Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 17:21   #9451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

^^ Thanks for sharing and I agree with your comment.
I will go for the same ones. Are you satisfied with the performance?

I am planning to order the following from aliexpress -

1> Auto headlight switch with new connector - hoping to get lucky this time
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...513f2e0e9Ds0XO

2> Auto dimming OVRM (as shared above) -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3266...48834c4diwPr3y

3> Passat interior cabin light i
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...816c2e0ezOoGIH

I also enquired with Vagtune and their prices are 3-4 times more than aliexpress.
Hopefully, all these should work and help spruce up the spartan Vento a bit.
Old 12th December 2019, 18:25   #9452
BHPian

You are welcome, regarding the OVRMs: I say it reduces the glare about 30-40% and they are not on par with the auto IRVM in our car.

1) The headlight switch looks the same as the factory one, shouldn't be a problem.

2) The build quality of the ORVMs is good, they snap right into the clips.

3) Hold the purchase, as our headlight switch connector is different from the older ones. I've already ordered one from links provided by TheLizardKing. As the connector mentioned in that post is an older one, hoping to find a workaround method to tap the pin 1 from the harness into the headlight switch connector.
adityarobb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 21:15   #9453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Mine is a 2016 model Vento TSI. Has so far clocked 71000 km. The engine check light comes on some time. Last night after a 20 minute drive it came on when we reached our parking.

We turned off the engine and restarted. The light is gone. Repeated twice, no light.

What could be the problem?
Hi! I remember you had bought the TSI very close to mine (Mine is June '16). I have only covered 35K kms so far. Touch wood..no issues!

Did you try connecting to the OBD? That is probably the best bet to figure out the root cause.
Old 13th December 2019, 21:07   #9454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Guys, I have a 2012 Vento - TDI highline 1.6 TDI - which has clocked 165K kms. A couple of queries regarding same -

1) I was recommended by service center guys to replace V-belt for my Vento. I could not find any pointer in owner manual on this. Do we need to replace the same?
2) has someone got the auto dimming IRVM for older Vento? Can we fit the auto dimming mirror available in new models to earlier models?
3) I am now seeing some issues in engaging reverse gear in my Vento. Has any forum member noticed this issue. Having trouble with slotting the gear itself.
This is exactly what I am seeing, I have got my V-belt replaced few days back after the service advisor suggested to do and I see the same issue engaging the reverse gear and also 3rd, 4th gear now. I am planning to revisit the service center soon. Please let me know if you have already visited the service center and found the fix for this.
Old 13th December 2019, 22:13   #9455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
This is exactly what I am seeing, I have got my V-belt replaced few days back after the service advisor suggested to do and I see the same issue engaging the reverse gear and also 3rd, 4th gear now. I am planning to revisit the service center soon. Please let me know if you have already visited the service center and found the fix for this.

Boss, I visited the service center and below are the pointers on the same -

1) V belt - apparently there is a service bulletin wherein it is stated that " If there is a reduction in the width of v belt observed by technician, then the same needs to be replaced." The service advisor told this and given the higher number of kms on my vehicle & intention of keeping it for at least 2 more years - decided to go for replacement . Damage was approx 2.5 K out of which 1.8K is labour.

2) gear issue - issue was isolated to gear wire. Got the wire replaced, but be prepared to spend at least 3 -4 hrs as it requires removing a lot of things from chassis and underpinnings. 😐
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 22:43   #9456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Till date, service center guys are still waiting for the part and my car is there at the service center.
Take the car back.

Tell them, you will bring back once the parts arrive.

You could ask them, to have the bumper painted and ready before giving the car. This would lead to less downtime for the car.

Unless there are some T&C not allowing car to be moved out of service center.
Old 14th December 2019, 14:26   #9457
BHPian

Friends I have a small query. I have 2012 vento tdi and I am running close to 96k on this amazing machine.
For the first time I saw temperature light turning on after a run of 10 Kms on highway. I have moved to FNG now but I want to have some information before I go to them. What might be the reason for this and I need to be sure that it’s cured properly as I have a kind road trip coming up in couple of weeks.
Please suggest what all I should check.

Thanks in advance
Old 14th December 2019, 14:57   #9458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
What might be the reason for this and I need to be sure that it’s cured properly as I have a kind road trip coming up in couple of weeks.
Please suggest what all I should check.

Thanks in advance
Have a proper check on the water pump. Ventos normally have this issue after 95000kms. My car had a faulty water pump after 1 lakh kms. If required get it replaced.
Old 15th December 2019, 18:13   #9459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Have a proper check on the water pump. Ventos normally have this issue after 95000kms. My car had a faulty water pump after 1 lakh kms. If required get it replaced.
Thanks for this and it was the case. Some more investment in my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-9414c19b5bcc439eaf8fda3e36e371e7.jpeg  

Old 15th December 2019, 18:39   #9460
rbp
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20191214_163242.jpg
Yesterday, I had been to take my brothers GT TSI delivery and spotted this new color.
rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:14   #9461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Attachment 1945907
Yesterday, I had been to take my brothers GT TSI delivery and spotted this new color.
This is the new sunset red VW released with their facelift. It doesn't look good at all when compared to Flash red of the GT TSI. I was actually excited for it to be released as I thought it looked Killer in the brochure for Ameo DSG. Looks extremely underwhelming in person.
Old 15th December 2019, 23:45   #9462
BHPian

Looks like the GTI headlights did the trick. Seeing a large number of brand new Ventos on the road now. The LEDs DRLs look beautiful, also with some new colours, VW has transformed the car. I guess with great offers now, its truly VFM, especially the Diesel DSG, and hence the frequent sightings.
Old 16th December 2019, 10:18   #9463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
This is the new sunset red VW released with their facelift. It doesn't look good at all when compared to Flash red of the GT TSI. I was actually excited for it to be released as I thought it looked Killer in the brochure for Ameo DSG. Looks extremely underwhelming in person.
Incidentally I was at a VW dealership yesterday to TD the GT TSI and was informed that the sunset red has been stopped. Apparently they were having a difficult time color matching in case of any dings.
Old 16th December 2019, 15:40   #9464
BHPian

Sorry of being a bit off topic from the current auto headlamps topic being discussed here. Needed the help of you guys on the following things

1. My Vento highline TDI is now 9 years old. I have the original Kagu 3D mats, but the problem now is, I cant find the maxspider / Kagu mats anywhere. I dont mind paying a bit extra for the original stuff, but most of the 3D mats available in Bangalore are the cheap ones, that totally spoils the look of the interiors. Any pointers here would be helpful
Old 16th December 2019, 16:06   #9465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Thanks for this and it was the case. Some more investment in my car.

You could have avoided Germ Klean and saved close to 2K. Just my two cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks