Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 15:27   #9211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
How is the 1.5L Diesel? I don't think it has to undergo the emission scandal surgery!
A friend recently purchased the TSi; she's loving it. No views on the 1.5L diesel. Emission scandal is the least of your worries; IMO the declining interests of VW group in the Indian market is more to worry. The recent handover of VW India to Skoda head (IMO) signals a negative turn for the firm.

But then I guess that's a generic view; might not bear any impact. Wrt to the vehicle, I'll let others comment.
Old 6th December 2018, 09:12   #9212
BHPian

I have got last 2 services of my car done from FNG. Its a much better experience than going to service center besides mine is 1.6TDI and do not want to take any chance with software upgrade (Who knows even if i ask them not to do they do it anyway and say sorry later on!!

Next service is coming in 20-25 days, till now i used to get these filters from Metro Spare parts Malviya Nagar and do not have much to complain. However this time i was wondering to go for genuine VW parts for servicing (Fuel Filter, Air filter, Oil filter).

Does anyone has any idea how i can get these parts from VW service center in Delhi NCR? Or any contact?
Old 6th December 2018, 13:27   #9213
BHPian

Hi Guys
I have almost finalized a Vento TDI Highline - however , there's one issue I wanted to confirm , and that is of spare parts availability for Vento diesel - beyond 2021 ;
Reason being - after BS VI Fuels come into play in India , VW Vento will be replaced by Virtus (New Vento) by around 2021 , and it will most likely be a petrol only model ;

As per media news - VW does not want to upgrade 1.5L TDI with Diesel particulate Filter and make it ready for BS VI , since it will increase the cost by at least 1.6L , or more ;

So I am a little worried about Vento Diesel spare parts availability in the long run - I have also put forward the question to the dealership , but does anyone in Forum have any idea ? Or maybe any contact / mail ID to confirm this from VW India directly ?

Disclaimer: The news of VW Vento replacement and it's probable date of launch , or details of variants etc. are taken from this forum and online media only, such as this link below - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...nveiled-4.html (Virtus, the 2018 VW Polo sedan (Vento replacement). EDIT: Now unveiled) ;
Old 7th December 2018, 01:40   #9214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
So I am a little worried about Vento Diesel spare parts availability in the long run - I have also put forward the question to the dealership , but does anyone in Forum have any idea ? Or maybe any contact / mail ID to confirm this from VW India directly ?
Polo and Vento are bread/butter model for VW and for their workshops. If they can't service them, then workshops will run out of business which VW wouldn't wan't.

2021 is far away. Go ahead with your purchase.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 21:15   #9215
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
I have almost finalized a Vento TDI Highline - however , there's one issue I wanted to confirm , and that is of spare parts availability for Vento diesel - beyond 2021 ;
Reason being - after BS VI Fuels come into play in India , VW Vento will be replaced by Virtus (New Vento) by around 2021 , and it will most likely be a petrol only model ;

As per media news - VW does not want to upgrade 1.5L TDI with Diesel particulate Filter and make it ready for BS VI , since it will increase the cost by at least 1.6L , or more ;

Disclaimer: The news of VW Vento replacement and it's probable date of launch , or details of variants etc. are taken from this forum and online media only, such as this link below - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...nveiled-4.html (Virtus, the 2018 VW Polo sedan (Vento replacement). EDIT: Now unveiled) ;
The reason I sold 1.6 TDI and bought Vento TSI. in terms of driving dynamics TDI is far ahead of TSI but as you age you really don't need that much fun factor rather convenience of Automatic and tension free long run of your belongings. I'm not trying to influence your decision, but just I'm adding my view.
driveup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 01:49   #9216
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I sold 1.6 TDI and bought Vento TSI
As long as it's a petrol sedan - nothing beats Honda City - IMHO

Quote:
2021 is far away. Go ahead with your purchase.

and my thoughts too !! I will be happy with a TDI as long as I get support and spare parts from VW in the long run ; Nevertheless , I am going to have a chat with dealership (and VW India , if possible) before I pick up the tab ;
Old 9th December 2018, 10:10   #9217
BHPian

Battery conked off yesterday after close to 4 years. Planning to go for Amaron. Is it 45ah or 60ah for Vento TSI?
Old 10th December 2018, 09:53   #9218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Battery conked off yesterday after close to 4 years. Planning to go for Amaron. Is it 45ah or 60ah for Vento TSI?
Confirmed and replaced with Amaron 45ah battery from batteryhouse for Rs.4100 including 4 years warranty.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:19   #9219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be happy with a TDI as long as I get support and spare parts from VW in the long run ; Nevertheless , I am going to have a chat with dealership (and VW India , if possible) before I pick up the tab ;
VW (for that matter any other manufacturer) is bound to provide support to its customers - be it service or spares - for all the cars sold by it for a reasonable period of time. In this situation, if you buy the extended warranty then that gives you a commitment from VW till 4 years atleast. And they have also launched the add-on warranty for VW cars, which provides cover till the 7th year of ownership. Guess, that should adequately put to rest your concerns of the support expected from VW.

The Vento TDi Highline is a gem of a car, go for it

By the way, are you planning for the manual or the DSG variant ?
Old 14th December 2018, 21:33   #9220
BHPian

Quote:
Agree, Honda rev free engine combined with variable valve is good combination, On the other hand Vento has Direct injection with turbo power. Both are of different league and will satisfy different taste people. I owned Civic and Accord earlier, hence i'm also a fan of Honda engine.

Last edited by bblost : 14th December 2018 at 21:43. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 14th December 2018, 22:23   #9221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

and my thoughts too !! I will be happy with a TDI as long as I get support and spare parts from VW in the long run ; Nevertheless , I am going to have a chat with dealership (and VW India , if possible) before I pick up the tab ;
For some one who moved from City to TSI(Mainly for DSG), i disagree, vento is much more fun to drive, even while it is an Auto. City though was much more spacious and more classy.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:41   #9222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Injector issues were only with the 1.6 engines produced between 2011 and 2012; the VW recall (silent, not announced) was for the vehicles belonging to those period only. EGR issue possibly is also for that period based cars only; but not sure. However it's well established, if this comes up; a FNG approach works just fine. Either way, don't think I have noticed either of the issues coming up for vehicles beyond 2012 based.
Dear Ventoheads

I know most of you are proud owners of your Ventos (self included) however the injector issue has bugged me for the last 2 years. Apologies for being so silent on this forum since I moved bag and baggage down under but still have the Vento around which my extended family use sparingly. Coming back to the injector issue, I had to have 2 of them replaced in 2016. While I paid for one of them I asked VW to replace the 2nd free of cost. I cannot imagine for what reason such an expensive piece of equipment conks off only after 55000 kms and mine is a 2011 highline 1.6 TDI. At that point I had asked the dealer to replace the remaining two injectors and they said they cannot replace them unless they are found faulty or conk off. Their excuse was poor fuel quality. I had challenged them if the fuel quality was the issue then all the Vento 1.6 TDIs would have reported the same problem. Clearly that is not the case. Neither am I aware of the petrol pump owners having any secret pact around specially pumping dirty diesel only in my Vento.

Now the 3rd injector has conked off and I gave a piece of my mind to the service center. After reading the posts here it doesn't seem that every Vento TDI has this problem. Seems like another long email chain with the VW management is in the offing as for sure I don't want to pay for injector replacements. I swore off VW cars and I am going to stay away from them till the cows come home. But for now any insight or help in terms of evidence to support the view that only a few Vento 1.6 TDIs have had this issue will give me ammunition to fight the dealer and VW India.
Old 17th December 2018, 23:26   #9223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
But for now any insight or help in terms of evidence to support the view that only a few Vento 1.6 TDIs have had this issue will give me ammunition to fight the dealer and VW India.
There's absolutely no need for you to pay for injector replacements from your pocket as this is a well known failure prone part in 1.6 TDIs, esp the earlier ones. Raise hell in social media and other platforms if need be, but do not pay a single penny for this well known manufacturing defect. Skoda had issued a technical advisory in connection with the warranty replacement of injectors. This would be applicable for VW as well.
Have a look at the following thread:
Skoda Advisory - Rapid's Fuel Injection System

Some related threads:
A case of unreliable Volkswagen Ventos (2010 - 2012)
Prevention of Injector Failure in VAG Group Cars
Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing
BigBrad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 18:57   #9224
BHPian

I always put AC on recirculation mode in my Vento, which means block outside air from coming in. However I still get to smell those big drains and petrol diesel fumes. Is this normal for Vento? I want to totally cut off the Delhi polluted air.
Old 18th December 2018, 19:11   #9225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
But for now any insight or help in terms of evidence to support the view that only a few Vento 1.6 TDIs have had this issue will give me ammunition to fight the dealer and VW India.
Sorry to hear about this but I don't believe it's only a problem with a limited Ventos; unless you are ok to consider the batches released in 2011-2012 as "few".

My other view on this is the injectors (from Ventos in those batches) are working fine for workhouses; it's those who have reduced usage seem to get the problems. Anyway that's just a hunch.

As for the remaining 3rd and 4th injector, well if you are lucky to get goodwill benefits from VW, then nothing like it. But more than replacement, repair seems to be possible - there have been several (Bangalore based) posts of owners getting the injectors repaired at a fraction (4-5K) of the cost incurred in replacing them. Suggest you do a search and reach out to those owners, while your process with VW Kolkata continues.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 18th December 2018 at 19:38.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed