Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 17:30   #8971
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Petrol Vento.

Check Engine Light has come on.

The cooling fan starts a few seconds after the car is switched on, and only stops about 10-15 seconds after ignition switch off. The car is not over heating, and the ambient temp is around 10 in Delhi. Everything else is fine, rpm and all. AC was not switched on.
Would probably head to the WS on 2nd now.

Any clues?
Old 30th December 2017, 19:03   #8972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Petrol Vento.

Check Engine Light has come on.

The cooling fan starts a few seconds after the car is switched on, and only stops about 10-15 seconds after ignition switch off. The car is not over heating, and the ambient temp is around 10 in Delhi. Everything else is fine, rpm and all. AC was not switched on.
Would probably head to the WS on 2nd now.

Any clues?
Either the engine is overheating or the sensor is bad.

Engine overheating can be due to water pump giving up, or clogged radiator pipes. Check if the water in radiator heats up after the fan starts. If it is cold or slightly warm, water pump may be gone.
Old 4th January 2018, 19:36   #8973
BHPian

I need a help from fellow vento owners. In the TDi model, there is a fabric under cover for the oil sump, which has come off in my car. After some googling , i found the part number to be 03L-103660C . Has anyone gone for the replacement of this part. Is there any other alternative other than using the fabric cover. I think it is some protection for the oil sump, and probably it came off after the car hit some high speed breaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-oil_sump_cover.jpg  

Old 13th January 2018, 00:11   #8974
BHPian

I am having two problems with my car. Its 1.6 TDI and completed 85K.

1) I am seeing oil drops. On checking i can see left side of engine wet and oil seems to be coming from under engine cover. Its nearby where diesel pipe is going into engine from filter. Any suggestion what it can be?

2) I was switching my right side tail light w5w bulb and do not know what i did its not turning up. Rest all of the lights are working correctly now but both tail light and front parking light of right side only are not coming. Please note when i press the brake other brake light is coming fine and i cross checked that my new bulb is fine. Something is interesting is that both tail brake and front parking of one side are gone.
I did check Fuse box diagram but not sure if there is any fuse which is covering only these two.
Old 13th January 2018, 21:16   #8975
BHPian

Went to FNG today. He checked the leak and said its not oil its diesel leaking. Adding few pics here. Does anyone else seen diesel leaking from their cars?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20180113_153631.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20180113_153622.jpg
Old 15th January 2018, 20:49   #8976
BHPian

So went to vw workshop today and showed them the leak.
The mechanic opened up timing belt upper cover and told me that high pressure diesel pump is leaking. The leak is very small and thats why I am not seeing any drop in FE and no visible change in throttle or acceleration.
Fuel is also dropping on alternator so there is a chance that alternator will go off if not fixed.

Now when looking at this SA said its very costly (imagine vw SA himself saying its costly).
On checking price they initially mentioned its price as 85,000 but later on said that since my car is Jan 2011 make and have different part number which cost 115,000. With labour of 10-12k and GST I am looking at 150000 repaired bill.

Possible reason of failure
- My last service was FNG and fuel filter was sanofi as it is also OEM. Not sure if this is the root cause but maybe.
- Few days ago my diesel tank dried out. I wanted to fill the diesel but kept thinking about something and forgot. I reached destination, Car did not stop but all diesel marking was gone and display was showing 0 km more. In fact in past I went to 0 or very low diesel multiple times. So this might also be more probable reason.

Since leak is very small I have talked with couple of FNG mechanic and they said there is a kit of seals which can be used to fix it. Only way to know is when high pressure pump is actually opened up.

BTW I have driven car today for 3-4 hours and FE kept on coming as 20 kmpl. Will try not to drive it tomorrow onwards.

In the end seems like my own mistake but seriously 150k to replace a part? VW cars are sure costly to maintain.
Learning: Fill up fuel as soon as reserve light comeup.

Last edited by karansm4u : 15th January 2018 at 20:54.
Old 15th January 2018, 21:01   #8977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Since leak is very small I have talked with couple of FNG mechanic and they said there is a kit of seals which can be used to fix it. Only way to know is when high pressure pump is actually opened up.
There was leak from high pressure fuel pump in my SX4 diesel. Maruti service centre changed O ring seal and the issue was rectified.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th January 2018 at 21:03.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 21:05   #8978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There was leak from high pressure fuel pump in my SX4 diesel. Maruti service centre changed O ring seal and the issue was rectified.
VW want to change HPFP. I will checkout FNG route. No point spending 150k on this
Old 15th January 2018, 21:39   #8979
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
VW want to change HPFP. I will checkout FNG route. No point spending 150k on this
Check out Abhi Auto in East of Kailash (please google for their number and location). They fixed my Innova pump for one fourth of what the ASS had quoted. They are Denso authorised and do get a lot of Skoda's also.

CDM
CDM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 18:30   #8980
BHPian

Yesterday during momentary lapse of attention I drove over a carelessly constructed lane divider. Attached photo shows damage to underside of the car. What is the black thing on LHS of the photo? I am not sure whether the dent on this black thingy is pre existing or due to yesterday's misadventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20180117_100234732_hdr.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2018, 13:55   #8981
BHPian

Such a wonderful car it is. Mine is a 2011 TDI with an odo reading of 110,000 Kms now. Being the work horse of the family, the car has been very reliable. No major issues except for an alternator failure once, which was an easy fix. I'm thinking of a replacement but she tells me she still got lot left in her. Hoping to keep her in my garage for another year.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:57   #8982
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Yesterday during momentary lapse of attention I drove over a carelessly constructed lane divider. Attached photo shows damage to underside of the car. What is the black thing on LHS of the photo? I am not sure whether the dent on this black thingy is pre existing or due to yesterday's misadventure.
the two circles - oil sump and exhaust pipe
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:23   #8983
BHPian

I came across a 2011 Vento Highline TSi AT ran 33000 KM in apparently good cosmetic condition. The seller is asking 4.5L in Kolkata.

What are niggles that needs to be checked out if the deal matures? And what may be expected scheduled maintenance costs?
Old 25th January 2018, 12:33   #8984
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I came across a 2011 Vento Highline TSi AT ran 33000 KM in apparently good cosmetic condition. The seller is asking 4.5L in Kolkata.

What are niggles that needs to be checked out if the deal matures? And what may be expected scheduled maintenance costs?

I would suggest to stay away from DQ200 cars when they are out of warranty, specially the petrol ones. Look for a polo gt tsi that is still under warranty.
Or look for skoda laura 1.8 tsi with manual transmission. It will blow the 1.2 tsi out of the contention and will be much more reliable.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:36   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I would suggest to stay away from DQ200 cars when they are out of warranty, specially the petrol ones. Look for a polo gt tsi that is still under warranty.
Or look for skoda laura 1.8 tsi with manual transmission. It will blow the 1.2 tsi out of the contention and will be much more reliable.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm looking for a AT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks