Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2019, 02:25   #9316
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Ok. So basically i handed over my Vento to an FNG for the 2 center vents issue (no air flow) that i was facing since last few days.

Today i received a call from the FNG that the issue has been fixed. Motor and other parts are intact and functioning well. However they said they had to open the dashboard to fix the air flow direction for center vents which was caused due to some displacement of some part within.

Besides that they have filled some gas for ac cooling which would cost me Rs. 800.

However for opening up the dashboard and rectifying the issue, the labor cost they would charge me is rs. 3200. That's what my concern is. The labor cost seems to be on a higher side.
Old 30th April 2019, 16:04   #9317
BHPian

The ABS light on my car (Vento TDI 1.6) has been coming on intermittently for the last few days. So today i scanned using VCDS cable and it looks like the right rear wheel speed sensor is causing the problem.
Does anyone know the part number and the manufacturer?
Can i source it from outside or do i have to go to VW service centre for this?
Old 30th April 2019, 23:34   #9318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
So today i scanned using VCDS cable and it looks like the right rear wheel speed sensor is causing the problem.
I know for front wheel sensor which I got replaced recently.

Part Cost: 3077 + 28% GST
Labour cost: 962 + 18% GST

My preference VW Workshop.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 09:13   #9319
NH6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
The ABS light on my car (Vento TDI 1.6) has been coming on intermittently for the last few days. So today i scanned using VCDS cable and it looks like the right rear wheel speed sensor is causing the problem.
In Q3 2018, my 2013 Vento TDi HL, 55k kms Odo, faced a similar issue with the rear wheel sensor. I replaced it thru FNG in Thane @ 2700 all inclusive. I do not have part number handy.
NH6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 17:02   #9320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFanatic View Post
Ok. So basically i handed over my Vento to an FNG for the 2 center vents issue (no air flow) that i was facing since last few days.
I'm facing the same problem with my 2011 Vento. Haven't gone to a garage yet. Can any BHPian throw some light on this issue
Old 1st May 2019, 17:51   #9321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
I'm facing the same problem with my 2011 Vento. Haven't gone to a garage yet. Can any BHPian throw some light on this issue
In my case i was lucky enough to not have any sort of fault in any part within. The part which controls the air flow direction moved from its position due to some jerk or something and had to be re-positioned back to its place. The vents work as required now in my Vento.

So just get it diagnosed by some trustworthy FNG/VW service center and hope for the best.
SpeedFanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 22:31   #9322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
How old is your TSi and what how much have you driven till date?

The peculiar sound during acceleration just after braking OR during bumper to bumper traffic is quite synonymous with some of the issues reported in this post.

Don't want to sound any alarm signals before knowing more info, but I would suggest to get the car thoroughly checked in view of the above.

Unless there is a significant breakdown indication, you might not get a warning light on the MID. Anyway, if the car is being driven by somebody else, you may want to suggest them to keep a watchout. For quick reference, you may want to go through this post as well to know more about warning indicators for a supposedly DSG related issue.
Thanks for your feedback. I went to the service center and after a long test drive they were able to observe the issue. After doing all the checks, they said the flywheel need to be replaced. Luckily I had taken the extended warranty. Recently got the car back and the bill says multiple clutches and flywheel were replaced. Total bill was close to 1,10,000 but paid nothing due to warranty. Hope the car will run for long time without any issues as the warranty is coming to an end in few months time.
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:12   #9323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I know for front wheel sensor which I got replaced recently.

My preference VW Workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH6 View Post
I do not have part number handy.
Since yesterday was a holiday i decided to do some DIY. I jacked up the wheel and removed the sensor and cleaned it and the ring. It took me a good 2 to 3 hours. I then cleared the fault codes using VCDS. So far it has not come back but i have just driven 10km. Once i drive for a couple of hundred kilometers i will update.

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 2nd May 2019 at 14:14.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:28   #9324
BHPian

Hi,
Need to replace bump stop rubber in my vento , need information as to where can one buy online.
I need to replace bump stop in my rear section.

thanks
Uday
Old 6th May 2019, 12:41   #9325
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help from Vento Diesel Owners (for 2012 models preferably).

I am looking to buy a 2012 Diesel highline. The car is done about 70K.

Are there any issues I should look for specifically for this car with this running?

Is VW Vento a good buy in todays market?
Old 6th May 2019, 12:47   #9326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hi,
Need to replace bump stop rubber in my vento , need information as to where can one buy online.
I need to replace bump stop in my rear section.

thanks
Uday
Don't think there are local online options, but aliexpress and eBay UK might get you alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

I am looking to buy a 2012 Diesel highline. The car is done about 70K.

Are there any issues I should look for specifically for this car with this running?
Risky route unless you know the vehicle ownership in detail or atleast can rely on the owner. 2011-2012 diesels have the injector and EGR issues so you need to validate that with the owner and a reliable FNG garage.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:27   #9327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
If the below (Part no 1J0512131) is what you are refering it you can get it from a local auto parts store (or) order on Boodmo. Message me if you can't find, I can ship a pair to you.

Rear Bump stop
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 21:31   #9328
BHPian

I need the fellow Ventopians help on two queries I have.
  1. Between 1100 to 1300 rpm the engine sound is harsh, particularly when I drive in the 4th gear. This is after the emission fix that had been done in 2017. Lived with it, till beginning of this year as the felt material covering below the engine kept the noise low. However I lost that in an incident when I went to Munnar and now the noise is audible enough to be annoying. Did anyone experienced the same issue? If so, how did you fix it?
  2. Where can I get the felt material engine covering and how much does it cost?
Planning for a trip in next couple of weeks. Any response before that would be of great help.
Old 16th May 2019, 00:47   #9329

Issue with my new Vento TDI DSG

I have taken the delivery of my new Vento TDI DSG a month ago and since then have been facing pain in my right knee. There are basically 3 issues i have been facing.
1. Accelerator being close to the floor and having to press it hard in order to extract power out of it is taking a toll on my right knee.

2. The gap between the accelerator and the break (which is more protruded compared to the accelerator) is forcing me to lift my foot each time i need to press the break. This is making it impossible to drive by resting my foot on my heel.

3. As is the case with all sedans, the low height of the driver seat (even with the seat pulled up to the maximum) is forcing my right knee to be bent all the time hardly allowing it to have any under thigh support.

Is there any solution where i can have the accelerator pulled up to the level of the break while mitigating the need to press the accelerator as hard as I am forced to do now.
Old 16th May 2019, 01:21   #9330
BHPian

This is an SOS call. I have a Vento TDi, HL, 2012. The car has been a dream to own, in spite of several struggles with various ASS and multiple instances of car coming back with nicks and scars from the workshop. The 1.6 engine fills me with joy even now, every time I am behind the wheel. However I'm not sure this can go on any longer!

The trouble started about 4 months back. The car was running fine and I had had a long drive back in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic. The air-conditioning suddenly switched off. I had read that this happens if the engine is overheating. However no warning light came on and home wasn't too far so I simply rolled down the windows and came home, with a plan to go to the ASS in the morning. However, the air-conditioning was working fine in the morning. In fact, through the drive that day and several subsequent drives the car gave no trouble. So I thought this must have been a one off and thought of mentioning it in the next scheduled service which was anyway less than 1000 kms away.

However, one late evening, the air-conditioning again turned off and the temperature warning light came on. I immediately parked the car and turned the engine off. I also kept the key in ignition, to ensure the radiator fan was working (it wasn't). Opened the engine bay and waited for the car to cool down.

I also had noticed that when the car was warm and had run a bit, if I turn the ignition off (for instance on a traffic light), the car does not start. I had to wait for a few moments, post which, the car would start behaving normally again. Another thing that was to be reported during the scheduled service.

Next day morning I took the car to VW Kurla ASS. After keeping the car for three days they finally came back to me with the following issues:

1. The radiator fan had developed multiple issues and was completely jammed, needed a full replacement.
2. The pump needed replacement
3. Coolant needed to be flushed and replaced along with the coolant tank.
4. Water dripping on to the timing belt had caused damage and therefore timing kit (otherwise scheduled for replacement at 120k service, this being 90K) also needed replacement.

I gave the ASS an approval and the changes were made over the next 3 days. I received the car a whole week after. However, on the first long drive I realized the issue had not been resolved. The air-conditioning wasn't working right. It worked fine as long as the car was running on open roads (irrespective of the distance) but the moment I was stuck in traffic, the car would start becoming warmer and finally the aircon went off again. I took the car back to the ASS which again took another 3 days to revert with the issue. This was their explanation, "we opened the aircon compressor to investigate and found there was a lot of dust that had accumulated,( whatever that means), which has been cleaned and also tested the car over a 40 km drive (the milo confirmed that). There is no problem". They have also done multiple scans to no avail.

While the cooling of the car improved significantly post this, the problem however persists. On a recent drive, we had a major scare. I was driving to Nashik, with the missus and our infant son. The car was running fine, in fact even brilliantly. On the way I decided to make a tea stop, but since the missus was sleeping, kept the car running and aircon on. Went off to have a cuppa. When I returned however (10 mins hence), the car had become significantly warmer and the aircon was throwing warm air in spite of being turned Low. We switched the car off but it refused to start. After waiting for only 15 mins however, the car turned on and the moment we started moving, the aircon became impressively cool again! The ASS seem to have no clue!

I really like the car and have recently upgraded the suspension and spent another 50K on service and spares, because I just can't find another car which gives me as much joy. But can't live with this unreliability obviously. Was hoping the experts here would have some insight.

Last edited by Annibaddh : 16th May 2019 at 01:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks