Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 16:13   #1456
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

In terms of re-paint and touch up, what color do you guys think is easiest to match say after 3-4 yrs. I have booked a silver TDI but now am confused as a friend suggested that metallic colours are difficult to match in case a bumper etc needs to be repainted. However compared to that would'nt the white turn pale/yellowish in some yrs as well ??? Whats your take on this guys
Old 31st January 2011, 16:31   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I would say white is easiest to touch up, but typically you will never touch up small bumps and scratches; for the big ones (God Forbid!) you will claim insurance. When I say "you" I mean "me"

If you like Silver get Silver. It looks gorgeous. Think of the hours you will repent looking at your white Vento and wishing it were silver! Not worth the few K for some imaginary scratches!
Old 31st January 2011, 16:53   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post
In terms of re-paint and touch up, what color do you guys think is easiest to match say after 3-4 yrs. I have booked a silver TDI but now am confused as a friend suggested that metallic colours are difficult to match in case a bumper etc needs to be repainted. However compared to that would'nt the white turn pale/yellowish in some yrs as well ??? Whats your take on this guys
Does your friend run a paint booth, works in one or is even remotely connected to the refinishing business. I don't think so. Even if he is, I would suggest that you stay away from the suggestions and the paint booth run by such a 'knowledgeable' person.

One can match any colour shade be it metallic or non metallic on plastic or on metal. Further a majority of the vehicles sold by VW globally are painted in the "Reflex Silver" shade that you have booked and personally I feel that a white colour compact sedan = taxi.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:22   #1459
vcx
BHPian

Today I got to see an Vento in black, my take is its not much appealing as in white or silver the clean lines are unseen.

I wonder how shadow blue would appeal?

@khoj, I hear you white compact sedan= taxi, but the white here on Vento is much diff and overall appeal factor of Vento design enhances the color itself( more so for white).

Reflex sliver is a safe choice, but personally not an elegant one.

On a flip side more Vento's coming on roads are Candy White and Reflex sliver.

An intresting color on Vento would be drak grey which is available on Polo.

Keen to see Shadow blue, terra beige in flesh and blood!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:38   #1460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Further a majority of the vehicles sold by VW globally are painted in the "Reflex Silver" shade that you have booked and personally I feel that a white colour compact sedan = taxi.
Hey that hurts! In fact I was also anti-white for the same reason but when it came down to white vs silver, went with white. German cars look awesome in white- like VCX says the lines look neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I wonder how shadow blue would appeal?

An intresting color on Vento would be drak grey which is available on Polo.
The grey shade on the Polo is to die for. Imagine how awesome it would look on a Vento! Lost opportunity for sure. Shadow blue, if it is indeed the same shade as that on the Jetta, is awesome as well. Maybe the best colour yet!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:52   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Does your friend run a paint booth, works in one or is even remotely connected to the refinishing business. I don't think so. Even if he is, I would suggest that you stay away from the suggestions and the paint booth run by such a 'knowledgeable' person.
LOL, I have a silver vento and just had the spoiler painted. Th color matched flawlessly.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:02   #1462
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
LOL, I have a silver vento and just had the spoiler painted. Th color matched flawlessly.

Belive it one can get any color done, if one gets the talented painter to work on.

I personally have seen paint jb shops in Hyderabad play by mixing std colors available to come up with any shade world has...

So one should not bother about touch ups etc go with the color of your choice and pamper your senses.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:24   #1463
BANNED

Thanks everyone for your replies. It may have sounded like a naive question, but after driving a Black Swift for 4 years, I dont want to burn myself again.

Now dont get me wrong,I have had great fun with my black beauty, tinted glass and 5 spoke alloys, but now that I am 30, I want to make a "safe" decision.So want to go for an easy maintenance color this time around.

I think white Vento looks awesome, but my hometown is in punjab (i stay in gurgaon) and I dont know how many of you know but 99% of cars in punjab are white. Its a fact. So went with Silver
Old 31st January 2011, 21:32   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. It may have sounded like a naive question, but after driving a Black Swift for 4 years, I dont want to burn myself again.

Now dont get me wrong,I have had great fun with my black beauty, tinted glass and 5 spoke alloys, but now that I am 30, I want to make a "safe" decision.So want to go for an easy maintenance color this time around.

I think white Vento looks awesome, but my hometown is in punjab (i stay in gurgaon) and I dont know how many of you know but 99% of cars in punjab are white. Its a fact. So went with Silver
I agree with noopster, white looks great on some Sedans (particularly the European ones), lke Vento, Laura, BMW 5 / 7 series, Linea

on the other hand silver is also a color which can be maintained easily, small scratches and dust doesnt show on silver color. Looks classy as well, apart from the white

Happy driving!
Old 31st January 2011, 23:53   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey that hurts! In fact I was also anti-white for the same reason but when it came down to white vs silver, went with white. German cars look awesome in white- like VCX says the lines look neat!

The grey shade on the Polo is to die for. Imagine how awesome it would look on a Vento! Lost opportunity for sure. Shadow blue, if it is indeed the same shade as that on the Jetta, is awesome as well. Maybe the best colour yet!
I have nothing against white, in fact my Swift zxi is white and no it has not turned yellow in the two years that I have had it. It's just that I am tired of reading the paint experts opinions on colour matching and what not especially when they have no clue how this stuff works. No offence intended to anyone.

The best colour for Vento at the moment is 'Shadow Blue'. Will bring out Vento's profile in the best possible manner. White is elegant but will the most common colour going by the trend. The Blue while being a dark shade is still very easy to maintain asin it hides minor scratches and dirt etc. and stays cool during the summers(now you know why rooftops in Jodhpur are all painted in Blue).

Talking of 'Pepper Grey' & 'Shadow Blue' do heck out the 'Blue Graphite' that has been introduced for the Jetta in place of 'Spice Red'. This shade of blue would rock on both the Polo and the Vento but is exclusive to Jetta and upwards range.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:45   #1466
BHPian

Guys!!! Just got the news from my sales manager that VW started production of Shadow BLue, Terra Beige colors.. My car is slotted 7 in Hyderabad. They gave me TBD of 12th week of 2011. Fingers crossed!!! Wish me luck..
Old 1st February 2011, 13:13   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is definitely more than in other cars, and is unusual. I have felt the same in the Polo, Vento, Yeti and my Benz. Equally, there is NO such vibration in the Figo, Manza, Altis D4-D etc.
A European thing? I don't know. But it is definitely most prominent in the VW & Skoda cars. Heck, my antique Mahindra Jeep doesn't have it!
Thats exactly what surprised me, never encountering this in a Jeep, Scorpio, Xylo.
Old 1st February 2011, 13:44   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thats exactly what surprised me, never encountering this in a Jeep, Scorpio, Xylo.
Is it something to do with hydraulic clutch....
Not sure if hydraulic clutch is standard in all the cars now
Old 1st February 2011, 15:38   #1469
vcx
BHPian

@ CLASSSIC 86, which clor have you booked, I am keen to look Shadow blue/terra beige in flesh and blood( atleast some snaps ).

The clutch problem/vibration is somthing I understand VW india has taken a note from the feedback collated. We have to wait and see if they woudl have this sorted in 2011 mid Vento's or may leave it as-is( a matter of getting used to this way of the car)
Old 1st February 2011, 17:09   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
@ CLASSSIC 86, which clor have you booked, I am keen to look Shadow blue/terra beige in flesh and blood( atleast some snaps ).

The clutch problem/vibration is somthing I understand VW india has taken a note from the feedback collated. We have to wait and see if they woudl have this sorted in 2011 mid Vento's or may leave it as-is( a matter of getting used to this way of the car)
I have booked Blue.. Previously my booking was silver and was scheduled for delivery this week. But changed it to be different from the lot. Which color is yours??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks