   #8808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
My 2013 Vento 1.6 TDI seem to have some problem with the air conditioner. The middle 2 vents are blowing a weaker stream than the side vents even after setting the vents fully open. Can someone please educate me on the cause of this issue?
I had the same issue with my 2013 Vento TDi as well. The flap motor had gone kaput. In my case the middle vents were not working at all. I got the service centre to manually reset it as a timely solution. But as soon as I accidentally hit defrost, it used to stop working again.

I got the motor replaced under warranty. If I recall right, I didn't have to pay anything at all.
XLR8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 10:34   #8809
BHPian

I drive the 2016 Vento TSI with the RCD 330G car entertainment system. Over the last couple of months I have had sporadic problems with the bluetooth connection. While the bluetooth always connects and never has a problem with any controls, importing contacts or display, the sound output is zero. Absolutely no sound whatsoever when connecting through Bluetooth (phone calls or media) regarding of the volume settings.

This problem would sometimes resolve itself on its own but never in the middle of a drive only when cold starting the next morning or after a couple of days. All other media worked perfectly like the Radio, SD Card, USB, etc.

I searched the internet but no one seemed to have the same problem as me.

I tried the following solutions.

1. Increase volume on the phone and RCD 330G (duh).
2. Tried 4 different Android Phones and an iPhone.
3. Factory resetting the phone and the RCD 330G.
4. I tried playing media from different apps on the phone like Play Music, stock music player, Saavn etc.

Over the last 2 weeks the problem is no longer sporadic, it is now permanently outputting no sound when connected to bluetooth.

Nothing solved this issue. I mentioned this as a problem when I gave the car to service and it was not fixed. I complained once again to Sundaram Motors Chennai and they asked me to bring the car in for further inspection.

A technician attempted to reproduce the issue with his phone as well as mine and luckily the problem was present. He updated the software on the RCD 330G and the problem was still present.

Since it is still under warranty, the person in charge of warranty claims brought his camera with him and videotaped the entire reproduction of the problem.

I have been asked to bring the car in on this Saturday when the representative of the manufacturer of the RCD 330G will evaluate the issue. I have been promised resolution either with a fix or with a replacement under warranty.

The weirdest part was that it connect just fine, I can navigate songs with the steering wheel buttons, I can place and receive phone calls except for the small issue of having absolutely no sound. I am making do at the moment with the aux connection, but this issue has been driving me up the wall!

I was curious to hear if anyone else has met with this issue and if there are any solutions they can present other than the ones I have already tried.

Many thanks for your help.
Old 15th July 2017, 02:52   #8810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
I had the same issue with my 2013 Vento TDi as well. The flap motor had gone kaput. In my case the middle vents were not working at all. I got the service centre to manually reset it as a timely solution. But as soon as I accidentally hit defrost, it used to stop working again.

I got the motor replaced under warranty. If I recall right, I didn't have to pay anything at all.
Very common issue. The day I visited the workshop to get it fixed, there were two other cars with the exact same issue. The part itself costs about Rs. 500 but I was charged Rs. 4500 in labour as they apparently had to remove the entire dashboard assembly to access it and replace it. Took about 2 hours of labour.
utkarsh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 12:09   #8811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
I got my VW Vento TDI Highline 2013 serviced last month at 42k Kms and I was told by the SA that there is some issue with the steering rack.
Recently I did a Bangalore- Goa-Bangalore run, during which the steering started to vibrate while braking even at speeds of 60-70kmph. I have had this issue in the past (but at speeds of 80-100kmph) when the car had run around 22k kms and I had replaced the brake rotor & pads which fixed the problem.
Please check with some other local service center. I had a similar problem after my brake pads got changed. The issue was traced back to a scoured disc and brake pads not getting calibrated after its installation.

Disc had concentric circles due to scouring that may happen if dust/sand gets in between the brake pads and the disc when the pads get worn out. While changing the brake pads one can change the discs as well. However if the disc has sufficient thickness, instead of changing the disc it can be just sent to a lathe workshop to remove the scouring marks. Local service centers will do that.

Coming to the brake pads. When installing new set of brake pads they need to be calibrated with your brakes so that it does not misbehave - the pressure it applies on the disc should be even.

I had both the above problems which got fixed at a local workshop after which I did not see any steering vibration at any speed while applying the brakes.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 22:03   #8812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Please check with some other local service center. I had a similar problem after my brake pads got changed. The issue was traced back to a scoured disc and brake pads not getting calibrated after its installation.

Disc had concentric circles due to scouring that may happen if dust/sand gets in between the brake pads and the disc when the pads get worn out. While changing the brake pads one can change the discs as well. However if the disc has sufficient thickness, instead of changing the disc it can be just sent to a lathe workshop to remove the scouring marks. Local service centers will do that.

Coming to the brake pads. When installing new set of brake pads they need to be calibrated with your brakes so that it does not misbehave - the pressure it applies on the disc should be even.

I had both the above problems which got fixed at a local workshop after which I did not see any steering vibration at any speed while applying the brakes.
Thanks a lot for your inputs Crank! When I had the same issue last time, I had tried getting the rotors skimmed with the help of a local garage & got only the pads changed. It did work for the next 5k-6k kms but the problem resurfaced again, which is when I got the new rotors & brake pads. I have not noticed the rotors closely this time. I will try to do it and share the pics shortly, but there is a possibility that the discs are scoured due to dust/sand. One question here though. Even if I get the discs skimmed as they are used only for 20k-25k kms, I will still have to get new brake pads, right?
Old 19th July 2017, 08:07   #8813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
One question here though. Even if I get the discs skimmed as they are used only for 20k-25k kms, I will still have to get new brake pads, right?
It depends on how much the brake pads have worn out. If they are good, then no need to replace them. When I skimmed by discs I didn't change my brake pads as they were just fine.

Last edited by Crank : 19th July 2017 at 08:07. Reason: Sharing my experience
Old 21st July 2017, 10:31   #8814
BHPian

Re: A case of unreliable Volkswagen Ventos (2010 - 2012)

Hi Guys,
I am in the market for buying a Automatic sedan and had almost finalised paying a booking amount for 1.2TSI DSG Vento today. Having Known about the DQ200 problem i decided to dig in to see if there are any more problems before i pay up.

After burning midnight oil on many threads on Vento in this forum, all i see are threads of apathy
1. There is a DQ200 Problem which continues to plague even though folks at the Volks says it is sorted out
2. There is a Injector Problem which many had to endure.
3. There is a EGR Cooler Problem which few cars suffered from.
4. There is a Engine Failure reported too in the forum.

Adding Oil to this fire, one of my Friend's Friend who is also an aspiring Cyclist and a Racer like me (Yes, We do Individual Time trials) has had his vento stuck up at service centre right now for the dreaded DQ200 Mekatronic problem and had posted a rant on his fb page right at the outset when i am about to give a booking for a titanium beige vento 1.2 TSI today. (Pics below)

This has questioned my senses to pay up the booking amount and have put the process on a hold temporarily for a couple of days.

I had a terrible relationship with TATA when i had a Fiat Linea after which i decided to have a hassle free ownership and switched over to a Maruti swift, which had served me so well because of tension free A.S.S of Maruti suzuki.

I am in no mood to stand in queue again and fight for any car any more nor do i have time to haggle with the A.S.S if issues happen.

I am looking at answers on the reliability of the car as i have to invest 14L of my hard earned money on something which will accompany me for next 5 years.

Can someone advice on which way i should go?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-capture2.jpg  

Last edited by drashkum : 21st July 2017 at 10:34.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:30   #8815
BHPian

i just wanted some info. i need seat cover for vento. can i get them online (any suggestion) looking for leather pu or farbric if fabric is good.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:57   #8816
BHPian

Guys need some help here. My 2012 Ventos insurance is up for renewal. This is the last year I can opt for Zero Dep. My last year (2016) premium was Rs. 24128 for an IDV of Rs.6,17,499. For this year, my IDV is stated at Rs.4,88,854 but my premium is now coming to Rs. 26551. Its a clean policy with zero claims. Is this quotation correct ?
Old 25th July 2017, 11:31   #8817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Guys need some help here. My 2012 Ventos insurance is up for renewal. This is the last year I can opt for Zero Dep. My last year (2016) premium was Rs. 24128 for an IDV of Rs.6,17,499. For this year, my IDV is stated at Rs.4,88,854 but my premium is now coming to Rs. 26551. Its a clean policy with zero claims. Is this quotation correct ?
I think thats more than expected. I got my 2016 Vento TSI insurance renewed by TATA AIG for around 22k for IDV of 6+ lacs with Zero Dep and key replacement and some other features.

What I learnt was that they bargain. Take it directly from the Insurance company. Avoid agents/middle men. Existing Bajaj Alliance had quoted 32k and when I told them that I am getting cheaper elsewhere, they directly came down to 24k within a minute.

It also depends on whether you had any claims in the preceding year.

Last edited by Mitz : 25th July 2017 at 11:33.
Mitz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 13:24   #8818
BHPian

Quote:
You could use the PolicyBazaar,com, and compare premiums from different insurers. Please make sure to opt for "Zero Depreciation".
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:43   #8819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also have a 2012 Vento (AT model). For me the quotes from the likes of Tata AIG/Bajaj Allianz for IDV of around 4.5L were around 24k mark. This was for zero depreciation insurance. I finally settled for HDFC Ergo zero depreciation policy with IDV of 5.4L and the premium I paid was 19k.
Bought the policy from policybazar. I had 35% NCB ( applicable for all quotes)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 11:17   #8820
BHPian

I have been having a problem with my Vento TSI, where I get sort of whistling sound while accelerating in gears 1 and 2 in slow moving traffic conditions.
My car has run 11k KMs now, but I have been seeing this for the last 2 months.

This used to happen only after driving for about half an hour in stop-and-go traffic. But off late its been more frequent and was seen in one of my highway runs where I saw this when came to a toll plaza after an hours drive.

Gave the car to VW service center yesterday and the SA said he has seen this reported earlier and immediately took the car for investigation without even a TD. He said they will try some software upgrade.

Today I got a call saying the software upgrade didn't help and they are going to replace the clutch assembly. I was under the impression that the whole gearbox and clutch assembly was sealed for life in the DSG TSIs. I am going to meet him later today to take the car back as it will take a week for the parts to come. I will try to understand the exact part details and what they are going to change then.

Any inputs from the experts here?
nagarjun is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks