Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 12:05   #9736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Yesterday, drove a manual XUV 300, and unusually stalled the car for timely gear/clutch coordination, which was happening seamlessly earlier. Do everyone face the same problem? It seems to me that I can not drive a manual any more.

Thanks
Don't worry. That won't be the case. Yes, when you suddenly drive a manual, it may seem a little disorienting, but after a short time, the muscle memory will take over and you will feel at home driving the manual. Of course, you may no longer enjoy it after experiencing the convenience of an Automatic, especially a dsg.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:21   #9737
BHPian

Hi VW people,

Driving a 2013 Vento TDI highline done 1.7L kms -

The ticking sound when I use my turn indicators / hazards has stopped, along with it the speed limit warning alarm also seems to have stopped. What could be the cause and solution please.

Also my rear suspension needs to be changed is there anything better than the stock suspension ? To be honest I haven't faced any issues with the stock suspension. Just checking if there's anything better.

TIA.
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:01   #9738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
The ticking sound when I use my turn indicators / hazards has stopped, along with it the speed limit warning alarm also seems to have stopped. What could be the cause and solution please.
The buzzer unit would have conked out.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-11dd728s960.png

There are some technicians that do these board level repairs. Take it to them and they can replace it (assuming it is indeed the buzzer that's the problem here).

Quote:
Also my rear suspension needs to be changed is there anything better than the stock suspension ? To be honest I haven't faced any issues with the stock suspension. Just checking if there's anything better.
Check out this thread - Installed! TRW Struts in my VW Vento
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:14   #9739
BHPian

Thank you Ganesh.
Any idea would our FNG Jaiprakash do this board level stuff ?

On another note, thank you for your general service videos on Utube. Manage to change the air, cabin and fuel filters myself. Waiting for a couple of jacks to do the oil change.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The buzzer unit would have conked out.

Attachment 2287089

There are some technicians that do these board level repairs. Take it to them and they can replace it (assuming it is indeed the buzzer that's the problem here).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd March 2022 at 12:01. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:11   #9740
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Ganesh.
Any idea would our FNG Jaiprakash do this board level stuff ?
I doubt if Jaiprakash attends to these repairs. But do give him a call - he maybe able to guide you to someone who does these cluster/ECU/BCM repairs.

Quote:
On another note, thank you for your general service videos on Utube. Manage to change the air, cabin and fuel filters myself. Waiting for a couple of jacks to do the oil change.
Thank you Adrian. Glad it helped.

Since you mentioned jack (guess you meant jack stands?), do visit the area around Linguchetty Street - I got myself a pair of jack stands and a heavy duty floor jack from SMA Kapadia (contact number - 098400 93238)

https://goo.gl/maps/RNza6W1KxZhNasSX6

No personal affiliation with them; just a happy customer. The place has a few other shops too that deals with these tools.

Since the floor jack is at my home in Palakkad, I got a very small 2T bottle jack for these DIY jobs here in Chennai. Sourced it from industrybuying.com for Rs 950 and the unit is from Penta, Coimbatore. Yet to put it to test and use though.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:37   #9741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I doubt if Jaiprakash attends to these repairs. But do give him a call - he maybe able to guide you to someone who does these cluster/ECU/BCM repairs.

Thank you boss.

Thank you Adrian. Glad it helped.

Since you mentioned jack (guess you meant jack stands?), do visit the area around Linguchetty Street - I got myself a pair of jack stands and a heavy duty floor jack from SMA Kapadia (contact number - 098400 93238)

https://goo.gl/maps/RNza6W1KxZhNasSX6

No personal affiliation with them; just a happy customer. The place has a few other shops too that deals with these tools.

Since the floor jack is at my home in Palakkad, I got a very small 2T bottle jack for these DIY jobs here in Chennai. Sourced it from industrybuying.com for Rs 950 and the unit is from Penta, Coimbatore. Yet to put it to test and use though.
Thank you for the recommendation Ganesh. Will visit them.
A question - Would I be able to use the stock jack that comes with the car to lift the car on to the jack stand or would I need a separate bottle or heavy duty jack to do the lifting ? TIA, Cheers for all the help.
Old 23rd March 2022, 00:24   #9742
BHPian

High beam on my Vento (double barrel halogen bulb headlight) are pointing low on the road in front of the car, not parallel to the road as it should be. Level adjustment roller near the headlight switch does not affect anything. What could be the problem? By the way, how does the level adjustment roller work? Is there a motor inside the headlight assembly?
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:37   #9743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
High beam on my Vento (double barrel halogen bulb headlight) are pointing low on the road in front of the car, not parallel to the road as it should be. Level adjustment roller near the headlight switch does not affect anything. What could be the problem? By the way, how does the level adjustment roller work? Is there a motor inside the headlight assembly?
There is a motor behind the headlight that adjusts the beam via the adjustment roller. Open the bonnet, have someone move the roller and if you listen closely you should hear the motor work behind the headlights.

If you can hear the motor but there is no change in the beam level then it could be that the ball and socket connection between the motor and the headlight reflector has disconnected. This is a very rare occurrence unless someone has tried removing the motor.

Not sure if the motor is sold separately.
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:49   #9744
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the recommendation Ganesh. Will visit them.
Hey Adrian,
Would be really helpful if you could keep us posted about the buzzer/indicator tick sound issue. I'm having the exact same problem and haven't been able to get someone to fix it here in Bombay.
Old 24th March 2022, 23:36   #9745
BHPian

Dear Ventonians

Was hoping if any fellow TeamBHPians in Bengaluru can help with contacts or suggest service centers to source the below parts for my 2013 1.6 TDI Highline Manual :

1. Fuel injector
2. Engine bay guard (under body)
Old 25th March 2022, 00:40   #9746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
Dear Ventonians

Was hoping if any fellow TeamBHPians in Bengaluru can help with contacts or suggest service centers to source the below parts for my 2013 1.6 TDI Highline Manual :

1. Fuel injector
2. Engine bay guard (under body)
Check with Engineering Exponent in ITPL. I had good experience with them for few upgrades.
Old 25th March 2022, 11:46   #9747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Check with Engineering Exponent in ITPL. I had good experience with them for few upgrades.
I cant seem to find their website or contact details. Would you have thier phone number by any chance.
Old 25th March 2022, 12:33   #9748
Senior - BHPian

Received this from VW's Pune authorised dealer (BU Bhandari) this morning:

2 Years of Service Value Package with Benefits Price.22,999/- Offer Price 20,499 /-

1) Complimentary Free Wash -- 2 nos
2) Free wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing (labour only) 2 nos (Balance weight on chargeable base)
3) 25% Off on any 4 services of 3M
4) Insurance Renewal Benefit Worth INR 1,000 Twice (Excluding third party insurance)
5) Protection against Spare parts + Labor cost inflation – Any 2 Consecutive services

Note: Package Coverage : Engine Oil, Air filter insert, Oil Filter, Pollen filter insert, Lock Cylinder Lubricant, Spark plugs , GFF (Labour only), Consumables (Coolent top up, lubrication) as applicable, Windshield washer fluid, Washing & Consumable Charges, Brake Fluid in ml, Poly V Belt, Fuel additive. Rest additional jobs will be on chargeable. You can avail the benefits of this package in All Over India.
Timing Belt & Additive oil not including in this package.

Offer valid till 31st March.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 15:04   #9749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
I cant seem to find their website or contact details. Would you have thier phone number by any chance.
Engineering Exponent - 98863 96664 (Jayant)

You can also contact them both on Facebook and Instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Nothing wrong in putting up contact details (publicly available) of a service center / FNG garage. Especially when you have positive feedback regarding your own experience - others could also benefit from it.
Thanks for clarifying. Updated above

Last edited by sunikkat : 25th March 2022 at 15:19.
Old 25th March 2022, 15:08   #9750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Not sure whether I can share it here as per the forum rules. Neither am I able to PM you.

You can contact them both on Facebook and Instagram
Nothing wrong in putting up contact details (publicly available) of a service center / FNG garage. Especially when you have positive feedback regarding your own experience - others could also benefit from it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks