Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2018, 13:44   #9151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Question on the Vento's Child Lock feature - In a friends 2017 Polo, if the driver uses his panel button to lock all doors from the inside, then the back seat doors do not open from the inside, unless the driver unlocks them. Expected behavior for a Child Lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
So looks like for the 2016 cars, it was changed to 2 pulls on the lever to open
In my 2016 Polo if I lock form the driver door handle, the front passenger can open with one pull of the door opening lever. Rear passengers can open with 2 pulls.
If I have turned on the child lock for one or both the rear doors (by inserting the car key in the rectangular hole in the rear doors), then that particular door/doors will not open from inside.

If in 2017 cars, the rear doors don't open at all as you say unless the central locking is released, then I guess it is to reduce the driver's effort of manually engaging the child lock. Also there is no chance for any mishaps because of a naughty child and a forgetful driver. However, the driver gets an additional task of unlocking rear doors from his door handle whenever a rear passenger has to get out of the vehicle. It can be irritating to the driver and the rear passengers. But it may become a habit over time.

Anyway, if this is the case, then the manual child locking mechanism on the rear doors are rendered useless. It can be removed and it may be a cost saving measure who knows? Just check in your friend's Polo if the manual child locking mechanism is there on the rear doors or not.

On the contrary, if I imagine the worst, such a Polo taxi may be unsafe for rear passengers with a rogue taxi driver at the wheel!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 13:46   #9152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post

After two days I get a call from them, that my car is ready. Both the injectors were overhauled. No replacement required now. Went and checked the car. All looks good. Total cost: Rs. 4500 only. I couldn't be more happy.
This is great news. Since injector failure and EGR failure are the biggest nightmares of a Vento 1.6 TDI owner.

-------------------------------------

Also, good news for all Vento owners, is that the front LH & RH Brake rotors, full set brake pads and the labour for the brake overhaul and change of parts is only 5,500 total.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:05   #9153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Injector failure - 2011 Vento TDI - 1,16,000 KMS

Last week while driving, my Vento suddenly became sluggish on performance. Took it straight away to the VW workshop and they said the injector (No.4) have gone kaput and needs to be replaced. Estimate cost Rs. 25,000.

After two days I get a call from them, that my car is ready. Both the injectors were overhauled. No replacement required now. Went and checked the car. All looks good. Total cost: Rs. 4500 only. I couldn't be more happy.
I have the 2011 TDI and thankfully, not a single engine issue so far. I just had my fingers crossed that the injectors don't fail. There have been no signs so far.

Good to know that the injectors can be overhauled! Gives me great peace of mind

Last edited by nileshch : 7th September 2018 at 09:09. Reason: spelling
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:10   #9154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
This is great news. Since injector failure and EGR failure are the biggest nightmares of a Vento 1.6 TDI owner.
Is the problem solved with 1.5 TDi ? Or does it also face the same problems ?
Old 10th September 2018, 08:35   #9155
BHPian

Re: VW Vento - Lock carrier broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
I just had to replace the Lock Carrier, and didn't have a need to replace the entire assembly.
Do you have a sump / engine guard on your car already? As my car is an older version (2012), sump / engine guard never came with it. But I have heard that they sell it along with lock carriers.
Old 10th September 2018, 11:16   #9156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In my 2016 Polo if I lock form the driver door handle, the front passenger can open with one pull of the door opening lever. Rear passengers can open with 2 pulls.
If I have turned on the child lock for one or both the rear doors (by inserting the car key in the rectangular hole in the rear doors), then that particular door/doors will not open from inside.
!
My 2014 August vento has the same behaviour as above. So this change seems to be have been introduced from 2014 onwards-atleast.
Old 10th September 2018, 11:24   #9157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, good news for all Vento owners, is that the front LH & RH Brake rotors, full set brake pads and the labour for the brake overhaul and change of parts is only 5,500 total.
Definitely good news. Dhanush, can you please share the snap of the invoice? It will have the details of the part numbers as well.
Old 10th September 2018, 11:42   #9158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Definitely good news. Dhanush, can you please share the snap of the invoice? It will have the details of the part numbers as well.
Sorry Gannu, I dont have it with me. I dont keep service bills, since VW has it in full detail, whenever I want, the SA has assured to give me the full details or part. But, if you want, I can ask the SA to send me the part numbers?
Old 10th September 2018, 11:44   #9159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry Gannu, I dont have it with me. I dont keep service bills, since VW has it in full detail, whenever I want, the SA has assured to give me the full details or part. But, if you want, I can ask the SA to send me the part numbers?
The part numbers for the rotors and the pads along with the prices. Thanks.
Old 11th September 2018, 23:52   #9160
BHPian

Re: VW Vento - Lock carrier broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Do you have a sump / engine guard on your car already? As my car is an older version (2012), sump / engine guard never came with it. But I have heard that they sell it along with lock carriers.
Yes, that is right. I had to replace the lock carrier in my 2012 Rapid in 2016 and it came as a kit which included the sump guard like in the initial lots of Polo and Vento.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:35   #9161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Q : 'our manufacturing costs are high, find ways to reduce the cost'
A : 'lets get rid of the oil sump guard - nobody will notice anyway. We can sell more oil sumps and oil filters, and dealers love the margins on oil sump replacement - win-win'
Q ; 'indian road conditions, isn't something like this a bit too much'
A : 'indian customers are ready to be taken for a ride - consumer rights is a joke here anyway'
are we all are agreed then ? ok ? done.

unscrupulous, unethical and downright disrespectful.
Old 18th September 2018, 18:03   #9162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I have the 2011 TDI and thankfully, not a single engine issue so far. I just had my fingers crossed that the injectors don't fail. There have been no signs so far.

Good to know that the injectors can be overhauled! Gives me great peace of mind
Absolutely!
The thought that injectors can be overhauled gives immense peace of mind especially once the car is out of warranty.

The below threat gives the details of the FNG (Saravana Diesels) who specializes in diesel injector overhauling in Bangalore. It might be a good idea to just visit and do a preventive check of injectors.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...replacing.html (Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing)
Kiterunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 17:36   #9163
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this thread. This is useful!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 17:20   #9164
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So VW donates a Vento and below is the entire press release. I don't usually post on such things.

But just look at that key! Love VW's attention-to-detail
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vw.jpg

Quote:
Pune, September 20, 2018: Volkswagen India signed a MoU with Symbiosis Skills and Open University (SSOU), Pune today to donate a Vento to the students of the university. The Vento will be used in SSOU lab for educating students enrolled in the automobile stream. Dr. Andreas Lauermann, President and Managing Director, Volkswagen India Private Limited and Dr. Swati Majumdar, Pro-Chancellor, Symbiosis Skills and Open University were present for the signing ceremony.

Volkswagen India runs the Volkswagen Academy with the intention of creating skilled workforce in various areas of manufacturing. The Academy works towards creating highly employable workforce through several programmes that it runs within the Volkswagen Pune Plant and through various tie-ups it has with different educational institutes.

Symbiosis Skills and Open University is Maharashtra’s first skill development university to offer different courses in skill development sector. Skill gap is a reality for companies across sectors in India and it is all the more prevalent in the manufacturing sector. It is to address this gap that Volkswagen India Academy takes a step forward by handing over the modern Vento to SSOU for its students to have hands-on learning. The Vento will be used to impart training and understanding of car technicalities like electrical systems, vehicle dynamics, safety engineering, strength of material etc.

Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Andreas Lauermann, President and MD, Volkswagen India Private Limited said, “We are glad to associate again with the Symbiosis family. In order to take the next step towards becoming a global hub for the automobile sector, India needs to acknowledge this skill gap issue and take collective measures by involving all relevant stakeholders. As corporates we are more attuned to the changing market dynamics and have therefore taken this initiative to do our bit to ensure India’s young are prepared with the right set of skills to face new challenges in the auto industry. I hope that they directly benefit from this hands-on learning.”

The Vento handed over to SSOU was branded in the Think Blue. Factory. colours – a programme that is concerned with efficiency improvements in production and the expansion of environmentally aware energy supplies addressing all employees at the production facilities of Volkswagen worldwide. As a part of the Think Blue. Factory program, Volkswagen Pune plant have already applied several eco-friendly processes and have achieved more than 30% reduction by end of last year. The target of the plant is to achieve 45% reduction in the impact on environment due to manufacturing processes by 2025.

Dr. Swati Majumdar, Pro-Chancellor, Symbiosis Skills and Open University said, “We are pleased to have got an opportunity to associate with Volkswagen again. Through this association with Volkswagen India, the students will get an opportunity to learn and get further knowledge on the automotive industry. We would like to thank the Volkswagen team for giving us and the students at SSOU an opportunity to be associated with the Volkswagen Academy. We look forward to such academic-industry partnerships.”

Volkswagen Academy and SSOU had collaborated earlier this year to create a unique module for Volkswagen workmen who have been promoted as front level supervisors with the aim to mould them into future team leaders. The focus of the module will revolve around bridging the gap between formal diploma education and actual competency possessing of the participants by developing business communication skills, better in-depth understanding of organizational and manufacturing systems etc. This MoU is a further development to the earlier collaboration. The company wishes to strengthen their commitment towards the Skilling India program progressively going forward.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 17:49   #9165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So VW donates a Vento and below is the entire press release.
Looks like the pre-facelift model ! Hence making it atleast 3 years old right ?

Not Cool VW !
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks