Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 22:39   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Funnily enough I have not seen one Vento on the road till date. I really hope the delivery has started for the models.
Not even one found in Chennai till date, I commute daily around 50 kms up and down, but no signs of it yet.
In the pic on post#1016, why is it that I dont see the VW sign on the car at all.
Old 31st October 2010, 08:57   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I saw a black TDi on my street with temporary MH12 plates...wonder who the lucky dude is! These spottings are a good omen methinks. Perhaps I shall be driving my AT soon
Hope dude. Keep your fingers crossed. Did see a couple of AT's at VW West Mumbai on Wednesday ready for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Funnily enough I have not seen one Vento on the road till date. I really hope the delivery has started for the models.
Not even one found in Chennai till date, I commute daily around 50 kms up and down, but no signs of it yet.
In the pic on post#1016, why is it that I dont see the VW sign on the car at all.
The VW Sign was stolen. Its a very common occurrence here in Mumbai. Logo's of Skoda, BMW, Mercs and now VW's are most sought after. Hell even my humble Logan's logo was stolen.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 31st October 2010 at 08:58.
Old 31st October 2010, 20:25   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Poor owner got his VW logo flicked. What is it with desis stealing logos of European cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hope dude. Keep your fingers crossed. Did see a couple of AT's at VW West Mumbai on Wednesday ready for delivery.
Thanks mate. I feel like one of those waiting for a telephone to arive in the good old MTNL monopoly days
Old 31st October 2010, 21:56   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Poor owner got his VW logo flicked. What is it with desis stealing logos of European cars?
You'll probably find them stuck on the backs of M800s --- next to the Ferrari sticker!
Old 31st October 2010, 22:11   #1025
BHPian

my friend is 'surely sure' that he's picking up the VENTO. he did a test drive on the petrol version and loved it... I psyched him out regarding the diesel and now he's a bit confused.
I did the damage - can you guys pls give your opinions on the different variants on a more poll basis.
may be even why Diesel over Petrol or vis-versa.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:51   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Hi Johnda,
Did your friend test drive the TDi as well? If not then please ask him to do so asap before making the final decision. I don't think your friend should make a selection based on the poll results over here. He should first list down his expectations/priorities from a car & see to it which of the two Vento's fits bill the most. His budget could also play a major role. Both the cars are equally good for different set of customers.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:03   #1027
BHPian

AutoIndia, you are ofcourse right, a test drive coupled with a wish list will help him decide. but I mentioned that the diesel engines of today are far far refined and a joy than from the past. and he asked me what would be the difference apart from the drive! which is why i posted here coz there would be folks who have TDed both variants and have comparative opinions, which my friend could look for and would aid in his knowledge and decision
Old 1st November 2010, 15:05   #1028
BHPian

Hi guys found this scoop about a 1.4L Vento coming soon.

Link: Exclusive Scoop! 2011 Volkswagen Vento 1.4 petrol coming soon!
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:31   #1029
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
and he asked me what would be the difference apart from the drive!
With European cars, the diesels are generally more impressive. Why the Vento diesel over the petrol:

- It's quicker, has better driveability and a truly punchy mid-range. Vento diesel is way more fun to drive

- FE will be atleast 30% more than the petrol

- The petrol needs to be revved to perform. It's performance is only par for the segment. Diesel, on the other hand, is the class topper.

- A diesel will fetch a better price at the time of resale

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
Hi guys found this scoop about a 1.4L Vento coming soon.
That information seems completely inaccurate. For one, the Vento petrol entry point is already low (6.99 ex-Delhi). Second, the cost difference between producing a 1.6 petrol (which is already in production) and a 1.4 is merely a couple of thousand rupees (meaning, it wont noticeably lower the car's price in any way). Third, the Vento petrol offers performance that's par for the segment (nothing outstanding). A smaller 1.4 could make things worse. Lastly, VW has an image to main. I doubt they'll let Honda, Hyundai, Maruti & Ford outdo it in the CC race.

Of course, with time, a downsizing trend will emerge. VW already has some great TSIs in its stable.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:18   #1030
BHPian

All,
Walked into VW palace cross this morning to check the status of my Vento. I was in for a pleasant surprise, as they were planning to call me later with the news that I can expect my car anywhere between 15-20 Nov. I have been asked to finalise payment and financing (if any) by mid next week, when the actual delivery date would be known.

1.5 months Business trip to UK has helped me so far..now I need to get through the last leg. I am desperately thinking of different ideas to keep me engaged for these torturing next 15 days.

Btw, mine is a White Vento Tdi Highline!
Old 3rd November 2010, 03:22   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
With European cars, the diesels are generally more impressive. Why the Vento diesel over the petrol:
- It's quicker, has better driveability and a truly punchy mid-range. Vento diesel is way more fun to drive
- FE will be atleast 30% more than the petrol
- The petrol needs to be revved to perform. It's performance is only par for the segment. Diesel, on the other hand, is the class topper.
- A diesel will fetch a better price at the time of resale
Thanks, I've forwarded the link to the whole thread to my friend. He booked in for a Tdi test drive on Monday. That should settle the dust!
Will post his final decision.
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:12   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
All,
Walked into VW palace cross this morning to check the status of my Vento. I was in for a pleasant surprise, as they were planning to call me later with the news that I can expect my car anywhere between 15-20 Nov. I have been asked to finalise payment and financing (if any) by mid next week, when the actual delivery date would be known.

1.5 months Business trip to UK has helped me so far..now I need to get through the last leg. I am desperately thinking of different ideas to keep me engaged for these torturing next 15 days.

Btw, mine is a White Vento Tdi Highline!
Congrats ventoman, my wait period continues....
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:40   #1033
Senior - BHPian

B.U.Bhandari goes to VW Way

News for people from Pune:

B.U. Bhandari, one of the largest dealer in Pune(and even Maharashtra) for Tata+Fiat is saying goodbye to the Tata+Fiat.

The last day of his relationship with Tata is 15th November 2010.

He is going to get Volkswagen dealersip soon after that. The reason being higher profit margins that VW is offering to its dealers.

This could be a good news for all wanna-be VW owners. It might not reduce the waiting period, but probably another service center can help a lot. The details of the services offered by BU Bhandari are not yet known, but Pune is getting its 2nd VW dealer for sure.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:33   #1034
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I am desperately thinking of different ideas to keep me engaged for these torturing next 15 days.
How do you deal with delivery wait periods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
He is going to get Volkswagen dealersip soon after that. The reason being higher profit margins that VW is offering to its dealers.
Related thread
Old 4th November 2010, 12:08   #1035
BHPian

Had booked a Vento highline diesel (white or Silver) in end August and had not heard from Downtown. Called them and was told that the official note on delivery schedule will be sent out next week and expecting it to be in December!!!! God, they really dont have their act together..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks