Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2018, 14:24   #8986
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I came across a 2011 Vento Highline TSi AT ran 33000 KM in apparently good cosmetic condition. The seller is asking 4.5L in Kolkata.

What are niggles that needs to be checked out if the deal matures? And what may be expected scheduled maintenance costs?

The automatic Vento in 2011 was a torque converter unit mated to the naturally aspirated 1.6 MPi engine. The 1.2 TSi with the DQ 200 DSG gearbox came out only towards the end of 2013. If it is a 2011 car, it is better that you stay away from it. The gearbox is reliable, but the car is now around 7 years old and has next to no features compared to what you would expect from a car in this segment (not even USB or Aux connections for the music system). Also, it is not really a very exciting engine. Another point to note is that you might face mechanical issues like worn out or aged suspension bushes and mounts pretty soon.

As for niggles, in our 2012 Vento diesel, we have had a couple of ABS sensor failures and I have had to replace the steering rack and the front struts only (at 52K KMs, no thanks to the bad roads around where I live). The car has run about 54900 KMs as of today. Our 2012 Rapid petrol manual has had absolutely no issues till date, but it has very low running and has just run 31000 KMs.

I would suggest that, if you are keen on the Vento, you look at a much newer example of the TSi. Preferably one that still has an active factory warranty or is currently at least in its extended warranty period.

The maintenance costs for the petrol Rapid are generally around Rs. 8.8K per service. If my memory serves me right, I paid Rs. 8700 for the 5th year annual service at the start of December. The diesel Vento also has similar service costs, at about Rs 9500 per service. I believe that I paid a similar amount last July for the 5th year annual service of the Vento.
VivekCherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 20:43   #8987
BHPian

My Vento TSI is due for second service. I got quote of Rs 11.5 k plus tax. Is this normal?

By the way my first service at VW East Delhi (which i hear is now moving to Moti Nagar) made a huge hole in my wallet to the tune of Rs 17k . I do not want to be fleeced anymore if I can help it.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 22:00   #8988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My Vento TSI is due for second service. I got quote of Rs 11.5 k plus tax. Is this normal?

By the way my first service at VW East Delhi (which i hear is now moving to Moti Nagar) made a huge hole in my wallet to the tune of Rs 17k . I do not want to be fleeced anymore if I can help it.
What all is included in 11k? In general sounds ok. My bills have ranged from 9-13k over 4 services.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 22:06   #8989
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
By the way my first service at VW East Delhi (which i hear is now moving to Moti Nagar) made a huge hole in my wallet to the tune of Rs 17k .
The 11.5K bill for second service seeems acceptable. But the 1st service bill for 17K, as for as I am concerned is unheard of in this segment.
GT3 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 22:40   #8990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
What all is included in 11k? In general sounds ok. My bills have ranged from 9-13k over 4 services.
Thanks for the responses.

It apparently includes AC service (?) which I plan to refuse when I actually give it for service. The service manual indicates change of pollen filter, which I feel is essential in our dusty environment.
Old 27th January 2018, 07:16   #8991
BHPian

Pollen filter replacement is fine but do not go for ac disinfection etc. Specially when your car is relatively new.
They once did it on my 5th service without asking and I pointed it out. SA was good enough to accept and remove it from bill. BTW I did not see any difference on what this ac service did
Old 28th January 2018, 08:13   #8992

Has anyone faced the issue of fuel leak through the feed pipe just above the injector. I've had this issue repeat twice over the past 3000km in 6months, latest being three days ago. Diesel was pooled over the engine block, almost an inch deep and spilling out over the back. I noticed a strong smell of fuel in the cabin and medium volume of steam rising out the side of the hood. Got the car towed to the workshop and was told it was an issue with the pipe. Is this a frequent occurrence post 1 lakh kms? I'm starting to feel the car is more hassle than it's worth at this point, last three years have cost me 20-30k per year on maintenance including replacing the clutch.. 2011 model 1.6tdi. engine is knocking as well now, got the injectors cleaned for 12k. Haven't yet received the car back post cleaning so I'm not yet aware if the knocking has been sorted or not yet.
Old 28th January 2018, 17:12   #8993
BHPian

If the fuel is leaking than there can be 2 causes either through pipe or through HPFP (High pressure fuel pump). If its pipe than it will be relatively cheap to fix. In case of HPFP than it will be 1 lakh+ for replacement from VW.
I have the same issue and going to get it check by some FNG, however in my case fuel is leaking very less like 10-15 drops per day. Go back 1-2 pages and I have also added pics.

Part no for HPFP in 2011 1.6 TDI is 03L130755S which cost 1,15,000/-

So my advice would be to get it check by FNG once and take second opinion. Based on FNG feedback take next step. In your case since its just pipe enquire from VW how much it will cost.

This specific issue does not seem frequent occurrence but I had it because of running tank empty.

Last edited by karansm4u : 28th January 2018 at 17:16.
Old 28th January 2018, 18:17   #8994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuSuresh View Post
Has anyone faced the issue of fuel leak through the feed pipe just above the injector
Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
If the fuel is leaking than there can be 2 causes either through pipe or through HPFP (High pressure fuel pump). If its pipe than it will be relatively cheap to fix.
Fuel leaking was detected last month when my cable shifter went kaput; I had got the same rectified via a bosch garage (SK Karzone - Mumbai). Cost for the pipe change was around ~7000 including labor and tax. Am out of the country, but PM me if you need to get more details; can send you the SA's details.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 28th January 2018 at 18:18.
Old 1st February 2018, 16:58   #8995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Got my car back from 120k kms service last week. The total bill came up to 46735/- This is the highest "Regular" service bill I paid so far apart from regular wear & tear whilst owning for 6.5 years. My usual bill use to be 12-14k max. per service.

These are the parts & prices that were indicated in service bill. Sorry was not able to upload the service bill.

Regular Service - 10005/-
Toothed Belt Repair kit - 10582/-
Water pump with gasket - 6161/-
V-Ribbed belt - 907/-
Fuel pump - 5895/-
Labor+C.GST+S.CGT - 13185/- (Service labor + Timing kit labor+Fuel pump labor+)
-------------------
Total Bill 46735/-

Fuel pump : I've insisted the Fuel pump to be replaced as it had crossed more than a lakh. My service adviser : "It had started to develop hissing noise saaar may give up any time". I don't want to take any chances, got it replaced.

Got my Injectors checked as well. Got a clean chit on that.
For all the fellow Polo/Vento owners, get the Fuel pump replaced as a precautionary.
Hello Ramsagar, I have a 2011 TDI vento and is due for its 120K service. The clutch has become hard and needs replacement. How is your clutch holding? What was the opinion of the service adviser

Is the toothed belt repair kit the timing belt? If so was it not changed in the 90K service?

Will it be possible to get an estimate for the clutch replacement from your SA? The quote I got from VW service center is 24K for the parts and 4K for labor. Will need to check at all car service centers.

Only thing holing me from going to all car service centers is the reliability factor. And also couple of months back VW replaced one of the injectors under warranty even when my car is out of the warranty period. This is because I serviced the car only at VW.
Old 1st February 2018, 17:21   #8996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Hello Ramsagar, I have a 2011 TDI vento and is due for its 120K service. The clutch has become hard and needs replacement. How is your clutch holding? What was the opinion of the service adviser

Is the toothed belt repair kit the timing belt? If so was it not changed in the 90K service?

Will it be possible to get an estimate for the clutch replacement from your SA? The quote I got from VW service center is 24K for the parts and 4K for labor. Will need to check at all car service centers.

Only thing holing me from going to all car service centers is the reliability factor. And also couple of months back VW replaced one of the injectors under warranty even when my car is out of the warranty period. This is because I serviced the car only at VW.
I'm running(124k Kms) on the OE clutch. It is hard as well. But trying to push as much as I can. Got the Clutch springs serviced. But the pickup is good. Able to achieve triple digits speed quickly.
As per VW: Timing belt & Water pump should be replaced at 120K kms service. Not sure why they had to replace early. Are you sure about replacement of Timing belt? Please check the bill once. Else, check the service history in the VW Service center.
I've got a quote of 40K for the replacement of BOTH Clutch & Flywheel. I think the quote you got was only for Clutch. Kindly confirm.
Ramsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:53   #8997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I'm running(124k Kms) on the OE clutch. It is hard as well. But trying to push as much as I can. Got the Clutch springs serviced. But the pickup is good. Able to achieve triple digits speed quickly.
As per VW: Timing belt & Water pump should be replaced at 120K kms service. Not sure why they had to replace early. Are you sure about replacement of Timing belt? Please check the bill once. Else, check the service history in the VW Service center.
I've got a quote of 40K for the replacement of BOTH Clutch & Flywheel. I think the quote you got was only for Clutch. Kindly confirm.
The pick up is good and there is no shudder or raise in RPM when starting from idle which are indicators of clutch failure. But the clutch pedal has become hard to press. When enquired if it can be corrected by changing the springs, cables, fluids or changing only the clutch slave cylinder. The service team suggested get it done in one go to avoid repair multiple times and also the labor charges.

The quote was for the clutch, cables, sealing gaskets, fluids and labor.

During 90K service the service adviser insisted by showing a manual from VW indicating the timing belt change requirement. I went ahead and changed it.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th February 2018 at 08:04. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:15   #8998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I have the same issue and going to get it check by some FNG, however in my case fuel is leaking very less like 10-15 drops per day. Go back 1-2 pages and I have also added pics.
1 lakh is a crazy figure for a 12 lakh car! Any updates?

Besides, how is the car generally holding up? Has performance deteriorated with time?
Old 7th February 2018, 16:25   #8999
BHPian

Is it really required to service Vento Diesel in a VW authorized service centers beyond the warranty period? Mine has completed 5 years. If not are there any real advantages in doing so?
Old 7th February 2018, 16:41   #9000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Is it really required to service Vento Diesel in a VW authorized service centers beyond the warranty period? Mine has completed 5 years. If not are there any real advantages in doing so?

The advantage of getting the service done in an Authorised Service Centre (particularly from the one belonging to the dealer) is that you can still cajole them for under warranty replacements in case of failure of components, though not sure about the success rate. I got steering rack replaced at 70% discount almost 2 years after the warranty period! You will get OEM parts and complete history of your vehicle will be available for future reference. Downside may be the cost of service.

Most Viewed