Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 16:57   #1291
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
....Done 750 odd kms till now...
...Went twice on the Bandra worli sea link streched it till 130 kmph.Has endured couple of harsh test drives by my fiends also....
Congrats on the new car! Please be a little careful with RPM's in the first 2-3k km's. Mentioning since you did 130 in a new car and harsh TD's by friends. This article might of some help. Just trying to help buddy. Drive safe and have fun with your new car!

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Owning - How to Run-In your new car
Old 30th December 2010, 17:09   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wow looking at these mileage numbers from TDi owners, wondering if that is the route I should have chosen as well! Congrats Swift Express on your new baby!

BTW, does your handle indicate you are a Swift owner as well? Naveen is, and so am I. Does this mean people with Swifts opt for the Vento? Cool!
Hey, am noticing this now only. Maybe we can start a separate thread showcasing both the beauties
Old 31st December 2010, 15:36   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wow looking at these mileage numbers from TDi owners, wondering if that is the route I should have chosen as well! Congrats Swift Express on your new baby!

BTW, does your handle indicate you are a Swift owner as well? Naveen is, and so am I. Does this mean people with Swifts opt for the Vento? Cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Could be! I own a Swift too and am considering a Vento in the next 6 months. Both of us have the VXi with G-Series engine too
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hey, am noticing this now only. Maybe we can start a separate thread showcasing both the beauties
Thanks one and all for the wishes.

Just to add to the bit on the swift to vento switchover trend.

Swift easily has the most powerfull engine in its segment and hence existing swift owners who wanted to switch over to a sedan would obviously have wanted their new car to be a powerhouse in its segment.Dzire would not be an option for most as while driving one will not look back and feel on top of the world that his/her car now has a boot !!!.

Vento Diesel definitely to my knowledge is really up there interms of engine performance and thats why i am not suprised that there are many who are doing this switchover.

But i must admit that i do miss driving the swift now dont know why.Hope i dont miss the swift badly when i pay up for the first scheduled service of the VENTO.Hope interms of per km cost it would be reasonable.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00029.jpg  

Old 31st December 2010, 15:46   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
[/list]You should be slightly more conservative. Please run-in the vehicle properly before you let 'er rip. I would suggest you stick to going at no more than 85-95 kmph for the first 1,500-2,000 kms. Also, avoid handing out your new car to friends for test drives.
Of course this is all advice, its your car in the end!

All the best, happy mile-munching. Cheers

Thanks with ur advice but just could not resist checking out the power surge.But for the major part on open roads i am trying not to go beyond 80 kmph.

As far as the test drives well there are many who think that the cars now dont require any run in and this is backed by the fact that the owners manual printed by VW also does not specify any limit. Did search for this info but did not find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
[/list]You should be slightly more conservative. Please run-in the vehicle properly before you let 'er rip. I would suggest you stick to going at no more than 85-95 kmph for the first 1,500-2,000 kms. Also, avoid handing out your new car to friends for test drives.
Of course this is all advice, its your car in the end!

All the best, happy mile-munching. Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Congrats on the new car! Please be a little careful with RPM's in the first 2-3k km's. Mentioning since you did 130 in a new car and harsh TD's by friends. This article might of some help. Just trying to help buddy. Drive safe and have fun with your new car!

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Owning - How to Run-In your new car
Thanks mate will try my best to stick to your advice.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st December 2010 at 19:24. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 31st December 2010, 16:14   #1295
BANNED

so went and checked out the car. did a mini pdi and check best. VW is damn strict with people moving in their service station for some reason lol. checked out my car the main parts of the car have white wrapping on them so no dings or marks come on them. the facility in bombay is clean, i guess because its brand new. initially im super impressed with the way the car is kept as of now monday delivery
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:45   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But i must admit that i do miss driving the swift now dont know why.Hope i dont miss the swift badly when i pay up for the first scheduled service of the VENTO.Hope interms of per km cost it would be reasonable.
I thought so. That's exactly why I am not selling the Swift when I go in for the new sedan (Vento as of now). unless I can find an able replacement (which I am struggling to find now).
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:03   #1297
BHPian

Delivery Updates on Bangalore

Just visited Palace Cross in Bangalore. They have already delivered 95 vehicles till now. Total Bangalore deliveries are close to 230 vehicles

Another 100 vehicles are expected this month

My vehicle would be getting delivered this month! aah finally!!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:34   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Delivery Updates on Bangalore

Just visited Palace Cross in Bangalore. They have already delivered 95 vehicles till now. Total Bangalore deliveries are close to 230 vehicles

Another 100 vehicles are expected this month

My vehicle would be getting delivered this month! aah finally!!!
Hopefully, mine will also be coming this month.

Heard that the price is getting revised this month. I do not intend to pay more just because they had a waiting for 3-4 months. Waiting to hear back from them on that. Did they say anything about the price?
Old 4th January 2011, 00:25   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Hopefully, mine will also be coming this month.

Heard that the price is getting revised this month. I do not intend to pay more just because they had a waiting for 3-4 months. Waiting to hear back from them on that. Did they say anything about the price?
Good news is price revision is on polo and not vento.
Bad news is if you book a vento now you will get the price as on the date of delivery.
Thats what they told me.
Old 4th January 2011, 01:50   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Whilst that sounds a bit scamish, it is normal practice in UK, I think. I never, ever, bought a new car, although I drove a couple that my employers bought new.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:39   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Evilshatanu and motorhead.

Waiting for your report and pics too.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:18   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats Evilshatanu and motorhead.

Waiting for your report and pics too.
Thanks Naveen.
will start an ownership thread once I get the delivery
Old 4th January 2011, 16:16   #1303
BHPian

Saw on a different thread. In case somebody is not following that

"Locally produced products are ace for Volkswagen. The sales champions for the year 2010 was clearly the Polo and the Vento (total units sold: 27, 946) which have proven to be the right products for the Indian customers catapulting the Brand’s growth"

source: Volkswagen FY10 sales skyrockets
Old 5th January 2011, 17:30   #1304
BHPian

Guys,

Which one of the following HU will suit for Vento HL TDI? Where to get this in India?

Thanks

Differences between the Volkswagen RCD 210, RCD 310, RNS 310, RCD 510 and the RNS 510 | my-gti.com
Old 5th January 2011, 20:34   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Guys,

Which one of the following HU will suit for Vento HL TDI? Where to get this in India?

Thanks

Differences between the Volkswagen RCD 210, RCD 310, RNS 310, RCD 510 and the RNS 510 | my-gti.com
You can also see this thread for HU

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2108008

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks