Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2017, 12:41   #8821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I have been having a problem with my Vento TSI, where I get sort of whistling sound while accelerating in gears 1 and 2 in slow moving traffic conditions.
My car has run 11k KMs now, but I have been seeing this for the last 2 months.

This used to happen only after driving for about half an hour in stop-and-go traffic. But off late its been more frequent and was seen in one of my highway runs where I saw this when came to a toll plaza after an hours drive.

Gave the car to VW service center yesterday and the SA said he has seen this reported earlier and immediately took the car for investigation without even a TD. He said they will try some software upgrade.

Today I got a call saying the software upgrade didn't help and they are going to replace the clutch assembly. I was under the impression that the whole gearbox and clutch assembly was sealed for life in the DSG TSIs. I am going to meet him later today to take the car back as it will take a week for the parts to come. I will try to understand the exact part details and what they are going to change then.

Any inputs from the experts here?
Ask the SA to check the turbo. The whistle may be from turbo that has a defective bearing.

As the RPM in 1st and 2nd gear is normally higher than at 4th or 5th, you can check if the noise comes at higher RPM in other gears on an open highway.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 16:55   #8822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Ask the SA to check the turbo. The whistle may be from turbo that has a defective bearing.

As the RPM in 1st and 2nd gear is normally higher than at 4th or 5th, you can check if the noise comes at higher RPM in other gears on an open highway.
Thanks for the inputs, I had checked this earlier and there was no sound in higher gears. I got the car back and they have ordered the clutch assembly under warranty. I need drop the car at the service center once the part arrives.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 22:11   #8823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
I think thats more than expected. I got my 2016 Vento TSI insurance renewed by TATA AIG for around 22k for IDV of 6+ lacs with Zero Dep and key replacement and some other features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I also have a 2012 Vento (AT model). For me the quotes from the likes of Tata AIG/Bajaj Allianz for IDV of around 4.5L were around 24k mark. This was for zero depreciation insurance. I finally settled for HDFC Ergo zero depreciation policy with IDV of 5.4L and the premium I paid was 19k.
Bought the policy from policybazar. I had 35% NCB ( applicable for all quotes)
Did you both check whether engine is covered in Zero Dep? What I came to know was only Bajaj Allianz covers the engine in full. Please let me know whether that is true.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 05:55   #8824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I drive the 2016 Vento TSI with the RCD 330G car entertainment system. Over the last couple of months I have had sporadic problems with the bluetooth connection. While the bluetooth always connects and never has a problem with any controls, importing contacts or display, the sound output is zero. Absolutely no sound whatsoever when connecting through Bluetooth (phone calls or media) regarding of the volume settings.
Well, the same issue happened for the first time three days back and I tried pairing the phones again only to get error saying VW Radio out of range or switched off.
Haven't checked it again after that.
Hope to see that it gets resolved as I drive the Vento a lot and hate to live with a defunct RCD

Hopefully there's a fix cause I don't wanna replace the system.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 09:19   #8825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Well, the same issue happened for the first time three days back and I tried pairing the phones again only to get error saying VW Radio out of range or switched off.
Haven't checked it again after that.
Hope to see that it gets resolved as I drive the Vento a lot and hate to live with a defunct RCD

Hopefully there's a fix cause I don't wanna replace the system.
Sundaram Motors Chennai replaced mine under warranty. It took 3 visits and a couple of emails but they replaced it.

All it took was to replicate the issue at the service centre with a compatible phone from their list. They take a video and send it to the warranty call centre in New Delhi and after approval we get a new replacement under warranty.

I was quite satisfied with their service.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 13:12   #8826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Did you both check whether engine is covered in Zero Dep? What I came to know was only Bajaj Allianz covers the engine in full. Please let me know whether that is true.
Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG have engine cover in the policy but if I am not wrong it is only for water damage. I might be wrong though and people can correct me.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 07:35   #8827
BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG have engine cover in the policy but if I am not wrong it is only for water damage.
Accidents do damage the engine and is covered under all the insurance plans. :-)
However Bajaj Allianz claims that the engine protector in their policy is said to cover the cost with Zero Dep, while others don't.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:30   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG have engine cover in the policy but if I am not wrong it is only for water damage. I might be wrong though and people can correct me.
Bajaj Allianz engine protector add on covers accident engine damage and also water damage.
sree5999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:09   #8829
BHPian

Need one help. I have left my 2013 Vento TDI in the VW service centre, Hesaraghatta , Bangalore couple of days back to get the steering rack checked as there was some noise coming from the steering. SA confirmed that the steering rack is weak and hence I wanted to get it replaced under warranty immediately as I am in the last couple of months of my extended warranty. As per the SA, for extended warranty, they are asked to record the noise from the steering which needs to provided to Bajaj alliance for the approval of warranty replacement. For the last 2 days the service centre guys are telling me that they are not able show sufficient noise which will qualify my car for a warranty replacement. I am really not sure if it is a standard process. Shall I wait or shall I push them for the replacement? Need some advice on this as I have to take a call on this tomorrow.
DheerajNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 20:46   #8830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Need some advice on this as I have to take a call on this tomorrow.
The Warranty is provided by VW while insurance partners are Bajaj Allianz. If you are getting something replaced under warranty, I am not sure how the insurance company comes into picture. Please read the terms of the warranty and then again speak to VW guys.
skyrocket003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 21:23   #8831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
The Warranty is provided by VW while insurance partners are Bajaj Allianz. If you are getting something replaced under warranty, I am not sure how the insurance company comes into picture. Please read the terms of the warranty and then again speak to VW guys.
Yes, you are right. But when the SA explained this to me, I guessed probably VW has some kind of an insurance with Bajaj Allianz which they claim for such warranty replacements. It was just my guess. I am not sure what else might be the reason. I will talk to them tomorrow & before I do that I will go through the terms and conditions of extended warranty. I think I will have to be a little more "firm" in my discussions to get this done.
Old 12th August 2017, 10:39   #8832
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys. Got a quote on Policybazar and went ahead with HDFC Ergo with a premium of 22k.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 08:30   #8833
BHPian

We are looking for a petrol sedan with a budget of 10-12 lakh for my dad. The annual running would be around 10k with 70 percent of it on highways.

We were looking at the City V MT which is at 11.3 OTR in Chennai. Test drove it and found it ok except for the build quality and ride on poor roads (coming from an Optra Magnum 2.0).

Also checked out the Vento. TD car with 1.6 MPI MT was not available. But we liked the build and overall quality after driving a diesel. Highline plus after an overall 90k discount comes to 12.5 OTR. Will be test driving it tomorrow most probably.

We are not inclined towards the 1.2 TSI since we are little wary of the DSG issues being reported and my dad is more comfortable driving a manual.

I would like to know the following from the 1.6 mpi owners here
1. Approximate annual maintenance cost (hope the service interval is at 15k km)
2. Average city and highway FE
3. How well does the car drive? Though we don't need a scorcher of a car, the car should be comfortable cruising at 120 kmph and should not be wanting for power during quick overtaking on single lane highways.
4. Resale value. Has anyone tried selling a 1.6 mpi after 5 to 6 years of ownership?

Many thanks in advance!

PS: VW has Vento highline plus readily available in stock while City would take 2 months to deliver. This is a concern as would like to get the car before the possible GST hike to 25% on cars over 4m length.

And we would be getting a few additional features over the city V MT such as LED headlamps!
Old 13th August 2017, 09:28   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
We are looking for a petrol sedan with a budget of 10-12 lakh .
We are not inclined towards the 1.2 TSI since we are little wary of the DSG issues being reported and my dad is more comfortable driving a manual.
The DSG issues are largely sorted out and are pretty rarely mentioned these days. The missus has been driving the GT TSI since a year and a half and the experience has been pure bliss!

Try it !

Last edited by sunsetorange : 13th August 2017 at 09:29.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 09:38   #8835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The DSG issues are largely sorted out and are pretty rarely mentioned these days. The missus has been driving the GT TSI since a year and a half and the experience has been pure bliss!

Try it !
Great to know! But then as much as I'd like to have the TSI, it is also ~2 lakh more expensive than the equivalent 1.6 variant. That's put it clearly out of our strict budget.
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks