Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:41   #961
BHPian

The mileage was from the MID, and I hope it is fairly accurate. The illumination is OK, could be better in my opinion, especially the high beam. Towards the end of next week I will be driving to Mysore and I will try to get the tankfull to tankfull figures.
Old 24th October 2010, 13:12   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
Thanks anilkalvani.

I got 2000/tyre for the original 185/55/R15 ( I had clocked about 50 km when I upgraded the tyres). The S Drive costed me 5000/tyre.

Stock Alloys are 15", not sure about if its 5.5J. Need to check on that.

About the warranty, all dealers are bound to say that the warranty is void with any modifications. I have had no problems with the upgraded tyres. I have clocked 700 km so far, no issues at all. I have taken my chance with the warranty, but I guess there shouldn't be any warranty issues with the upgrades, bcoz I have heard that the Vento's overseas are fitted with broader tyres than the ones offered in India.
I just checked the Russian Website where they showed that the highline has 6.5J x 15. So i hope the Indian rims also are the same as fitting 205/55 R15 won't be a problem then. Also, since you are an owner, can you please ask the dealer/A.S.C. that what all of the warranty part will be void if you just upgrade the rubbers?

Last edited by anilkalvani : 24th October 2010 at 13:18.
Old 24th October 2010, 22:27   #963
Senior - BHPian

Found these pics on Petes website of a tuned Vento! Looks really awesome!

Enjoy guys
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-ventomain_1b.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-rearbig.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-sidebig.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-interiorbig.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-frontbig.jpg  

anekho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2010, 23:12   #964
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Way too low profile for our roads. Guess it won't be driven around on normal roads all that much. But it still feels like the wheels are too large.
Old 25th October 2010, 00:10   #965
BHPian

Saw the car in the VW showroom recently & was immediately struck by the fact that VW has a clear winner in this car. As the owner of ANHC, it was clear that the Vento will provide great competition in this segment. A solidly built car where the care put in is completely visible in most aspects. Respectable looks which are pleasing, even if not flamboyant & will definitely not offend anyone. The sales staff at the dealer in Pune were completely failing to provide required attention to all the interested & curious buyers. Long wait periods would also prove detrimental to some potential buyers.
Old 25th October 2010, 00:10   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Had my first somewhat longish drive. Had to drop a family member to Bangalore airport and back, the round trip being about 80kms. The drive was in the middle of the night therefore no traffic apart from slowing for speed breakers. The car returned an impressive 22.5kms/litre. I did not drive beyond 100kmph speed.
Thats cool!. How many Kms its been so far?. Post your ownership report please.

@anekho. She looks hot!!. Thats 17" wheels!!. Wonder how it would impact the ride
Old 25th October 2010, 09:34   #967
Senior - BHPian

I saw a red Vento TDI HL on-road at Thrissur on Saturday and, no offence, red doesn't look good on Vento. IMO, the white that I had seen earlier and the black in the picture above look infinitely better than red on the Vento.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:56   #968

nowwhat? - I have checked reviews about electircal failures in Polo (LED's malfuction, turbo issues, parts are not in stock etc). I have also checked few reviews with Carwala and Cardeko website where customers claim there is no response to their emails/calls from customer service section.
Also there was a customer with Polo with the dealer asking questions about "When will the part arrive" when i was checking the car which are adding many questions in my mind.
This Palace cross dealer is exclusive for VW.
evilshantanu - I was not talking about disclaimer. Sales person was providing an hint about possible price hike in Jan. (may be trying to get the booking now).

About my other question: Any information from BHpian about Warranty void status for extra fitting with scropio?
I drive xylo and never heard any thing about this in the past when i purchased it which is now causing concerns.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:24   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I saw a red Vento TDI HL on-road at Thrissur on Saturday and, no offence, red doesn't look good on Vento. IMO, the white that I had seen earlier and the black in the picture above look infinitely better than red on the Vento.
+1 to that. Red vento is yuck IMO! Surprising as the Polo looks so good in red.
I have seen the vento in white and it looks very elegant. I saw the silver color and it was so-so.
I am sure it will look good in black as well.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:33   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! That Peted Vento looks super- the interiors,lip spoiler and most of all the alloys are perfecto. But I'm sure the tuning on the inside surpasses the glitter on the outside, any figures?
Old 25th October 2010, 10:59   #971
Senior - BHPian

I have booked my car but have kept the colour still as a question. Not seen even one on the roads yet. Hope to see different colours before finalizing one.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:50   #972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Wow! That Peted Vento looks super- the interiors,lip spoiler and most of all the alloys are perfecto. But I'm sure the tuning on the inside surpasses the glitter on the outside, any figures?
130bhp. Just a tuning box and a filter and you get the standard 25bhp gain.
Old 25th October 2010, 19:09   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
130bhp. Just a tuning box and a filter and you get the standard 25bhp gain.

Pete has not provided any information in the website.
What about torque? Any Idea about the Price for the powerbox? Does it remove/change the rev limiter?I dont think Air filter plays much of a role here.
130Bhp is just simply superb.
Old 25th October 2010, 19:18   #974
BHPian

have seen the same in Pete Website; IMO the vento comes with rear drum brakes right, The Picture in Petes tuned car shows Disc brakes in the rear; guess he has changed that too. It looks fabulous. How i wish i could afford one right now
Old 25th October 2010, 20:54   #975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Pete has not provided any information in the website.
What about torque? Any Idea about the Price for the powerbox? Does it remove/change the rev limiter?I dont think Air filter plays much of a role here.
130Bhp is just simply superb.
No clue about torque. Im guessing it would be close to 290nm now. The price would be around 30k for the box, and no it dosent adjust the limiter. Air filter probably dosent add much power bubt helps the tuning box in efficiently doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
have seen the same in Pete Website; IMO the vento comes with rear drum brakes right, The Picture in Petes tuned car shows Disc brakes in the rear; guess he has changed that too. It looks fabulous. How i wish i could afford one right now
They have converted the rear brakes to discs and even the fronts have been replaced with tarox rotors and pads.

Also a bilstein suspension.

And damn those 17s look huge on the Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks