Old 13th January 2011, 10:00   #1351
vcx
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
detailed info on the petes tuned vento in this link

http://www.petes.in/images/vento.pdf

Neat Mods for heart , wheels/rubber, dayrunning lights and carbon finish type of stanley leather seats.

Looks neat and would be good for all to know the cost of such things added!
Old 13th January 2011, 10:59   #1352
BHPian

Liked the rear disc conversion

The car would have looked hot if they traded the stock headlights to the smoked Euro version!

Quote:

Old 13th January 2011, 20:21   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not a comprehensive Review on the engine performance. May be I am spoilt by GTO's reviews.
1 sec improvement in 0-100 may not be considered mind blowing. But 1.2 sec improvement in in-gear acceleration is decent enough, specially when the stock car does does 20-80 in 9.6 sec. Maybe 215/40 R17 is also responible for another .5 sec. Or else it would be even quicker.
WONDER IF THESE FIGURES ARE WITH AC ON?

215/40 R17 is way too low profile for Indian roads. Though it has killer looks.
Old 13th January 2011, 22:34   #1354
BANNED

Note from Support:

- Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this...
- Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2011 at 22:34. Reason: Note inline
Old 14th January 2011, 11:44   #1355
BHPian

They are taking you for a ride. The Road Tax, Registration, smart card and parking charges total upto Rs. 61 thousand something. I was charged Rs. 6666 extra as number plate, handling and registration charges. If I didn't want to pay that extra amount I'd have to get it registered myself, run around, get own number plates etc. By paying the extra amount I took the car out the very same day I made payment (which was a national holiday so RTO closed) with a free temp. number and got the number plates fixed the next day. After 1.5 months the RC smart card arrived too. In the end I guess it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Maybe you should report this to VW.
If they are forcing him to pay then he should.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2011 at 22:38. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 17th January 2011, 11:45   #1356
vcx
BHPian

In Hyderabad, VW dealer is charging nearly Rs. 15k as incidental charges, Insurance at Rs.43K and standard corporate discount Rs.16k.
Old 17th January 2011, 16:16   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
In Hyderabad, VW dealer is charging nearly Rs. 15k as incidental charges, Insurance at Rs.43K and standard corporate discount Rs.16k.
I bargained down the insurance from Rs. 29000 to 21,000 so obviously at 43,000 you are getting ripped off. Its worth mentioning that Bhasin Motors didn't pay the full amount to Bajaj due to which my insurance was done for third party claim only and I was intimated after a full one month, had to run around to get it corrected. If the car had an accident or got stolen in that time then...
Old 17th January 2011, 18:01   #1358
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
I bargained down the insurance from Rs. 29000 to 21,000 so obviously at 43,000 you are getting ripped off. Its worth mentioning that Bhasin Motors didn't pay the full amount to Bajaj due to which my insurance was done for third party claim only and I was intimated after a full one month, had to run around to get it corrected. If the car had an accident or got stolen in that time then...

Totally agree Rs43K is too high, but thats suprisingly high from what you got as Rs29K???

Also like to know if one opts to get insurances from outside, would it still
be honoured equally to that what VW dealers provide?

The case is same with Honda too quoting high insurance prices and offering them as discounts??, but heard Honda dealers warn that customer may benefit less( issues in calim,less advantges in coverages etc) if they opt for insurance outside what they offer.

Like to hear more.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:06   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree Rs43K is too high, but thats suprisingly high from what you got as Rs29K???

The case is same with Honda too quoting high insurance prices and offering them as discounts??, but heard Honda dealers warn that customer may benefit less( issues in calim,less advantges in coverages etc) if they opt for insurance outside what they offer.

Like to hear more.
I got the insurance done for my vento @ Rs31k approx through the dealer with ICICI Lomnbard.But the premium is inclusive of Rs 5k approx for Zero depreciation clause .i.e. in the unfortunate event of an accident the claimant will get the full amount for the Glass and plastics parts.Without this clause claimant has to bear 50% of the value of such parts .For cars like vento its always advisable to go in for the zero dep policy .Folks Please do correct me if my understanding on this is wrong

I did get cheaper quotes from other companies but there was no zero dep clause.My dealer would have pocketed commision of 15% on total premium.If one bargains hard you can get a discount with the dealer cutting down on his commision.But going my the mad rush for vento the dealer will not budge.

If you get an insurance done from outside at worst you may not get the cashless benifit but no one can deny you the claim
Old 18th January 2011, 20:15   #1360
BHPian

Quote:

Like to hear more.
Even the 29k was overcharged. I got a qoute from TATA AIG for Rs. 21,000 and when I said that I'll get it from outside the dealer matched it. There are absolutely no issues if you go from insurance from another dealer, just try to get from the top companies even if you pay a little more and avoid government companies.

@swiftexpress: Zero dep is desirable but 5000 looks way too much, TATA AIG was offering it for Rs. 2000 only (10% extra on premium)

My Question:

There are no pin-type gear locks for Vento and when I went to my regular accessories dealer to get a U-type lock he outright refused

He said there's no need for it and it'll only spoil the interior

So is it true that this can't be stolen at all with the factory immobilizer and central locking + interior surveillance (Alarm goes off if theres any movement or breathing inside a car locked with the key remote) ? Should I stop worrying?
Old 18th January 2011, 20:54   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6277
Size:  36.1 KB

You can even get this quote online from icici lombard. Just 24K.
God damn!! the dealer is ripping us all with a quote of 43K.

Overcharging the fellow customers is very well executed in SKODA. Looks like VW is no Different.

Are you listening VW?? If you want to survive in Indian market you have got to be fair.
Old 18th January 2011, 21:58   #1362
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Attachment 485272

You can even get this quote online from icici lombard. Just 24K.
God damn!! the dealer is ripping us all with a quote of 43K.

Overcharging the fellow customers is very well executed in SKODA. Looks like VW is no Different.

Are you listening VW?? If you want to survive in Indian market you have got to be fair.

Appreciate the info, One can give a real thought , evaluate options and then go ahead.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:57   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Vento delivery woes

I personally liked the looks of Vento..somewhat similar to the lines of the OHC & Baleno. Nice specifications including the safety features with a diesel option, added to the ***** review about the car makes it a clear winner. Vento looks stunning in both Red & White. User reviews on the handling of the vehicle on highways are very positive.

But the strong negative clouding VW is the irresponsible dealer attitude & extended delivery time frame. I was told that they had temporarily stopped taking the booking for Vento in Chennai & had no idea when they will resume the booking though he had hinted that things might improve by March 2011.

Already there are posts floating around TBHP on users exploring next possible options due to the above cited reasons. This is a right time to keep adding the customer base of this segment by reasonable delivery time before other Companies introduce their competitive models.

Where did it would have gone wrong? How difficult is it to ramp up the production?
Old 18th January 2011, 23:11   #1364
vcx
BHPian

Re: Vento delivery woes

My take is that VW may have not factored in such demand coming its ways rights from the days they launched Polo. VW could have assumed response cou;ld be a bit more to its Jetta,Passat line( which actually back fired) leading to production issues.

Ramping up production is indeed a much calculated task, its after so many years Hyundai is planning to add a plant in Gujarat and so has Maruti thought of adding plants after years of speculation.

But then current market is dynamic and customer expects to OEM's to act swfitly. I am certain VW has factored in additional production which I understand is up from Jan 2011.

The other reason keep making low voices is a possibility of Vento with minor updates in mid 2011.

Like to hear views from others and any folks from VW on TBHP.
Old 18th January 2011, 23:43   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento delivery woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Where did it would have gone wrong? How difficult is it to ramp up the production?
Surprise, I am surprised that you are not surprised at this. VW have very very little presence in India, especially in Chennai. Exactly how many showrooms and A.S.S are there ? How can they handle this enormous volume of folks wanting to buy a VW ? Yeah, their ads seem like they want to hit the heart of India, but do they have the infrastructure to handle this demand and subsequent service ? I just hope they do not become another FIAT of the early 2000s and end up having a tie up with Mahindra.

Most Viewed