Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 23:35   #9061
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Thanks for the quick help guys! Appreciate it!

The coolant tank wasn't empty but it had half of it- that is within the required limits. Called up Abra motors and they said the coolant needs to be replaced and assured me I could drive to the service centre.

At the SC, they inspected the coolant and said that the coolant had lost its properties. That was ok to me. But my concern was the oil streaks on the top layer of the coolant. He didn't give an answer. He asked me to bring the car again tomorrow as they were too busy today. He assured me I could drive around but not more than a week.

The coolant tank also needs to be replaced as it can't be cleaned. Estimated cost is around ₹5000.
not to further add oil to the fire, but oil in coolant suggests that somewhere the oil ckt and water ckt are finding each other - not something to be brushed off - beware of the service center guy who says "coolant replaced, all ok" - he just wishes he is not the guy faced with the headache of diagnosing it, let the poor owner fight with some other service center.

Present your stand as (polite but firm) - "how come this was not known at 60k service ? surely this problem is not 3k kms old. It must have been bad much earlier. Oil/coolant etc are ground basic checks, did you guys turn a blind eye to this last time - I will not agree unless you solve where from the oil is coming into water ckt. Once diagnosed, I want to exactly see on the car, on the shop floor, what is it that you have found out"
Make sure they flush the radiator clean (not just drain and pour new fluid), any oil presence will affect the compressibility of the fluid, which is essential to operate normally.

Last edited by venkyhere : 29th March 2018 at 23:37.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 18:07   #9062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I have changed my Skoda Rapid's clutch around 93K kms. Clutch life depends on several factors like driving style, starting from zero in second gear etc. Please continue with stock clutch, if you feel it's manageable. But, what caught my eye is the price of 14K, is this only spares or also includes labor? 14K inclusive of everything is a very sweet deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Identical scenario - the car's around 78-80k kms. Was told on the last visit that it's time for a clutch replacement; it had become quite hard. However a broken clutch wire had to be replaced; which made the clutch very smooth.

Would suggest to take that route. That would be a minor expense. PM me if you want more details; got it done outside the VW network.

Btw where did you get the quote for 14k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
The life of clutch depends on the driving style and condition. If you are not noticing any drop in acceleration when you sudden accelerate your vehicle and only feeling it to be hard then only get the clutch cable replaced. It will make your clutch smooth. If any work on clutch is done then they replace the cable also. So first get the cable replaced, take a TD and then go for further work if required.
Thanks for the help guys.

So the quote I got is - 5k Clutch Plate / 5.5k Pressure Plate / 2.5k Bearings / 3k Labour - 16k. The SA said the Flywheel will be another 16k. This was at Autobahn - Volkswagen Service Centre, Kurla.

The car hasn't been driven much since almost a year / year and half. Just usual local grocery runs. The clutch feels slightly harder to engage but since I haven't driven it much, haven't noticed the difference as such. Planning to do a roadtrip soon, so will have a better idea about it. But will definitely get the the cable checked at a NextGen Bosch Service centre here in Thane also, just to get a second opinion too.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 09:47   #9063
BHPian

My 2016 Vento TSI is due for its 2nd service (30k 2 Year) next week. I had swapped the stock steering wheel with GTI pedal shift steering wheel last year.

My question is should I put back the stock steering before handing the car to the VW Service Center (BU Bhandari Wakad Pune) to avoid any warranty issues?

Having driven only 6k kms in 2 years and also the kind of driving discipline I observe, I do not see DQ200 failing in next 2 years (extended warranty period).

I have gone through a couple of cases on Team-BHP where DQ200 was replaced outside the warranty period and also with the stock steering replaced with a GTI pedal shift steering. In the worst case, I can bear the cost if denied warranty as long as the repair cost is around 1 lac.

Please advise if I am missing anything.

Last edited by meetzap : 1st April 2018 at 09:48. Reason: Indentation.
Old 2nd April 2018, 01:19   #9064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
My question is should I put back the stock steering before handing the car to the VW Service Center (BU Bhandari Wakad Pune) to avoid any warranty issues?
As long as you don't have any warranty claims with respect to steering, nothing to worry about.

Not worth the effort of taking it out and putting it back again.

Take the car for service without a worry.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 10:12   #9065
BHPian

Friends,
I am looking for following parts for my vento 1.6 petrol, I have attached here picture of it, it's actually hose pipe for coolent, of late i am facing coolent leakage issues on daily basis.
Dose any one know where can I get this hose pipe in Mumbai, I stay in thane.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20180409wa0025.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20180409wa0026.jpg  

Old 11th April 2018, 13:47   #9066
BHPian

Guys,

Can someone tell me how much would it cost to get the GTI steering wheel on my Vento and where to get this done in Bangalore? Can i get it done at the authorized service center?
Old 11th April 2018, 15:04   #9067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Guys,

Can someone tell me how much would it cost to get the GTI steering wheel on my Vento and where to get this done in Bangalore? Can i get it done at the authorized service center?
The details related to this are available in the DIY thread by moderator Ganesh.
The thread has details on cost of the GTi wheel, where to procure the GTi wheel from, as well as DIY steps for the swap (incidentally, even I procured my GTi wheel from the same seller mentioned in the DIY thread).

As to where you can get the swap done from, it is unlikely that the service center would do it for you. You might have to check other FNGs or local workshops, but to be honest the swap is fairly simple and straightforward and you can do it on your own. You can also check with places like VagTune and GermanDna, but they will surely be a fair bit more expensive than the DIY route.
Old 11th April 2018, 15:48   #9068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Friends,
I am looking for following parts for my vento 1.6 petrol, I have attached here picture of it, it's actually hose pipe for coolent, of late i am facing coolent leakage issues on daily basis.
Dose any one know where can I get this hose pipe in Mumbai, I stay in thane.
Try Shetty Motors in Vashi

Address: Plot No. 3, Vashi-Turbhe Rd, Sector 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400613

Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7PM

Phone: 022 2783 1732
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 17:00   #9069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Try Shetty Motors in Vashi

Address: Plot No. 3, Vashi-Turbhe Rd, Sector 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400613

Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7PM

Phone: 022 2783 1732
Hi,
I called them up , but they require sample part as a reference.
Old 4th May 2018, 12:26   #9070
Senior - BHPian

Have been inquiring about the cost involved in replacing Clutch for 1.6TDI. Bosch & other FNG's declare close to 10-15k involves Clutch plate, release bearings etc. None of them advise about replacement of Pressure plate.
VW advise to replace the entire assembly(Both Clutch & Pressure plate) and quotes close to 40K.
Which is right? Kindly shed some light
Old 4th May 2018, 15:30   #9071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Have been inquiring about the cost involved in replacing Clutch for 1.6TDI. Bosch & other FNG's declare close to 10-15k involves Clutch plate, release bearings etc. None of them advise about replacement of Pressure plate.
VW advise to replace the entire assembly(Both Clutch & Pressure plate) and quotes close to 40K.
Which is right? Kindly shed some light
Always replace the clutch kit as a set which consists of Pressure plate, clutch plate and release bearing, it costs around 15k.
Flywheel doesn't need replacement unless it has developed deep grooves or severe discoloration due to worn out clutch plate.
40k is for clutch kit + flywheel + labor, you can skip the flywheel replacement.
interc00led is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 15:42   #9072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Always replace the clutch kit as a set which consists of Pressure plate, clutch plate and release bearing, it costs around 15k.
Flywheel doesn't need replacement unless it has developed deep grooves or severe discoloration due to worn out clutch plate.
40k is for clutch kit + flywheel + labor, you can skip the flywheel replacement.
These expenses numbers are based on recent experiences?
Old 4th May 2018, 19:12   #9073
BHPian

I have 2012 vento TDI highline and it got 70K on ODO, now I have started hearing noise from front shockers whenever I take my car from bump. I don't know whether its about specific part or complete assembly. Can someone recommend what would be the costing if I take my car to VW service center or if any one know reliable FNG in Gurgaon.
Old 4th May 2018, 19:16   #9074
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what are the current discounts on the Highline Plus AT?
Old 6th May 2018, 13:15   #9075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Any idea what are the current discounts on the Highline Plus AT?
Last I checked, they were offering 10% off ex-showroom for 2017 Ventos and 50K off on ex-showrroom for 2018 Ventos.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed