Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 20:52   #8956
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quick question on the vento TSI highline. Has there been any updates or facelift etc since April 2016 on this car? Will a car made in mid 2016 onwards have exactly the same features as one being sold in the showroom today? Planning to buy a used one if I find something good which is under 12-18 months old
Old 20th December 2017, 22:00   #8957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Quick question on the vento TSI highline. Has there been any updates or facelift etc since April 2016 on this car? Will a car made in mid 2016 onwards have exactly the same features as one being sold in the showroom today? Planning to buy a used one if I find something good which is under 12-18 months old

There is a Highline plus now with LED headlights and DRL, rain sensing wipers and HU with Android auto and CarPlay. Tyre size is now 195/55/R16
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 09:28   #8958
BHPian

I am looking at a used vento 2015, tsi automatic highline. I wanted to know how is the air conditioning with respect to delhi’s hot weather. I have heard that its quite weak and thats stopping me from buying the car. Please guide. Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 10:39   #8959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I am looking at a used vento 2015, tsi automatic highline. I wanted to know how is the air conditioning with respect to delhi’s hot weather. I have heard that its quite weak and thats stopping me from buying the car. Please guide. Thanks
Yup, don't expect Maruti/Hyundai/Tata kind of cooling. Even in Bangalore summers, I have felt that it takes quite a bit of time to cool. Once it gets there it is comfortable.

Easily manageable in Bangalore. When I take it to Kerala (which is much more hot and humid), it is even more of a trouble. But have not felt it as a deal breaker.
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:38   #8960
BHPian

I have a 2016 Vento HL TDI M/T, and after 12,000kms i feel a lot of vibrations in the steering wheel when braking at higher speeds. I guess this problem may be well known and due to worn out brake disc rotors/pads. In my case ,the brake disc rotors seem to have worn out considerably and rusted too. Is this a generic problem with VW cars. I have seen some old posts related to exactly same issues, but would like to know if these still persist. The SA told me that these are "normal " wear and tear items and are not covered under warranty. I fail to understand how the brake discs can go bad just after 12,000 kms. The car is still under warranty and am insisting on replacement free of cost. The ASC has refused , so have written to the customer care. Dont know if they will bother either.
What would be the best option ,considering if they are not replaced under warranty. It is better to go with the OEM brake disc again , or should i look for some alternatives like Brembo.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20171221_083328.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20171221_083336.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20171221_083353.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2017, 11:43   #8961
BHPian

Yes, i faced the same issue when mine was at 11.5 k kms and the ASS declined to cover them at warranty, as it is clearly mentioned in the manual that warranty is valid till 6 months or 10K kms whichever is earlier. I wrote a strong note VW CC and got them replaced with a set of rotors that was not definitely brand bew but guess it was an used and skimmed one which lasted till 26K kms on the odo , just got them replaced a week back along with a set of brake pads at a cost of 7878 INR including labour.
Old 23rd December 2017, 12:40   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Yes, i faced the same issue when mine was at 11.5 k kms and the ASS declined to cover them at warranty, as it is clearly mentioned in the manual that warranty is valid till 6 months or 10K kms whichever is earlier. I wrote a strong note VW CC and got them replaced with a set of rotors that was not definitely brand bew but guess it was an used and skimmed one which lasted till 26K kms on the odo , just got them replaced a week back along with a set of brake pads at a cost of 7878 INR including labour.
Anandha, did you go for VW brake rotors/pad or some other brand. What does VW say about the life of the rotors.
Old 23rd December 2017, 14:41   #8963
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Yes, Gautamal- i decided to go in for VW OEM ones after reading through the squealing issues ( which will be a definite irritant for me) experienced by most of fellow BHPians with Brembo rotors. brake pad which VW provide is from TVS and the rotors are the imported ones made by VW AG, Werk Kassel, Posttach (Bosnia, Herz) Since i have witnessed the life of the rotors myself, i did not check with VW on their lifetime. I tried uploading the photos from teambhp app , but it throwed up error.

Last edited by anandharamanp : 23rd December 2017 at 14:47.
Old 26th December 2017, 10:16   #8964
BHPian

Any one using Philips H7 LED Ultinon in their headlights?
If yes, what is your opinion.
Amazon is selling it for 7.5 K for two pieces so is it worth to spend 15K for both low beam and high beam?
Will VW service center help in swapping them with halogens also if I get it done elsewhere will it effect my warranty on other parts?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Old 26th December 2017, 12:12   #8965
BHPian

Hi,

I took delivery of Vento TSI on Sunday. The Vehicle Identification Sticker pasted on the manual mention the car as "POLO G 1.2". Dealer says this is ok as the car is essentially POLO GT TSI with a boot. The VIN number on the sticker matches VIN number on the corner of windshield.

Is it the same with other TSI owners? Am i missing something?

My doubt is that the Manual cover mentions polo, polo sedan, vento, ameo etc. So when manual cover, which is printed in bulk, can have mention of polo sedan and vento, an individually printed customized sticker can also hv mention of correct model.
Old 26th December 2017, 15:35   #8966
BHPian

After 4.5 years and ~78K kms of joyful ownership, i bid farewell to my '13 Vento HL TDi last week.
The car didnt give me any sort of hassle, infact it delighted us (the entire family) with exciting drives all through.

My cost of maintenance has also been minimal with only regular scheduled maintenance that averages to around Rs. 12K per 15K kms through this tenure. That is almost the same as what my friend spend on his korean make sedan (have run much lesser).

Of course warranty (2+2) did help very much, as I replaced following under warranty- Fuel Lid actuator (i understand that was a rare issue, as none else seem to have reported), A/C flow control unit (dont recall the exact name of replacement, but I reported flow wasn't proper), Engine Mount Bush (Vibration reported), Steering Rack (rattling reported)

The only exception that i recall paying was for the notorious fragile A/C vents (guess i paid it twice).

I felt the resale market too wasnt that bad for vento (atleast in my case).

For all those dropping here contemplating buying a Vento (If you've driven the car and liked it for what it is and your confusion is on cost of maintenance, spares, resale etc.), I'd confidently say 'go ahead and buy vento'. In fact compared to a '13 make the current Vento is better packaged too. However, do take extended warranty without any hesitation.

Last edited by murajith : 26th December 2017 at 15:37.
Old 26th December 2017, 18:47   #8967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi,

I took delivery of Vento TSI on Sunday. The Vehicle Identification Sticker pasted on the manual mention the car as "POLO G 1.2". Dealer says this is ok as the car is essentially POLO GT TSI with a boot. The VIN number on the sticker matches VIN number on the corner of windshield.

My doubt is that the Manual cover mentions polo, polo sedan, vento, ameo etc. So when manual cover, which is printed in bulk, can have mention of polo sedan and vento, an individually printed customized sticker can also hv mention of correct model.
My 1.5 tdi Polo from 2014 is recorded as a 1.2 tdi Polo from the earlier version. I guess one has to put up with this kind of inexact stuff in our country.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:00   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
I have a 2016 Vento HL TDI M/T, and after 12,000kms i feel a lot of vibrations in the steering wheel when braking at higher speeds. I guess this problem may be well known and due to worn out brake disc rotors/pads. In my case ,the brake disc rotors seem to have worn out considerably and rusted too. Is this a generic problem with VW cars. I have seen some old posts related to exactly same issues, but would like to know if these still persist. The SA told me that these are "normal " wear and tear items and are not covered under warranty. I fail to understand how the brake discs can go bad just after 12,000 kms. The car is still under warranty and am insisting on replacement free of cost. The ASC has refused , so have written to the customer care. Dont know if they will bother either.
What would be the best option ,considering if they are not replaced under warranty. It is better to go with the OEM brake disc again , or should i look for some alternatives like Brembo.
12000 kms is too low for the brakes to crop up issues! The rust you see on the rotors is only on the surface and is caused due to the water being poured on the wheels while cleaning! Just ask the cleaner to avoid pouring water at the wheels!

The other more likely reason is wheel alignment and balancing! If you haven't done this till now, please do it ASAP! Wheel alignment and balancing at regular intervals can improve tyre and suspension life considerably! And avoid vibrations at high speeds.

Ideally wheel alignment should be done every 5k KMS and balancing every 10k KMS- apart from wheel rotation.
Old 27th December 2017, 14:02   #8969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi,

My Vento TSI also has Polo G 1.2 on the sticker. It is probably VW internal nomenclature. Vento is a stretched Polo, so I do not worry over it.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 10:43   #8970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Any one using Philips H7 LED Ultinon in their headlights?
I'm on the lookout for this feasibility as well on my Vento with double barrel headlights. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 13:41. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks