Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 07:17   #871
Team-BHP Support

I hope all these things are those initial "hitches" (though they should not happen). We need to see another 1-2 years down, if the texture of the problem remains status-quo! Then yes, we can say there is definitely an issue!

A good comparison point in future would be to see how Toyota manages with Etios (But I guess there again an advantage Toyota is involved. There presence is established in terms of production, staffing, sales etc for handling volume kind of vehicles. VW is just starting on that front.)
Old 13th October 2010, 18:25   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from VW Cochin. Some news that I never wanted to hear.

Exe - Sir, congrats your car's production will begin during the first week of Nov.
Me - Wat production and when can I expect NOW???
Exe - The order for your car will be assembled during the first week of Nov and can expect your car by the end of Nov.
Me - WHAT?? This is the third time you are giving me false promise and date.
Exe - Sir, we didnt actually expect this kind of response. So that's the delay.
Me - Ok fine. So I can expect this date to be final right?
Exe - Yes Sir. And one more thing Sir...!
Me - Now what?
Exe - Do you really want black or will some other color do?
Me - Gosh..!! Why that?
Exe - Sir, if you choose black, then the delivery will be delayed and you can expect them in May.
Me - MAY..!!! What do you mean May??? This is really horrible.
Exe - We are really sorry sir, but we can give you white or some other color.
Me - Fine, get me white but make sure you give the car by the end of Nov.
Exe - Sure sir, we shall make sure that you get the car by the end of Nov. I can assure that.
Me - Fine.

So guys from Cochin, kindly call them up and get the dates confirmed.. Else, they will definitely take you for a ride.!

Am really disappointed with VW. Need better planning and mngmt.

Cheers.!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 14th October 2010 at 22:06.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:49   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Exe - Sir, if you choose black, then the delivery will be delayed and you can expect them in May.
So guys from Cochin, kindly call them up and get the dates confirmed.. Else, they will definitely take you for a ride.!
Am really disappointed with VW. Need better planning and mngmt.
Hey naveen please call another dealer and confirm this thing. This is absurd. I went to VW showroom just yesterday( this was my second visit and I wanted to enquire about the beige colour for another BHPian). The SE clearly told me that all colours are available except blue and beige and the delivery time is around 3-4 months for the highline. The trendline model is available for immediate delivery( they have 3 of them ready at the showroom/yard according to him).
So If you are keen on black color please follow it up properly because I feel they are taking you for a ride. Just call VW West Delhi showroom and enquire yourself. Or just give a call to the SE i talked to. His name is Puneet @ 9582229179. Just pretend you are a customer from Delhi and see.
I am speechless. May. Thats like crazy.
Old 14th October 2010, 09:08   #874

Dear Experts,
Please advise on following observation.

After reading the reviews by Team-bhp members, one of the main complaints i have read is about very light steering in Vento. So yesterday i went and took test drive of both diesel and petrol variants of Vento.

First i drove diesel and i found steering is fine, not so light at all. And then i drove petro and it was horrible. Steering is extremely light and i instantly hated it.

How come diesel variant steering is not so light? Did Volkswagen guys are providing different power steering mechanism for Diesel and Petrol variants?

Did anybody notice this or is it my observation mistake?

Thanks
Krishna
Old 14th October 2010, 10:29   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey naveen please call another dealer and confirm this thing. This is absurd. I went to VW showroom just yesterday( this was my second visit and I wanted to enquire about the beige colour for another BHPian). The SE clearly told me that all colours are available except blue and beige and the delivery time is around 3-4 months for the highline. The trendline model is available for immediate delivery( they have 3 of them ready at the showroom/yard according to him).
So If you are keen on black color please follow it up properly because I feel they are taking you for a ride. Just call VW West Delhi showroom and enquire yourself. Or just give a call to the SE i talked to. His name is Puneet @ 9582229179. Just pretend you are a customer from Delhi and see.
I am speechless. May. Thats like crazy.
Thanks Mohit. Yes, I know this is absurd. The problem is that, there are very few VW dealers in Kerala. If am correct, there are only 3 VW dealers in Kerala and they too face the same problem. I had called up VW Blore (my friend is working there) and confirmed this. Any new bookings will take 3-4 months. But what I cant understand is that I had booked my car on July 25th. Way before the official booking date. They even said that am in the priority list and I come within the first 35 cars.

Moreover, I happened to see a black Vento (Petrol) yesterday. Waited for the owner and then spoke to him. He just took the car few days back and he happened to be the VW dealers cousin and moreover it's a petrol. SO got the car early. Told him about this long waiting period. He said it's true. Out of 400+ bookings from Cochin alone, 85% cars are Diesel (Highline) and out of that majority cars are black. The dealer isnt able to cope up with pressure. That's the delay.

Anyways, I had called up the showroom today morning and said that I need the car by Nov end. They promised me else they are willing to face the consequences.
Hope they would deliver it this time and not break the promise.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:43   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm thats bad. A Car is something you will use everyday so I have always been against compromising on anything on the car( and colour is too big a thing). But if you booked in july then they should give you a black colour. That time people didnt even know about the Vento that much. Its really unacceptable and I am sure sure they must be calling all the customers and scaring them to change the colour. Even if half of them change, it works out great for them.
Sometimes I just love delhi so much more
PS: I feel vento looks best in white! Best of luck to you.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:53   #877
Senior - BHPian

Its horrible. What do the VW management say about this. How many are they really producing in their plant? I don't think the booking numbers are so high that they can't supply to the demand.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:20   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Me - Now what?
Exe - Do you really want black or will some other color do?
Me - Gosh..!! Why that?
Exe - We are really sorry sir, but we can give you white or some other color.
Me - Fine, get me white but make sure you give the car by the end of Nov.
Exe - Sure sir, we shall make sure that you get the car by the end of Nov. I can assure that.
Me - Fine.
Cheers.!
I cannot believe that in this day and time a company has such an attitude. More than 4-5 months waiting for a car? And that too you do not get one of your choice. I really wonder if the car is really worth that long a wait?? I for one definitely do not think so.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 14th October 2010 at 22:06. Reason: Fixed the quote.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:25   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

@naveen- please call up their much-vaunted VW Customer Care or drop them an email at once. Since you'd booked in July, you should definitely have received the car by now AND in the colour of your choice.

Mohit is correct about the colour issue: only terra beige and whatsitcalled blue are supposed to be delayed, apparently because production starts in these colours only in Jan 2011. There is no earthly reason why black should be delayed.

I am seriously worried now- plonked down my 75 big ones last Sunday (along with God knows how many folks who'd waited for shraadh to end). All they say is "3-4 months", no matter what variant or colour you ask them for! VW is not really being professional in its handling of customers at all.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:39   #880
Senior - BHPian

My in-law booked his Polo 1.2 highline with a dealer in Kochi exactly a month back and he is taking delivery of the car next weekend. However, the color is pepper grey!

@ Naveen, 4 Months waiting it is already, are you sure you really want to give them another month? If you would like to wait, please escalate this with VW for a response.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:29   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Yea exactly my point too. You booked it in july. And getting the delivery in november( hopefully). That comes to a cool 4 months for delivering the car to one of the early bird customers. I find that horrible in itself without the added atrocity of not even still getting the colour you booked.
I guess VW literally means what they show in there advertisement - " They really dont want to sell the cars that they build "
Old 14th October 2010, 14:18   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for your comments.. I think I need to put this to VW customer care or something. Even before the unofficial booking date, I paid them 1L on the spot itself and mentioned the color too.
My dad really wants Vento and something for this price (diesel) isnt satisfying him. Else we would have gone for some other car.
Anyways guys, I shall put this to their notice and keep you guys updated.

Thanks once again.
Naveen
Old 14th October 2010, 16:32   #883
BHPian

@naveen.raju: they have a deaf customer care, nobody listens there. If you call them they will do the regular Thank you and sorry Sir. But no action after that. I have already complained regarding the dealer behavior with the customers... but all in vain

Dealer Issue - VW Downtown, Bangalore
Old 14th October 2010, 17:17   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
@naveen.raju: they have a deaf customer care, nobody listens there. If you call them they will do the regular Thank you and sorry Sir. But no action after that. I have already complained regarding the dealer behavior with the customers... but all in vain

Dealer Issue - VW Downtown, Bangalore

Oh God..! So it's useless contacting the CC.
Anyways, I have dropped a long email with the experience and also stating that me and few guys are planning to cancel the bookings in two days if didnt get the reply.
Let's hope the trick works.

Anyways, this is really bad.. Hoping to get their reply.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:50   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Do such problems crop up in USA and Europe also whenever a new car is launched there? I just wonder why not. When a company like VW decides to launch a car which they hope will succeed then why dont they also spend up some $ on establishing a good network. Isn't that a pre-requisite for ensuring a good name for your company and selling more number of cars.
Why do all the manufacturers behave in such a snobbish way?

Most Viewed