Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 16:49   #901
Senior - BHPian

@chet1376: Heartiest Congratulations!!

Since the day I test drove this beauty, I have been possessed by it.

Please do post the initial buying experience and initial ownership experience. I am going to follow you...soon, I mean buying this car. But I might go for the Diesel.

Please do mention following factors in your review:
1) FE
2) Steering
3) Usability of the controls
4) Ingress-Egress
5) Any A-pillar issues (like SX4)
6) Any difference in power with A/C ON and A/C OFF
7) Any difference in braking with A/C ON and A/C OFF
8) How's the output of the stock music system? Are the default speakers sufficient to produce good Bass?

Hope I am not bombarding you with too many queries. But, I am seriously looking at buying Vento, hence it is good to know before hand if there is any issue/recommendation/suggestions.

Congrats again!

Drive Safe!
Old 15th October 2010, 18:55   #902
BHPian

Hi, tried searching this thread but could not find.
I see that nobody is complaining about ESP (Electronic Stability Program) not being available on this car. ESP or ESC (Electronic Stability Control) has been made a mandatory safety feature in many "developed" countries.
And it is even more reqd in Indian driving conditions which are much more unpredictable and require a safety protection in case of panic situations.
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2010, 19:07   #903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
I see that nobody is complaining about ESP (Electronic Stability Program) not being available on this car. ESP or ESC (Electronic Stability Control) has been made a mandatory safety feature in many "developed" countries.
And it is even more reqd in Indian driving conditions which are much more unpredictable and require a safety protection in case of panic situations.
Well I dont think the Vento is sold in too many countries. Infact I think its only Russia and India which have it.
Old 15th October 2010, 23:53   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
Mods & Accessories:
Tyres: Yokohama S Drive ( 205/55/R15)
Did you consider going for 16"? - Say 205-50-R16 ?. I am seriously considering Vento HL TDI and would like to explore this mod. Any one see any issues with 16"?. Next point is what to do with stock alloys!!
Quote:
Sunfilm: Llumar Steel05 ( AIR 75 for Windsheild)
Whats your take on visibility with this?
Quote:
I got 2000/tyre for the original 185/55/R15 ( I had clocked about 50 km when I upgraded the tyres). The S Drive costed me 5000/tyre.
From where did you do these in Blore?

Quote:
I don't think the cars in this segment (in India) has ESP. So I wouldn't expect any one to complain. Hope these things are made mandatory soon here in India as well!
Old 16th October 2010, 07:30   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Did you consider going for 16"? - Say 205-50-R16 ?. I am seriously considering Vento HL TDI and would like to explore this mod. Any one see any issues with 16"?. Next point is what to do with stock alloys!!

Whats your take on visibility with this?
From where did you do these in Blore?
I didn't consider 16" alloys, I feel the 15" look fine..quite liked the VW logo on the wheels. Also when I upgraded the tyres, the tyre dealer told me that he had already put 205/55/R15 on another Vento a week back and had no issues with the upgrade. That gave me some confidence to upgrade. I will definitely look at 16" alloys and 205/50/R16 sometime later, after I have clocked a few thousand KM.

I am pretty much satisfied with the visability on the AIR75. I haven't done much of night driving and driving in the rain, but on my drive from Mysore to Blore last wednesday night, I noticed that there was definite glare reduction from oncoming vehicles, and visability was not affected in rain. The only thing left is to check the heat rejection in peak summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
@ Chet1376, if haven't started an ownership thread yet, please do so at the earliest, a lot of potential buyers would be benefited from it. There is hardly any thread on the Vento.
@sachinj12, I am quite new to the Forum, not sure how to start an ownership thread. Need some HELP!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by bblost : 16th October 2010 at 11:22. Reason: Fixed the quote tags. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2010, 07:44   #906
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
@sachinj12, I am quite new to the Forum, not sure how to start an ownership thread. Need some HELP!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newthr...newthread&f=24

I would suggest you to go through the Announcements section.
Announcements - Team-BHP
Old 16th October 2010, 07:53   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
@chet1376: Heartiest Congratulations!!

Since the day I test drove this beauty, I have been possessed by it.

Please do post the initial buying experience and initial ownership experience. I am going to follow you...soon, I mean buying this car. But I might go for the Diesel.

Please do mention following factors in your review:
1) FE
2) Steering
3) Usability of the controls
4) Ingress-Egress
5) Any A-pillar issues (like SX4)
6) Any difference in power with A/C ON and A/C OFF
7) Any difference in braking with A/C ON and A/C OFF
8) How's the output of the stock music system? Are the default speakers sufficient to produce good Bass?

Hope I am not bombarding you with too many queries. But, I am seriously looking at buying Vento, hence it is good to know before hand if there is any issue/recommendation/suggestions.

Congrats again!

Drive Safe!
Thanks ajay_satpute. I have posted my inital buying experience at VW Downtown ( Elite Motors, Bangalore )
Check the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ngalore-2.html

I am extremely satisfied with my choice of car. Haven't driven enough to comment on ownership experience

FE - I managed 15 km/l on my first highway drive ( have clocked about 700 km till date )

Steering feels a bit light, needs some getting used to

Usability of the controls - I feel that they are quite simple and easy to use, just not had the time to explore all of them

No issues with the A-pillar, it does not hamper visibility.

Couldn't feel any difference in power with/without A/C.

The output of the stock music system is nothing great, if you are a music lover, need to upgrade.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:31   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well I dont think the Vento is sold in too many countries. Infact I think its only Russia and India which have it.
I am referring to the regulation in several countries that makes it mandatory to have ESP/ESC. It has nothing to do with any particular car model being sold in that country or not.
And, by the way, even Vento is being sold with ESP in Russia.
My argument is: When a technology called ESP is already commercially available in the (world) market, that too as OEM, why should we not have it, atleast as an option? Linea does have it, but ANHC does'nt.
Personally, even I am sold out on Vento, but will wait for an year before booking one.
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2010, 15:18   #909
BHPian

Quote:
My argument is: When a technology called ESP is already commercially available in the (world) market, that too as OEM, why should we not have it, atleast as an option? Linea does have it, but ANHC does'nt.
Linea has ESP? I dont think so or at least it wasnt available in feb 2009 when i bought her. I thought ESP is available in 13-14+ bracket.
Old 17th October 2010, 16:37   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ESP is a very important safety feature, sadly none of the cars in this segment offer this safety feature. Even much more expensive cars like Honda Accord(2.4), CRV, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour etc do not have ESP.

Curtain Airbags are also very important part of safety kit which is found missing in Majority of the cars sold in our country. Some manufacturers offer these equipment in just one variant to flaunt it in brochures and advertisements(Like Hyundai i20, which has curtain airbags in only one variant of 1.2. More powerful versions like the 1.4 P and Diesel do not have curtain airbags equipped variant).

Quote:
When a technology called ESP is already commercially available in the (world) market, that too as OEM, why should we not have it, atleast as an option? Linea does have it, but ANHC does'nt.
Personally, even I am sold out on Vento, but will wait for an year before booking one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Linea has ESP? I dont think so or at least it wasnt available in feb 2009 when i bought her. I thought ESP is available in 13-14+ bracket.
Neither Linea nor City has ESP. The cheapest car to come with ESP is Tata Aria followed by top end variants of Laura and Jetta.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th October 2010 at 17:28.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2010, 19:11   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
As far my knowledge goes fixing of High Line fog lamps on to the Trendline model is not possible for the VW Polo. I am not sure whether the same holds good for the VW Vento.
Booked Vento Highline diesel !!!

Also checked on upgrading the fog lamps on the Trendline variant, the dealer (Volkswagen Palace Cross, Bangalore) says that they would have to change the entire front grill, as well as the switches... This would cost approximately 20-25K. If they fog lamp upgrade is done through a VW dealer the warranty wont be void
Old 17th October 2010, 19:31   #912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am referring to the regulation in several countries that makes it mandatory to have ESP/ESC. It has nothing to do with any particular car model being sold in that country or not.
And, by the way, even Vento is being sold with ESP in Russia.
Linea does have it, but ANHC does'nt.
Personally, even I am sold out on Vento, but will wait for an year before
booking one.
Right but if its sold in only 2 countries, then it does not have to abide by any regulations of several countries which make it mandatory.

Its good the Vento has it in Russia, but I doubt we will see it here. It will bring the cost up and VW seems to be skimping on a couple of features to bring down the costs.

And the Linea does not have ESP.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th October 2010 at 19:33.
Old 17th October 2010, 19:57   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I think you are right. In India, even Linea does not have ESP.
But let us keep it on our wishlist, and I'm sure we will get it some day, sooner than expected. Just like ABS, EBD, Airbags have slowly percolated to the lower segment models...even the hatchbacks.
The cost of ESP, just like any other software lies in it's R&D, once mastered, there's hardly any incremental cost of implementation.
Old 17th October 2010, 23:52   #914
BHPian

Lot has been said / posted, compared... Still its difficult to just convincingly ignore the segment leader Honda City when compared with Vento.
I have shortlisted Honda City AT and VW Vento Diesel MT as my next buy and am thoroughly confused. :-) Some decisive points -

1. I am extremely fond of VW Vento (Diesel), the car is just superb! But the thought of after sales support (courtesy experiences with the my Skoda) scares me. Nothing much has been said about the VW *** yet!!

2. My daily drive (in Bangalore traffic) is not really a long one (may be 10-15 kms a day) with occassional long drives (600+ kms may be every 3 months). So diesel is not really a necessity, but Vento Petrol is no good and Diesel's running cost is attractive. The Honda City AT is an option.

3. If I go for a petrol engine, I would rather go for Honda City AT, though I am not a big ANHC enthusiast. No offence to the superbly refined engine, I am just not Honda type!

Please express your opinions on comparison between Vento Diesel / Honda City AT that I must consider before booking either.
Old 18th October 2010, 01:04   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyabhushan View Post
Lot has been said / posted, compared... Still its difficult to just convincingly ignore the segment leader Honda City when compared with Vento.
I have shortlisted Honda City AT and VW Vento Diesel MT as my next buy and am thoroughly confused. :-) Some decisive points -

1. I am extremely fond of VW Vento (Diesel), the car is just superb! But the thought of after sales support (courtesy experiences with the my Skoda) scares me. Nothing much has been said about the VW *** yet!!

2. My daily drive (in Bangalore traffic) is not really a long one (may be 10-15 kms a day) with occassional long drives (600+ kms may be every 3 months). So diesel is not really a necessity, but Vento Petrol is no good and Diesel's running cost is attractive. The Honda City AT is an option.

3. If I go for a petrol engine, I would rather go for Honda City AT, though I am not a big ANHC enthusiast. No offence to the superbly refined engine, I am just not Honda type!

Please express your opinions on comparison between Vento Diesel / Honda City AT that I must consider before booking either.
Is there a specific reason you think Vento Petrol no good? I test drove both the ANHC AT and the Vento AT and performance wise didnt find anything major to seperate the two!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks