Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 15:38   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Had booked a Vento highline diesel (white or Silver) in end August and had not heard from Downtown. Called them and was told that the official note on delivery schedule will be sent out next week and expecting it to be in December!!!! God, they really dont have their act together..
Downtown VW is pathetic, thats why I made it a point to book it from Palace Cross. I dont think that it should take Dec for the bookings made in August 2010. Just check hope they didnt give your vehicle to any of the so called VIPs / preferred customers, as they did something similar in the case of Polo, which my friend booked from them
Old 4th November 2010, 23:30   #1037
BHPian

One of my friend booked a Vento TDI HL at Cochin today and wait period is 5-6 months. For petrol HL, looks like its 2-3 weeks there.

I had booked my TDI HL at Bangalore last month and the waiting period they told me was 3 months. I hope I will be getting it by Jan end!!

Btw, I have seen 2-3 Vento's on road in Blr in the last one week
Old 5th November 2010, 01:31   #1038
Senior - BHPian

6 months waiting for Diesel actually says a lot of stuffs.
-- The market badly needs Powerful diesels. Verna is there but I know a lot of people who just dropped it due to lack of airbags. Even Cruze at a segment above is doing great.
-- VW really need to ramp up production and subsequently service centres.
-- 1.6 Petrol does not seem to have any USP other than the AT. Honda city / T-Jet is by far a better choice.
--People are willing to wait 6 months. Amazing. That happens when you dont have any other choices.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:21   #1039
BHPian

Saw a lot of Vento TDI highline in Pune, a lot means atleast 5-7 of them. Black is a stunner and so is white!

It seems Pune has a lo of Ventos already
Old 5th November 2010, 10:06   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
One of my friend booked a Vento TDI HL at Cochin today and wait period is 5-6 months. For petrol HL, looks like its 2-3 weeks there.

I had booked my TDI HL at Bangalore last month and the waiting period they told me was 3 months. I hope I will be getting it by Jan end!!

Btw, I have seen 2-3 Vento's on road in Blr in the last one week
That's true. Waiting period for the diesel is 5-6 months in Cochin. Hopefully I shall be getting mine by the end of Nov. Got the official confirmation from VW Cochin.
Old 5th November 2010, 16:14   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
6 months waiting for Diesel actually says a lot of stuffs.
-- The market badly needs Powerful diesels.
--People are willing to wait 6 months. Amazing. That happens when you dont have any other choices.
Absolutely true. the only true competitor to the Vento TDi engine in that segment would be the 1.6 litre multijet. Wish Fiat had plonked the 1.6 litre in the T-Jet plus variant (with all 4 disc brakes & the 16 inchers). That would been been one awesome package to beat. I am still hoping Fiat brings this in sooner than later.
Old 6th November 2010, 02:00   #1042
Senior - BHPian

This might be a rumour but one of my friends who went to check out Vento TDI said that there is a price hike ( of around 40K) around the corner in the first week of November . Would anyone know about this ? While this might be a possibility considering the demand - supply situation , there is also the possibility that it was sales con job meant to push him into booking .
Old 6th November 2010, 09:05   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
This might be a rumour but one of my friends who went to check out Vento TDI said that there is a price hike ( of around 40K) around the corner in the first week of November . Would anyone know about this ? While this might be a possibility considering the demand - supply situation , there is also the possibility that it was sales con job meant to push him into booking .
I dont think that there should be a price hike now. My dealer gave no such indications, I asked him specifically, and was told "sir nothing as of now". Though there is a possibility of price hike after the Union budget, which is always a possibility
Old 6th November 2010, 09:15   #1044
BHPian

Yes there is a price hike which is going to be announced shortly. I got this information from one of my friends working in Audi who has also booked a Vento. Can you believe it that a guy working for the group is not able to get a car for the past 3 months.

If VW is struggling to cope up with an order booking of just 1400 cars I wonder if they have planned any production at all. I am also surprised at people ready to wait 5-6 months for a car in this time and date.
Old 6th November 2010, 09:24   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Haven't seen any in Bengaluru. Would love to see it in Black since I am going for the colour and hope dont have to change the colour again.
Old 6th November 2010, 11:44   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Yes there is a price hike which is going to be announced shortly. I got this information from one of my friends working in Audi who has also booked a Vento. .
If there is a price hike, will they honor the old prices for those who booked previously?
Do you have to pay the price, which is prevalent, when you take the delivery of the car?

Given the large waiting periods, people might end up getting the car in 6 months and the price could obviously change.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:01   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
If there is a price hike, will they honor the old prices for those who booked previously?
Do you have to pay the price, which is prevalent, when you take the delivery of the car?

Given the large waiting periods, people might end up getting the car in 6 months and the price could obviously change.
You will pay the price prevalent at the time of delivery. That is the industry norm.
Old 6th November 2010, 17:22   #1048
BHPian

Just called up the VW customer care number. was pleasantly surprised that they have set up a totally different team which will give you the info on the delivery etc, though they too didn't say anything very concrete, but this is a sure sign, seems like they are following the threads here and things would change for good!

Last edited by evilshantanu : 6th November 2010 at 17:22. Reason: clicked quote by mistake
Old 6th November 2010, 18:18   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Just called up the VW customer care number. was pleasantly surprised that they have set up a totally different team which will give you the info on the delivery etc, though they too didn't say anything very concrete, but this is a sure sign, seems like they are following the threads here and things would change for good!
Thanks shantanu , I got in touch with them over the helpline [ 18001020909/ 18002090909 ] too today - its good that they have a separate team to handle Vento related queries, the interaction gave me reason for hope. I must say that Honda dealerships are miles ahead of VW in the entire buying experience aspect.

Would like to confirm from folks who already have got their Vento delivered - in case you opt to get car music system fitted from outside does it result in the entire warranty of the car becoming void ? I was hoping that I could get a better system than the factory fitted one, at the very least change the speakers !
Old 6th November 2010, 22:30   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Yes there is a price hike which is going to be announced shortly. I got this information from one of my friends working in Audi who has also booked a Vento. Can you believe it that a guy working for the group is not able to get a car for the past 3 months.

If VW is struggling to cope up with an order booking of just 1400 cars I wonder if they have planned any production at all. I am also surprised at people ready to wait 5-6 months for a car in this time and date.
1400 cars? I think, you are refering last months delivery figures. Actual booking figure stands much tall. With vento production already in three figures a day - more than the combined figures of polo and fabia included, there is a rapid ramp-up in production happening. Going by this trend, Pune plant should reach the rated capacity of 500~550 cars a day in coming months.
Point I am trying to make here is that VW is reaching there as far production numbers are concerned & so the waiting period will come down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks