Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2017, 09:40   #8926
BHPian

Thanks El lobo fir your suggestions, i am right now at the service center and sr mechanic is analyzing the problem after doing the test drive with him.By the way i have already purchased extended warranty. Will post my feedback after i get the issue fixed Thanks again.
Old 21st November 2017, 20:59   #8927
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Take the car back to VW Workshop and ask their Senior Mechanic to accompany you during test drive along with Service Advsor. VW gear shifts are butter smooth.

Mechanic would understand and ask him to resolve the issue to best of his abilities.

Let Workshop people check it thoroughly and report back. Even if its Gearbox, they will replace it under warranty.

Yes.
Sr Mechanic tried convincing me that it is normal in vento and i might not have noticed the roughness so far, i made it very clear to him that i know my car very well and that the gear was butter smooth so far and this is the first time i am able to feel the discomfort, he took the car inside, opened the gear box and told me that he had re lubricated and removed the already done over lubrication that was done couple of days back and delivered the car to me stating that it will become alright when i drive it for days.

Not sure what he did actually but i was able to feel improvement in smoothness during gear shifts but still it is not back to the original form of "butter smoothness" and there is a slight discomfort at times:(

with respect to steering noise i faced i disagreed with their idea of lubricating the strud mounting (as lubrication did not help in the past year and eventually ended up in replacing strud mounting under warranty in Kun VW) and asked them to replace the same this time. But the SA told me that warranty team has not approved for warranty replacement as it was replaced once last year and the strud bearing is in good shape now - and hence they did some lubrication and told me there was a rubber which was inserted in between to reduce friction, not sure what was that
Now after a week the strud mounting noise had started re-appearing again at times slightly - not sure how long it is going to last

I tried reaching the SA over phone to communicate the same to him he he dint pick the call - After i moved from Kun VW to Sundaram VW, i was a delighted customer of Sundaram for the past 1+ year but this incidence of not fixing the issue and avoiding me is irritating. I am thinking of driving the car as such till the time these issues pronounces to become more loud(now it is feeble and based my observations so far i expect it to become more with usage), i am planning to take it up with a VW customer care directly and blast these guys.

The thing that makes me worried is that i had already escalated about Kun because of which they got upset and i fear that raising any more escalations about Sundaram may lead to friction between us and i will be left with only option of going ABRA VW, on whom i do nt have any good opinion.

We all vouch for and are very proud for VW machine and quality, but surprised that how come all these issues like strud mount bearing noise-for second time, rotor being worn out at 11K, gear box issue crop up at 25 K Kms , on top of it the worst part is VW service center does not want to honour warranty and replace the parts. I only wonder why did i take the extended warranty and worried of how it is going to help me when the service center is very keen in making repairs and do not want to replace under warranty.

Iam getting a feel that if i tell them i pay for the spare part, they will make the replacement immediately and my car will be back to the original form, but i think that why should i spend even after taking extended warranty and when the car is less than 2 years of age.

Last edited by anandharamanp : 21st November 2017 at 21:11.
Old 21st November 2017, 23:49   #8928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
I am thinking of driving the car as such till the time these issues pronounces to become more loud(now it is feeble and based my observations so far i expect it to become more with usage), i am planning to take it up with a VW customer care directly and blast these guys.
I would suggest the following two option:
1. Use the car until these issues become more pronounced. Visit again. Show the Sr. Mechanic the car and ask for another Vento to get a fair comparison.

2. Take the car back. Ask the SA and Sr. Mechanic to show you another Vento to get a comparison. If the car performs as per your expectation. Ask the mechanic to bring your car to same level.

Even in my car there are few noises here and there which come up sometime. I tend to ignore them. Fixing every creak will only result in more trouble. Like I was getting a faint noise from steering while going over rough road. Mechanic said we would need to dismount the dashboard to ascertain the issue. I said I'm happy to live with the noise.

If the two options fail to yield the desired result. Take it up with VW. They will help you out. Let the workshop feel bad. I too have complained to VW and that helped in getting work done by workshop as per my need.

Lastly having extended warranty is better. I did get close to 1 lac rupee replacement work done under it.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 21st November 2017 at 23:50.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 13:24   #8929
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest the following two option:
1. Use the car until these issues become more pronounced. Visit again. Show the Sr. Mechanic the car and ask for another Vento to get a fair comparison.

2. Take the car back. Ask the SA and Sr. Mechanic to show you another Vento to get a comparison. If the car performs as per your expectation. Ask the mechanic to bring your car to same level.
That's a Good suggestion. I would wait for these issues to be more pronounced because the issue that i had was fixed to major extent atleast for now and the intensity of the issue is feeble that my defense would not go down well for now.

Quote:
Even in my car there are few noises here and there which come up sometime. I tend to ignore them. Fixing every creak will only result in more trouble. Like I was getting a faint noise from steering while going over rough road. Mechanic said we would need to dismount the dashboard to ascertain the issue. I said I'm happy to live with the noise.
From what i understand from our team bhp forum is that the steering noise occurring when you go through a rough patch of road may be related to a steering column issue, so better for you to check and get it evaluated. I am confident that you being an expert (whom i follow regularly here for clarifying any of my doubts) would have ascertained all those but just thought i would share my humble suggestion

Quote:
If the two options fail to yield the desired result. Take it up with VW. They will help you out. Let the workshop feel bad. I too have complained to VW and that helped in getting work done by workshop as per my need.
Yeah will resort to this method as a final option.

Quote:
Lastly having extended warranty is better. I did get close to 1 lac rupee replacement work done under it.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:06   #8930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
From what i understand from our team bhp forum is that the steering noise occurring when you go through a rough patch of road may be related to a steering column issue, so better for you to check and get it evaluated.
Thanks for those words of appreciation. There are bhpians who are more experienced than me with VW products.

The noise was from steering area. Just above column, maybe speedometer console. Somehow it has vanished now.
Old 24th November 2017, 14:47   #8931
BHPian

I have a question about the RCD330G head unit I have on my Vento TSi,
I always have my phone connected to the car via bluetooth and I'm always streaming music through it. So when I turn the car on, the HU displays the bluetooth streaming screen automatically (since I never change the source)

BUT, sometimes. Just sometimes, I see a "Welcome to Volkswagen" screen on the HU before it goes into the bluetooth streaming screen again. The problem is, I want this welcome screen each and every time I start the car because I'm weird like that.

I've tried various ways to make it appear every time I start the car (Waiting for a few seconds after I sit in it before turning it on, turning it on instantly, turning the HU display on/off before turning the car off) but nothing seems to work. The welcome message appears and disappears at its discretion as if it's teasing me.

Can anyone help a fella out? I need to show this HU who's boss.

Last edited by DeKay : 24th November 2017 at 14:48.
Old 30th November 2017, 18:41   #8932
Senior - BHPian

Giving my Vento TDI for 120K Kms service. Any idea, when are they going to change Water pump & Fuel pump?
Old 30th November 2017, 23:12   #8933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Giving my Vento TDI for 120K Kms service. Any idea, when are they going to change Water pump & Fuel pump?
Kindly refer below link to know what all parts are to be replaced. Major being Timing kit replacement for the 1st time.

Link.

If water pump and fuel pump are working fine, why do you need to change them?
Old 1st December 2017, 08:43   #8934
BHPian

How easy is it to install/enable the following features in a 2016 Vento HL -

1. Auto window risers (to close windows on lock)
2. Autofold ORVMs on lock.
3. Install a rear view camera (I'm ok with a separate display also).

Any inputs would be very helpful
Old 1st December 2017, 10:07   #8935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kindly refer below link to know what all parts are to be replaced. Major being Timing kit replacement for the 1st time.

Link.

If water pump and fuel pump are working fine, why do you need to change them?
Spoke to my service adviser last night. He had confirmed Water pump would also be replaced as part of 120k Kms Service. Approximate cost for Timing belt kit + Water pump is 30K and 14K for the regular service.

Enquired about Fuel pump as well. They would take a call based on the condition of Fuel pump.

Little skeptical about Fuel & water pump whilst they may give up anytime soon. Most failure parts from SKODA/VW Group.

BTW. Thank you for the link.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 1st December 2017 at 10:19. Reason: 10:19
Old 1st December 2017, 10:20   #8936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Link.
Thanks for the link
My car's been seeing very less usage, and just beginning the 7th year of running (although still around 72k kms). This is a useful reference as a starting point.

Quote:
Spoke to my service adviser last night. He had confirmed Water pump would also be replaced as part of 120k Kms Service. Approximate cost for Timing belt kit + Water pump is 30K and 14K for the regular service.
Little skeptical about Fuel & water pump whilst they may give up anytime. Most failure parts from SKODA/VW Group.
Was trying to see if there are ownership threads that talk about 7th & 8th year of ownership of a TDi; don't see any being updated on the forum. Can you share the past 18 months of maintenance costs incurred?
Old 1st December 2017, 11:31   #8937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Was trying to see if there are ownership threads that talk about 7th & 8th year of ownership of a TDi; don't see any being updated on the forum. Can you share the past 18 months of maintenance costs incurred?
As of today, my car had never given up on me "Touch wood". Got it serviced regularly at VW Bangalore.

Right from the 1st service(15K Kms) till 7th service(105K Kms) the usual bill was 12-15K
8th service (120K Kms) is the major one. 14K + 30K for Timing belt Assembly.

Regular wear & tear :
------------------------
Suspension change to Bilsteins B6 65K/-
Third set of Brake pads
Second set of Tiers : Michelin's XM2+

TLC:
------
Fill up fuel in COCO filling stations.
Regular Wheel balancing & Alignment for every 7500kms
3M/Ultimate detalierz car polishing once in a year.
Old 1st December 2017, 13:08   #8938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As of today, my car had never given up on me "Touch wood". Got it serviced regularly at VW Bangalore.
Good to hear that. I'd say the same applies to my car; except for the last 12 months when I had to do the injectors. My view - if this car is used regularly without any misuse; and serviced regularly; it holds well on its own. Happy to see that hypothesis holds true in your case.

However with my work travel and my reluctance of driving the car in Mumbai traffic; the car's hardly seeing any mileage over the last 2 years. Will probably take the call to let go of it early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
How easy is it to install/enable the following features in a 2016 Vento HL -

1. Auto window risers (to close windows on lock)
2. Autofold ORVMs on lock.
3. Install a rear view camera (I'm ok with a separate display also).

Any inputs would be very helpful
1 and 3 should be easily done at a good auto-shop (not necessarily VW owned), 3 being done by several owners on and off the forum.

WRT to 1, if I remember correctly, the remote key offers this functionality where you need to keep the top button hard pressed. Give it a try, don't remember 100%. Check this thread for available features/quirks.

I always thought 2 was a luxury gimmick than a necessity. Might be tough to get it done considering the parts that would be required.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st December 2017 at 13:16.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 15:41   #8939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
My view - if this car is used regularly without any misuse; and serviced regularly; it holds well on its own. Happy to see that hypothesis holds true in your case.
That's true, specially when it comes to 'ALL' the German cars. Should be put to use regularly, else you see lot of hiccups as yours. I use my car for daily office commute and for weekend jaunts. It hardly takes rest
For sparingly use : you can vouch for Japs. Will start with half-a-crank though left idle for a month
Old 1st December 2017, 23:38   #8940
BHPian

I'm close to picking up a used Vento HL TSI 2016 model, in Bangalore. Asking price is 9.7L plus insurance. Car needs some work for dent removal, but otherwise seems fine. Does this seem like a decent price?

Also, I will be using the car sparingly - mainly on weekends. How does the Vento react to such intermittent usage? I have a Swift presently which gives me no trouble at all on this front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks