Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 17:51   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Hehe.. my cars have the audible warning too but I still manage to leave the lights on
As for the LEDs you can get LED light strips in the market and these have been incorporated by many members in their vehicle's headlamp/parking light assemblies as well as in the ORVM as turn indicators. You can see these in the modification threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos
Thats not a problem since there's an audible warning if you take the keys out of ignition and open the drivers door with headlights on in the Vento. I was looking for the LED's for the looks, like we see on Audi's and BMW's.

Last edited by khoj : 1st December 2010 at 17:53.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:05   #1172

Vento AT mileage

Friends, I am on the verge of booking a Vento AT. I have seen the reviews on this forum and they helped a lot in making up my mind. However, I have a question: On both the test drives I took (on different cars), the average mileage displayed was between 5 and 6 kmpl. The salesperson wasnt able to explain why the figure was that low... he claimed a city mileage of 10-11 kmpl. Should I expect a really low city mileage with the Vento AT? Thanks for letting me know.

Note from Moderator: Topic moved in here.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd December 2010 at 14:09. Reason: Threads merged.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:11   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Nobody knows the true answer as we do not have a Vento At owner in the forum yet.
Polo 1.6 gives around 9.5-10 kmpl in city conditions as per owners.
Vento AT being heavier and Auto tranny should give 7-8 kmpl IMO. Do not expect more than that. I10 auto which is much lighter and has a smaller engine is known to give single digit mileage in city driving conditions.
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:45   #1174
BHPian

What's the advantage of day running lights?
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:51   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
What's the advantage of day running lights?
You can see more on this here:
Daytime Running Lamp: DRL
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:09   #1176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Nobody knows the true answer as we do not have a Vento At owner in the forum yet.
9-10 kmpl. Got this from a Vento AT owner.
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:10   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vento AT being heavier and Auto tranny should give 7-8 kmpl IMO. Do not expect more than that. I10 auto which is much lighter and has a smaller engine is known to give single digit mileage in city driving conditions.
9kmpl is what my friend managed to squeeze out of his Vento AT (pretty good considering the traffic and road conditions in Cochin)
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:48   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
On both the test drives I took (on different cars), the average mileage displayed was between 5 and 6 kmpl. The salesperson wasnt able to explain why the figure was that low... he claimed a city mileage of 10-11 kmpl.
Hey Buddy, Dont go by the displayed mileage of TD cars. These cars would have been used over short distances and by people having a multitude of driving habits and this can really affect the fuel consumption to a very large extent. Would suggest you to have a word with the service advisors at VW rather than sales folks.

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 2nd December 2010 at 16:56.
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:21   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly off-topic, but a couple of friends with SX4s get single-digit fuel economy from their manual transmissions. That, to me, was a shocker.
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:29   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Slightly off-topic, but a couple of friends with SX4s get single-digit fuel economy from their manual transmissions. That, to me, was a shocker.
Yes my friends who own SX4 get 9-10 kmpl
Old 4th December 2010, 07:07   #1181
BHPian

My Vento (Petrol, Highline, Manual Transmission, Candy White) has finally arrived! I installed all-black Stanley genuine leather seats yesterday. The contrast looks gorgeous. I still need to install sun control film (I'm considering between VKool Diamond and 3M CR Crystalline grades).

My initial driving experience is mixed (I never got an opportunity to test drive till delivery and booked the car only on VW trustmark). Gear change is slick, effortless and clicks perfectly into place. The feel of power and torque are surprisingly good (while driving during peak evening traffic from VW Downtown showroom at Prabhadevi to Mulund (W) via Eastern Express Highway), though I wasn't very happy with the torque on 2nd gear. I probably need to understand the gearing ratios of Vento better. Manoeuverability is very good in crowded traffic situations and steering is effortless. Suspension is quite stiff, bordering on uncomfortable, especially over speed-breakers. This is disappointing me, but I want to ensure that the tyres haven't come hyper inflated from the delivery showroom. The interior space (especially the rear legroom and boot space) is generous. The battery does not show any brand and the showroom detailer explained that it's a "dry cell battery" (Huh?) sourced directly by VW from OEM. Headlamp intensity is good and quite adequate (despite some reports to the contrary). Sound quality from built-in speakers is very good (I used my favourite Carpenters CD to test bass, noise, harmonic distortions and stereo channel seperation qualities). From corner to corner, inside and outside, Vento has an impeccable fit and finish -- truly exuding quality! The detailer explained about a motion sensor (as an anti-theft security device) above the rear-view mirror. I need to understand this better before commenting.

I booked Vento purely on impulse and published specs (that is, without being given an opportunity by the dealer to test drive). I'm now worried about the stiff suspension and I sincerely hope that I won't end up crying like VW's shop-floor engineers!
Old 4th December 2010, 12:30   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
My Vento (Petrol, Highline, Manual Transmission, Candy White) has finally arrived!

The battery does not show any brand and the showroom detailer explained that it's a "dry cell battery" (Huh?) sourced directly by VW from OEM. Headlamp intensity is good and quite adequate (despite some reports to the contrary).

I'm now worried about the stiff suspension and I sincerely hope that I won't end up crying like VW's shop-floor engineers!
Congratulations on the new acquisition. The battery should be a maintenance free sealed battery. Infact the bulbs too would be carrying the VW logo just like those in the Jetta, just peep in from the headlight glass and the VW logo would stare right back at you. As for the suspension the over inflated tires should be the culprits to a large extent. Get the pressure checked when the tires are cold either in the morning or after the car has been standing for atleast a good 6 hours and do drive slowly to the nearest reliable air vend. Ideally get Nitrogen filled in as I feel that apart from other benefits it somehow helps the tires deliver a smoother ride. Last but not the least do post snaps as the thread has become too dry and your vehicle with its Stanely interiors would help the juices to start flowing again.
Old 4th December 2010, 14:52   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
I booked Vento purely on impulse and published specs (that is, without being given an opportunity by the dealer to test drive). I'm now worried about the stiff suspension and I sincerely hope that I won't end up crying like VW's shop-floor engineers!
Congratulations MSPrabhakar. Eagerly awaiting to see the snaps of your candy white Vento with the Stanley interiors. Please start your ownership thread asap. As khoj has suggested please check the tyre pressure & adjust it the company specified level. Even a 2-3 psi over & above the specified level is bound to make the ride harsher. I won't however agree to it that filling Nitrogen would be of great help.
Old 4th December 2010, 21:26   #1184
BHPian

Chennai VW dealer claims that Vento Highline Diesel booking is stopped till Febrauary and that it has a 7-8 months waiting period, Is that true?
Old 5th December 2010, 14:26   #1185
BHPian

Thanks to the fantastic review by GTO and contributions from all others in this thread i went ahead and booked the VENTO Diesel Trendline (Red) on 3-Nov-10 at Global Gallarie and was told that i can expect the delivery in the month of Feb'11.

Going by the updates on this thread i did settle for that.But what i am about to write now may come as a suprise for all you.It definitely was a suprise for me !!!.

I got a call from the dealer on 1-Dec-10 stating my car has arrived and that i need to initiate the payment process.I asked the guy on the phone to reconfirm .He stated that they themselves were suprised !!!! as no one had got the allotment under 1 month.

Now i was in a fix as i wanted the car to be of the 2011 make.But then i settled for it coz i can dispose my swift petrol which has done 1 lakh kms plus this week and get a better value though i do know that for my vento in the long run it will be -ve on the re-sale front .Think it could also be that someone may have cancelled the booking done before and the car just got alloted to me...Please post your comments.

Also wanted help on the following aspects.

Wanted to install a 4 channel amplifier with 4 speakers and sub woofer.But the VW sales staff have told me that the warranty would not be valid on the car electrical parts..includes the chips if any controlling the engine.Do you think its worth the risk to get the same installed outside or should i settle for the VW integrated set up.Had done that in my swift way back in 2006 and till date never had a problem.But then it was MARUTI SUZUKI.

I also inquired for the keyless entry and security system.The answer was that they do not have this item seperately and i should not even think of installing it from the market as the VW staff claim that no one has been able to do such a fitment outside due to the different central locking system.

Please do post your inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks