Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 23:12   #1411
BHPian

Re: She's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I went ahead and booked the car expecting delivery delays. So that is not the issue here. The issue is that the dealer is not being professional and is avoiding any discussion. They could always explain the reason in a professional manner so that customers could take informed decisions. Most customers will appreciate that in the long term, though there will be short term disappointments. That is where VW as a company should act and pull the dealers up.

I agree, I was ready to wait for 5 months. I am even fine with the non-professional attitude of the dealer. But when I register a complaint at VW, they should respond to it right ?

Then one fine day I had to spend my entire morning trying out different numbers of their Head office trying to reach the correct guy. When I do reach him, instead of helping me out, he is irritated that, from where did I get his number from. Then he is throwing loads of attitude at me, acting like a big shot at VW

And its only after 3 days of pleading and requesting that they gave me the approximate date of delivery. Why is VW acting like "King George" here?

Are we clowns who booked a vehicle and sitting in anticipation that one fine day the Gods at VW would bless us and give us a call.

PS: I am sorry, this post is not to be taken personally by anybody, but its just that I am very frustrated with their non-professional attitude. They think that they can take us for granted....
Old 21st January 2011, 23:13   #1412
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I went ahead and booked the car expecting delivery delays. So that is not the issue here. The issue is that the dealer is not being professional and is avoiding any discussion. They could always explain the reason in a professional manner so that customers could take informed decisions. Most customers will appreciate that in the long term, though there will be short term disappointments. That is where VW as a company should act and pull the dealers up

What if:-

1) The dealers really have no idea of when the vehicle will be delivered till the time they get shipping info from plant.

2) they know the exact amount of delay and the reason too but the reason is such that can not be told to the customers (like lack of capacity, mis-management, shortage of parts etc). If you are a dealer, would you tell your customer this? and if you do, what brand value/customer impression will you be left with about the company.Right now most people buy the car because of the company and not the dealer.

@noopster

congrats mate.Happy that finally you will enjoy your princsss the side protection in black plastic? was it an accessory promised by dealer as deal or you paid for it?
Old 21st January 2011, 23:38   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I agree, I was ready to wait for 5 months. I am even fine with the non-professional attitude of the dealer. But when I register a complaint at VW, they should respond to it right ?

Then one fine day I had to spend my entire morning trying out different numbers of their Head office trying to reach the correct guy. When I do reach him, instead of helping me out, he is irritated that, from where did I get his number from. Then he is throwing loads of attitude at me, acting like a big shot at VW

And its only after 3 days of pleading and requesting that they gave me the approximate date of delivery. Why is VW acting like "King George" here?

Are we clowns who booked a vehicle and sitting in anticipation that one fine day the Gods at VW would bless us and give us a call.

PS: I am sorry, this post is not to be taken personally by anybody, but its just that I am very frustrated with their non-professional attitude. They think that they can take us for granted....
I met a couple of German VW guys on a flight from Frankfurt to Pune, and they could not stop cribbing about the Indian car buyer (and their Indian counterparts, but thats another story). After hearing them out, I only told them that they may have a great product, but there is no reason for them to look down upon a paying customer. I think somehow this holier than thou attitude has rubbed off and percolated to the dealers too. I dont think VW is considered a premium brand in Europe/ US, so dont understand where the snobbishness is coming from
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2011, 08:22   #1414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post

@noopster

congrats mate.Happy that finally you will enjoy your princsss the side protection in black plastic? was it an accessory promised by dealer as deal or you paid for it?
Thanks avaya! "VW doesn't give anything free" (actual quote)

I had a mixed buying experience (will elaborate more in owership thread) but I can totally get what evilshantanu and others are saying. I hope that you guys get your Ventos soon, after all when you choose a car you don't like to go back on your choice and settle for something else! I would suggest having waited so long, if you get a commitment from any person at the dealership (try the backoffice folks, instead of SRs and high-n-mighty managers) you can reconcile yourself to the aditional wait, galling as it may seem. In all honesty, long waiting periods are becoming a norm rather than an exception, though VW seems worse equiped to handle it than some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I met a couple of German VW guys on a flight from Frankfurt to Pune, and they could not stop cribbing about the Indian car buyer (and their Indian counterparts, but thats another story). After hearing them out, I only told them that they may have a great product, but there is no reason for them to look down upon a paying customer. I think somehow this holier than thou attitude has rubbed off and percolated to the dealers too. I dont think VW is considered a premium brand in Europe/ US, so dont understand where the snobbishness is coming from
Whoa they actually did that?! Am glad you made the point on our behalf. I have heard that the German idea of service is very different to what we are used to, but of course that does not let them off the hook!
It's a little strange don't you think? What kinda idiot disses his own clients, that too in public? Very unprofessional.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd January 2011 at 08:26.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2011, 09:38   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally.! Congrats Noops.! Finally got to see her after the long wait uh.?
Waiting for more pics and report from you. How about painting the side beading to white?
What accessories have you planned to install? Also, let me know the price of each.

Enjoy your ride dude.!
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:33   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post

I agree with you.
After reading GTO’s review I just wanted to do one test drive before I make the payment to dealer. I personally visited VW showroom three times for a test drive. They could not give me a Vento for test drive. On the fourth visit to show room I was lucky to get a Vento for test drive. I booked the vehicle same day. And then the long wait started. I knew that I will have to wait and was prepared for 4 months waiting. But as time passed dealer had no idea about when they can give me the vehicle. In between the sales executive quit and that made follow ups more difficult, I had to first explain to someone that I am a customer. I finally decided to cancel the booking. Called up Honda, they send me a test drive vehicle in next 30 minutes. ANHC was delivered in 2 weeks. I am happy with my ANHC.
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:17   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I have heard that the German idea of service is very different to what we are used to, but of course that does not let them off the hook!
I heard that, if you buy a VW in Germany, you can track the progress of the car until the minute you take delivery of it.

I think this rather puts them on the hook!
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:05   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, my Vento AT is registered and at the dealer's. Taking delivery tomorrow. I couldn't resist so went down for a quick inspection and everything looks OK. Awesome new car smell, 27.5km on the odo, Apollo Acelere tyres (was dreading JK or Goodyear!). Accessories are being fitted and I got a couple of quick snaps on my mobile camera.

Sorry for the quality, will obviously post much better ones on my own ownership thread, coming soon!
Congratulations Noopster.

One more eagerly awaited Vento in this forum gets delivered finally!

Do start your ownership thread asap.
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:30   #1419
BHPian

Hello guys,

This is my first post in TeamBHP.. I booked my Vento TDI Highline Silver on October 6,2010 in Hyderabad.. I just spoke to the dealer and he said it's scheduled for Feb 1st week of delivery.. I had to call him for knowing that.. :(

I also enquired with him about the status of Blue/Beige on Vento and he suggested VW might start the production of these colors by this month end.. So I requested a change of color to Blue if that's true.. He couldn't guarantee though and right now he is in process of finding that out.. I think Blue might be a good color.. If I pick Blue and if the production of Blue starts by this month end as expected, then I might get it by February ending or March 1st Week.. So let's see what VW has in mind..
Old 22nd January 2011, 22:35   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Hello guys,

This is my first post in TeamBHP.. I booked my Vento TDI Highline Silver on October 6,2010 in Hyderabad.. I just spoke to the dealer and he said it's scheduled for Feb 1st week of delivery.. I had to call him for knowing that.. :(

I also enquired with him about the status of Blue/Beige on Vento and he suggested VW might start the production of these colors by this month end.. So I requested a change of color to Blue if that's true.. He couldn't guarantee though and right now he is in process of finding that out.. I think Blue might be a good color.. If I pick Blue and if the production of Blue starts by this month end as expected, then I might get it by February ending or March 1st Week.. So let's see what VW has in mind..
Just got the status from my sales manager. Changed the color to blue and my booking is postponed to March(12 th week of this year). I figured waiting one more month wouldn't hurt me more.. And the color would be different from the routine silver and white..
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:42   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Blue looks awesome on the Jetta and if it's the same shade, you are in for a visual treat. BTW I was in line for terra beige and changed to white and got it in a week!

naveenraju, Ventoman- my ownership review is up dudes. I do believe it's the fastest "time to market" in TBHP history (mods can confirm LOL). Will post all details there.
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:11   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I figured waiting one more month wouldn't hurt me more.. And the color would be different from the routine silver and white..
Shadow Blue will make the Vento's straight lines and flanks stand out giving it a real muscular look. Great choice there.

BTW in case anyone is interested BU Bhandari in Poona has a White Vento Petrol AT Highline available ex stock, cash and carry.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:06   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Blue looks awesome on the Jetta and if it's the same shade, you are in for a visual treat. BTW I was in line for terra beige and changed to white and got it in a week!

naveenraju, Ventoman- my ownership review is up dudes. I do believe it's the fastest "time to market" in TBHP history (mods can confirm LOL). Will post all details there.
The sales manager mentioned it's pretty much the same shade.. Hopefully it is.. I think its also near to Skoda Laura Blue color.. Congrats on the white..
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:22   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, my Vento AT is registered and at the dealer's. Taking delivery tomorrow.
Congrats buddy!

Finally you made it to the Bronze medal position (3rd Vento AT on TBHP) . Nonetheless!

First AT in Pune on TBHP?

Would love to meet you and see your beauty in flesh sometime.
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:16   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Shadow Blue will make the Vento's straight lines and flanks stand out giving it a real muscular look. Great choice there.

BTW in case anyone is interested BU Bhandari in Poona has a White Vento Petrol AT Highline available ex stock, cash and carry.

BUB also has a red Vento Highline TDI available ex stock.

Most Viewed