Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 14:14   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anything you ever signed to that effect? i doubt it. Sounds like your right to sue for breach of contract is far stronger than their right to get any money off you.
Well i will go home & check the booking form tonight. But i also asked her (Ms. Tanya - Volkswagen West showroom at Santacruz West) what if you'll call me again mid December & tell me that my Vento will arrive now in Feb instead of December? What guarantee can you give? And all she said, no sir, i assure you & blah blah.

Quote:
Don't they realise how extremely bad this sort of thing is for them
They better do. Soon.

Quote:
that glimmer gets dimmer: I don't want to deal with people like that.
Tell me about it. If this is the pre-delivery experience, i shudder to imagine what the ownership experience will be. And my sisters will be happy to see my desire to own a VW diminish with this experience. Both of them are in the US & they do not like VW cars there as they are perceived as unreliable cars according to them.

@naveen.raju
I paid 75k as the booking amount.

OT
Just why do car manufacturers commit to a date while booking & then leave you in a state of limbo after they have your booking money? Why? Very disappointed with VW. Very.

PS
That VW Vento ad should also show crying customers who have booked the car & are waiting for their cars to arrive. Really appalled by this shoddy experience.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 16th November 2010 at 14:24.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:25   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
And i asked her what if i cancel, she said you'll have to pay 1% of the ex-showroom price. So i asked her in the same vein, will i be compensated for the delay? And all she could say is NO. Pathetic.
A few years ago a cousin had booked one of the Skodas in L&K version but changed his mind due to delay in delivery and wanted to go with the Corolla. The Skoda dealership spun the same tale of some deduction from the booking amount. Our man sternly asked them to deduct the same from the interest accrued on the largish booking deposit and add the remainder from the interest to the booking amount under refund. Needless to say we drove away with a cheque for the full booking amount

This deduction bit is nothing but a spiel, the dealership will try and make money by any means whatsoever. Legally they cannot deduct a single paisa leave alone 1%.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:46   #1113
BHPian

OMG. I thought VW palace cross were not great. But it looks like they are far,far better than other VW dealers.

Btw, I took delivery of my VW vento highline TDI - White yesterday and have clocked 100kms so far. Believe me, all the agonies (of fighting/chasing the dealer and intolerable waiting period) would fade off in that one ride from showroom to home and bring a big smile on your face!

Its definitely a car to own and adore.

I did not mean to hurt fellow bhp-ians who have booked and are fighting with the dealers for their delivery. But just wanted to inform the arrival of my Vento.

Last edited by ventoman : 16th November 2010 at 16:48.
Old 16th November 2010, 17:03   #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Today I had gone to TD a vento again to make the final choice. I had gone to the Palace Cross VW. Somehow the attitude was not upto the mark. I had called up previously to get a TD vehicle to my home, they flatly refused. I had asked them again before going today and they did not call back. I anyway went bcos it is I who wanted the product. The car is good no doubt, the build is superb and the it feels heavy. I am was comparing it to the T-Jet and here are why i did not choose the Vento
1) the rear seat comfort is less compared to linea T-jet. 3 persons sitting will be a issue.
2) the features is less compared to linea - for almost the same price(linea is more by abt 70K)
3) the engine - no comparision. T-Jet is way powerful.

the only factors tilting towards the vento were
1) VW brand and the money behind it to succeed in india
2) interior build quality.

Though I used to own a VW Jetta in US, made a decision to go for Linea T-Jet.
good decision madhukar - It will be a good buy reading the experiences of the people who have bought this.. one such ownership review of linea Tjet+ is posted on mouth shut FIAT LINEA T JET Review, FIAT LINEA T JET Price, FIAT LINEA T JET Mileage, FIAT LINEA T JET Models, FIAT LINEA T JET India, ownership review of linea Tjet+ - MouthShut.com
Old 16th November 2010, 17:50   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Btw, I took delivery of my VW vento highline TDI - White yesterday and have clocked 100kms so far. Believe me, all the agonies (of fighting/chasing the dealer and intolerable waiting period) would fade off in that one ride from showroom to home and bring a big smile on your face!
Congrats ventoman!!!

Please post the pics ASAP. Eagerly waiting to see some super shots, especially of the interiors.

Wishing you all the best with the 'torque king' (C segment) of India.
Old 16th November 2010, 17:52   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did not mean to hurt fellow bhp-ians who have booked and are fighting with the dealers for their delivery. But just wanted to inform the arrival of my Vento.
Not at all... I am sure that everyone will congratulate you on your car. Even though I am not one of those waiting, I do feel for those that are.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:25   #1117
BANNED

Congrats Ventoman! Waiting for your detailed review.

Quote:
Believe me, all the agonies (of fighting/chasing the dealer and intolerable waiting period) would fade off in that one ride from showroom to home and bring a big smile on your face!
Hope all goes well with you.

But the pre-sales is really bad as per reports. Once the car is delivered, the tension of after-sales starts!
Old 16th November 2010, 18:25   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
OMG. I thought VW palace cross were not great. But it looks like they are far,far better than other VW dealers.

Congrats dude!. At last, one more happy man . Hope to get mine in Jan - 2 more months!!

Planning for any mods?. Upload some pics and your experience so far.
Old 17th November 2010, 06:44   #1119
BHPian

Thanks ajay_satpute, Thad E Ginathom, EARTHed, motorhead5 for your kind wishes.

I am yet to recover from the pleasant shock of owning this beauty. Kindly bear with me for 2-3 days and I shall post my experiences, pictures.

All I can say for now is that the car is absolutely Ventastic!!
Old 17th November 2010, 09:48   #1120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Congrats Ventoman.. So another happy customer in the list. .
Waiting for your detailed review and most important, the pics. Kindly post your experience asap.
Happy Driving.

Cheers.!
Old 17th November 2010, 10:30   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Vento Petrol Highline in office's parking. The registration number shows that this one was booked way to early (pre-launch booking).

It doesn't have the "Wow" factor for sure for the looks. I had 4-5 colleagues with me and they were like "ohhh so THIS is VENTO". Nobody said anything about the looks. When they had seen a brand new Honda City in our parking a few weeks back, all the adjectives were exhausted. These guys are not auto-maniacs, but still.

I know and we all know, Vento does look good. The goodness lies in its simplicity. What these colleagues of mine don't know is the superb engine and the BEST interiors quality inside.

Anyways, I have to find out ASAP who's the lucky to have got his Vento already.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento_petrol.jpg  

Old 18th November 2010, 00:24   #1122
BHPian

Booked a Vento HL petrol in the second week of September from Bhasin Motors and got delivery today after a wait of 69 days. Review, pics and buying experience coming soon.

What more, even got my membership at TBHP approved today
Old 18th November 2010, 09:52   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Booked a Vento HL petrol in the second week of September from Bhasin Motors and got delivery today after a wait of 69 days. Review, pics and buying experience coming soon.

Hearty congratulations on getting the delivery of your Vento & becoming a member of TBHP . Welcome to the forum.

Please share more details about your Vento, your first hand experience. Hope you would be starting your ownership thread very soon.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:01   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post

Congrats Abhinav.. Welcome to the club. Waiting for your detailed report and pics. Happy driving..
Old 18th November 2010, 14:01   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhinav!!

Do post some nice pics of exterior as well as interiors soon.

Nice to see people buying T-Jets and Ventos, rather than the conventional choice of ANHC.

Wishing you a lots of happy KMs with the beauty.

Most Viewed