Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 01:14   #1336
BHPian

Re: First pics: Petes tuned 130 HP VW Vento TDI

^^^^^I wasn't being sarcastic Ricky_63, I am appreciating the mods.
Old 11th January 2011, 08:01   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Re: First pics: Petes tuned 130 HP VW Vento TDI

those wheels look awesome. I am bit confused here. Why is the owner not posting this review.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:51   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post

About my car he says if i book now, i will get it by march end...but 2011 models will have a price increase of 20-25K....
That is not true. As per the official press release by VW India, only Polo's price has been hiked by 2.9%. There is absolutely no mention about the Vento. You can find the release on the official VW India site or even on any news site.

Regarding discounts and freebies, its very difficult to get any on the Vento. First of all, its a very new car in Indian market and secondly, it has got mind-blowing response. So, its hard to strike a deal, but you can try your best to get some accessories atleast.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:57   #1339
BHPian

16K corporate discount is the same country wide.

also I dont think that they are integrating steering mounted controls etc, and the new deliveries are 2011 model and not 2010 model, just checked with a couple of friends who got the car in the last 2 weeks. VW had cut down the production by 25% for the same in Dec

Also, most of the deliveries at VW palace cross are Trendline versions..... not sure of this trend

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2011 at 22:31. Reason: Removing quoted post
Old 11th January 2011, 12:40   #1340
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
16K corporate discount is the same country wide.

also I dont think that they are integrating steering mounted controls etc, and the new deliveries are 2011 model and not 2010 model, just checked with a couple of friends who got the car in the last 2 weeks. VW had cut down the production by 25% for the same in Dec

Also, most of the deliveries at VW palace cross are Trendline versions..... not sure of this trend

Any upgardes etal does not mean they come with Vento mfged in 2011, rather its a possiblity that VW have indirectly say that they are looking at feedbacks and evaluating possibilities.

which leaves with a thought that as the market is getting more and more competetive with more cars crowding , its imperative that manufactures shall think of making minor updates that will not imapct them in way production etc( which is like better audio with BT, USB, leather seats, possible streeting controls borrowed from big bro's like jetta etc ( a matter of wiring which could as well exisit in Vneto), lastly redcuing the hump in rear section is somthing un sure as this as to do with main production.

Let wait how the market makes VW adopt and cater to the dynamic customer needs!
Old 11th January 2011, 15:19   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post

According to sales folks, the new deliveries are all 2011 models. They are also planning for a slightly revised Vento by mid 2011. The ones they mentioned (unofficially) were steering mounted controls, another music system with usb/aux in, indicators on ORVM etc + reported issues sorted out.. Not sure what the truth is..

Another bad news that I got from the technical service team is that the warranty for all fittings related to the tyre (including suspension) will be void if we change the tyres. This includes a regular upgrade to 205 or 195 from stock 185 even if we continue with 15" stock alloys!!. I am not at all happy with that. Don't want to forgo suspension warranty especially when people are facing issues. Not happy with 185 also!
Old 11th January 2011, 16:08   #1342
BHPian

slightly off topic (Mods please excuse me :-P)
but interesting for all VW lovers

High-Tech Car Factory
Old 11th January 2011, 16:19   #1343
BANNED

According to sales folks, the new deliveries are all 2011 models. They are also planning for a slightly revised Vento by mid 2011. The ones they mentioned (unofficially) were steering mounted controls, another music system with usb/aux in, indicators on ORVM etc + reported issues sorted out.. Not sure what the truth is..

I guess every dealer has thier own story...the one i talked to in delhi may have 2010 stock lying around hence the story...he did say a 20-25k increase thgh i am not sure

It incredible how much lies they speak...a frnd of mine is looking for i20 and a dealer in ggn said that company has discontinued era model....we then checked in delhi and they say they can easily give 2011 era no issues....

Any update on the 4400 delhi dealer is adding to registration in the name of mandatory wax paint/no. plate??
Old 11th January 2011, 21:07   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Another bad news that I got from the technical service team is that the warranty for all fittings related to the tyre (including suspension) will be void if we change the tyres. This includes a regular upgrade to 205 or 195 from stock 185 even if we continue with 15" stock alloys!!. I am not at all happy with that. Don't want to forgo suspension warranty especially when people are facing issues. Not happy with 185 also!
Thats great. Only the fittings relating to tyre and suspension are void. What else do you expect from an OEM. There are a few Maruti/Hyundai customers who are not getting warranty on engine for tyre upgrade. I guess this is a good news. When I asked the same question to the VW representative he said. Putting wider tyres will put more strain on the engine so the warranty will be void. Heck even putting some extra luggage in the boot will increase the load on Engine. I think they should void warranty in that case also. And finally do not rely on their word of mouth. When the need will arise they will try their their best to void warranty at any cost. After all they are Skodas wearing a mask.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:20   #1345
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Thats great. Only the fittings relating to tyre and suspension are void. What else do you expect from an OEM. There are a few Maruti/Hyundai customers who are not getting warranty on engine for tyre upgrade. I guess this is a good news. When I asked the same question to the VW representative he said. Putting wider tyres will put more strain on the engine so the warranty will be void. Heck even putting some extra luggage in the boot will increase the load on Engine. I think they should void warranty in that case also. And finally do not rely on their word of mouth. When the need will arise they will try their their best to void warranty at any cost. After all they are Skodas wearing a mask.

Well India is one such market OEM are just doing things as they wish with are less consumer friendly laws , OEM are bullying with what ever they think..

Wish the way market has grown over the past decade, the consumer friendly laws should take shape, like to see instances grow where OEM recalls cars for issues( minor /major), which is very rare in India( especically sub C+ ).segement)
Old 12th January 2011, 16:47   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the grapevine that I have also got through someone. I was asked to wait for 6 months if I wanted a car with additional factory fitted accessories.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:33   #1347
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is the grapevine that I have also got through someone. I was asked to wait for 6 months if I wanted a car with additional factory fitted accessories.
Probably worth the wait, at the same time VW should go ahead and live up to its reputation for quality and customer passion by giving them as add on's/ updaets to the Vento's sold till date.

This will make VW a real king Brand to look back for its own good!
Old 12th January 2011, 18:38   #1348
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2011 at 11:08.
evilshantanu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th January 2011, 20:07   #1349
mxx
BHPian

detailed info on the petes tuned vento in this link

http://www.petes.in/images/vento.pdf
Old 12th January 2011, 22:34   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Also somethng i noticed that wasnt so in gurgaon is additional 4400rs tat he said were mandatory and were for wax paint and number plate....
VW Delhi South Also charged me something around that amount as Handling, Number plate and registration charges. They were clubbed with registration and I didn't resist as I didn't want to go through the hassle of registering it myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks