Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 06:54   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Congrats dude!!. Any thoughts on tyre upgrades - 15/16"? 195/205?. ..Are you not planning for a rear spoiler? and which color did you go for?
Thanks mate.
I am retaining the alloys but upgrading tyres to Michelin Primary LC 195/60/R15. (Wanted to go for 205/55/R15 size, but my tyre dealer is dead against it).
Mine is a White Tdi Highline.
I was keen to go for the rear spoiler. But according to Palace cross SP, they need 24 hrs to fit the spoiler, as it first needs to be painted with the car colour etc.
Hence I am getting it done later..as I dont want any further delays!

Last edited by ventoman : 10th November 2010 at 06:59.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:45   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Last week my friend had been to the VW showroom in Pune to book a Vento TDi Highline, with a handsome booking amount (2 L+). To their utmost disappoint and shock, the Sales team told them that the waiting for the Vento (especially TDi) has gone upto 6-7 months. My friend's sister wanted the White colour, so the Sales person told her add another 3 weeks atleast to the 6-7 months waiting period.

Gosh! VW please do something about this ASAP.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:50   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Last week my friend had been to the VW showroom in Pune to book a Vento TDi Highline, with a handsome booking amount (2 L+). To their utmost disappoint and shock, the Sales team told them that the waiting for the Vento (especially TDi) has gone upto 6-7 months. My friend's sister wanted the White colour, so the Sales person told her add another 3 weeks atleast to the 6-7 months waiting period.

!Ajay: You did not mention; eventually was the car booked? 2L invested over 6 to 7 months has super potential.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:50   #1069
BHPian

Quote:

2L+ is quite a big amount for booking, is this generalized across all cities now or only specific to this dealer ?
Old 10th November 2010, 11:59   #1070
BHPian

When I enquired in Bangalore it is 75K.

Also I heard that the after-sales(service) of VW is outsourced to Sundaram in Bangalore. If that is true then we can expect poor service. Can someone give more info on this if they have ??
Old 10th November 2010, 12:10   #1071
Senior - BHPian

@NevGin:

Sorry I missed that part. Nope, she did not book the Vento. She went and booked Fiesta Duratorque SXi which she will be getting in less than 8 days.

She was in a hurry, so she skipped VW.

@evilshantanu: 2 L is not the mandatory amount for booking. Minimum booking amount is 75k as madhukar_n rightly mentioned. Just that my friend's sister had some spare money, she thought of making a handsome down-payment to make the VW guys to deliver the car earlier. But, no use.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:21   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
When I enquired in Bangalore it is 75K.

Also I heard that the after-sales(service) of VW is outsourced to Sundaram in Bangalore. If that is true then we can expect poor service. Can someone give more info on this if they have ??
No the service is not outsourced to Sundaram, as far as I know.
Palace cross have a service center in Peenya and Elite Motors is coming up with a big service center beyond Electronic City on Hosur Road
Old 10th November 2010, 16:45   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Vento with mudflaps and corner protectors. Nazarbatoo not a VW approved accessory.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1352.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1350.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo1351.jpg  

Old 10th November 2010, 17:24   #1074
BHPian

Looks neat, especially the front one.
Most probably i am going to book one shortly - i mean the vento. Somehow I have fallen for the Vento's sober looks.
Old 10th November 2010, 17:52   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

White corner protectors would have been better. This one kinda spoils the look.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:40   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To their utmost disappoint and shock, the Sales team told them that the waiting for the Vento (especially TDi) has gone upto 6-7 months. My friend's sister wanted the White colour, so the Sales person told her add another 3 weeks atleast to the 6-7 months waiting period.

I would rather say FIAT pl do something asap. The Indian public's appetite for an oil burner in the 10 lacs range is growing by the day & as of date there is no other car which can match the Vento TDi as a package. If FIAT brings in the T-Jet Plus specced car & plonks the 1.6 litre multijet in it, then VW will have to sit up & take a serious note if they want to get a strong foothold. I am sure the waiting time would then crash down to a couple of weeks if not days, rather than the current several months.
Old 10th November 2010, 20:28   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been so busy at work and enjoying the long weekend in between that I have just given up thinking about when my Vento will arrive. Feel bad about the 75K that the dealer is making interest on merrily but have put it out of my mind now. In fact, have decided that even if they do offer me something in late Nov/Dec (most unlikely), will refuse and hold out for the 2011 tag. Meanwhile let me enjoy my Swift!
Old 10th November 2010, 23:33   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Thanks mate.
I am retaining the alloys but upgrading tyres to Michelin Primary LC 195/60/R15. (Wanted to go for 205/55/R15 size, but my tyre dealer is dead against it).
Mine is a White Tdi Highline.
Can you explain the reason why your tyre dealer is against 205/55?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I don't think this is correct. At least as per dealer folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
If FIAT brings in the T-Jet Plus specced car & plonks the 1.6 litre multijet in it, then VW will have to sit up & take a serious note if they want to get a strong foothold.
Any one has any idea on when 1.6 Multijet is planned for?
Old 11th November 2010, 07:10   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Can you explain the reason why your tyre dealer is against 205/55?
He reckons that 205/55 size is not suited for indian roads and claims to have few customers who eventually reverted back to original sizes after such upgrades.
Although I know him quite well, I didn't buy this initially. So, I tried calling up 2-3 dealers (incl Sai Iyengar mentioned in the Bangalore directory) and asked for options to upgrade Vento's 185/60/R15 tyres. Their opening line was "ideal upgrade is to 195/60/R15".

I do recollect that one fellow Bhpian owns a Vento with 205/55 Yokohomas. But I have decided to resist that temptation and stick with 195/60/R15 Michelins.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:10   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
He reckons that 205/55 size is not suited for indian roads and claims to have few customers who eventually reverted back to original sizes after such upgrades.
Although I know him quite well, I didn't buy this initially. So, I tried calling up 2-3 dealers (incl Sai Iyengar mentioned in the Bangalore directory) and asked for options to upgrade Vento's 185/60/R15 tyres. Their opening line was "ideal upgrade is to 195/60/R15".

I do recollect that one fellow Bhpian owns a Vento with 205/55 Yokohomas. But I have decided to resist that temptation and stick with 195/60/R15 Michelins.
Exactly what my tyre guy told me, stick with the 195/60 as the 205/55 will be too low profile for our roads & was dead against it. Michelin Primacy 195/60/R15 is the best upgrade according to at least 2 known people who got their Highline Petrol Vento's in my circle. With uneven & pothole ridden roads in Bombay, its better to be safe than sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks