Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 15:11   #9856
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Thanks mate. The problem got solved on its own. I didn't get time to visit the A.S.S and after three days, the indicator stopped blinking. I check for white smoke, power loss or change in FE figure and found no change in anything. Hence, assuming bad fuel to be the culprit. Will get it checked thoroughly during 90k service by next month.
The 'Coil Indicator' started to blink when driving today morning. Pulled off to the side, switched the engine and turned on after some time. No issues were seen. Should it be checked by the technician or can be ignored? Called up the SA, he told to get the car for inspection.
Old 17th January 2024, 14:11   #9857

Dear BHPians, My first post on this forum seems to be a worrisome one with issues with my Vento TSI. While i have some amazing moments with the vento, this is the first time i have had a consistent issue with the EPC light. Once the EPC light is on, the engine misfires, the throttle loses power, fluctuation while idling. The light & warning randomly switches off after restart. This occured while i was on a long trip to mysore and drove 250 kms post this.
The vento baby is in the service centre and they tell me everything looks fine and can't figure out the cause of this fault.

Sincere request from anyone here to advice if you have faced this with your Vento too.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th January 2024 at 14:45. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 17th January 2024, 14:47   #9858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihar9370 View Post
Dear BHPians, My first post on this forum seems to be a worrisome one with issues with my Vento TSI. While i have some amazing moments with the vento, this is the first time i have had a consistent issue with the EPC light. Once the EPC light is on, the engine misfires, the throttle loses power, fluctuation while idling. The light & warning randomly switches off after restart. This occured while i was on a long trip to mysore and drove 250 kms post this.

The vento baby is in the service centre and they tell me everything looks fine and can't figure out the cause of this fault.

Sincere request from anyone here to advice if you have faced this with your Vento too.
I have faced this issue back in 2020 in my Polo 1.2 TSI.

As usual the service centre was unhelpful, so I resorted to diagnosing the problem myself.

As it turns out, the issue was the coil wires / distributors + spark plugs. The problem went away when I replaced the distributor and cables, and installed new spark plugs.

In parallel, I would suggest you get the battery and voltage checked.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:28   #9859

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihar9370 View Post

Hi, I would suggest to clean the throttle body. Check if the idling rpm is not getting stuck below around 2000 - 3000 rpm. If this happening then the car is in limp mode. And no other lights, for eg. engine warning light is accompanied.

I believe cleaning the throttle body should resolve this. There is spray which is used for this. You can request them if they can do this.
Old 25th January 2024, 12:28   #9860

Thanks for the suggestions Pranay & Suhas.
As suggested had asked them to check the throttle body & spark plug / Wiring. Upon further investigation turns out the throttle body had a faulty valve that sometimes doesn’t close as it should leaving a gap. I was informed that this was the first ever case they have seen with a faulty value. Nevertheless, the throttle body was replaced and is working faultlessly again. Thanks for the help as it was turning out to be an annoying issue for 14-15 days.
nihar9370 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 11:26   #9861

Good to hear Nihar, that the issue has resolved. Could you let me know what was the cost for this replacement from the service center.

I have a manual vento and the gear change indicators have stopped displaying on the instrument cluster. As suggested here, I requested to enable it through vcds. But the service advisor says there is no such option. Not sure what's the issue. Don't know if this could be any loose wiring anywhere. Any idea what could be the problem.

The driving isn't affecting it's just something which is a miss in the cluster sometimes when I look at.

Awaiting any possible solutions or causes.
Old 7th February 2024, 04:46   #9862

The vw service advisor investigated and is not sure why the gear upshift indicator has stopped working. He concluded that this is not available in the 2013 manual petrol variant. I informed him that this was available prior to the abs sensor replacement. They are still stating there is no way to enable this through the Volkswagen software. I am not sure why it has stopped working. Any bhpians who can guide me on this. There are no fault codes in the system. It's just the gear change indicator is missing in the cluster. An upshift arrow with gear number.

This is a 1.6 manual petrol. February 2013 model.
Old 5th March 2024, 12:04   #9863
BHPian

Got a call from VW to get some switch for the airbag replaced free of cost. Its 2011 model TDI.

Is there a official recall that was issued ?
Old 5th March 2024, 12:12   #9864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Got a call from VW to get some switch for the airbag replaced free of cost. Its 2011 model TDI.

Is there a official recall that was issued ?
You can check it by entering your car VIN number on the vw website https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/owne...-campaign.html

My vento is a 2011 june manufactured car, on entering its VIN it shows that my car does not come under this recall campaign
Atharva4545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 13:33   #9865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post
You can check it by entering your car VIN number on the vw website https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/owne...-campaign.html

My vento is a 2011 june manufactured car, on entering its VIN it shows that my car does not come under this recall campaign
Thanks.
Replacement of TAKATA driver`s side airbag - this is what it is.
Old 5th March 2024, 22:31   #9866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post

Just checked for my car VW Vento 1.6 TDI Mar 2011 and shows up for Takata Driver Side Airbag recall.

Driving car for 13 years with airbag which upon deployment could be fatal.

Took VW so long.

Strong recall laws are need of hour.
Old 7th March 2024, 22:28   #9867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Just checked for my car VW Vento 1.6 TDI Mar 2011 and shows up for Takata Driver Side Airbag recall.
Recall Campaign: Replacement of TAKATA Driver's Side Airbag

Got this work done today (FOC Free of cost).
Time taken: 2 hours
Car: VW Vento 1.6 TDI Mar 2011

Workshop only replaces: Gas generator of Driver Side Airbag.

Not actual airbag.

So now if driver side airbag deploys, it wont be fatal.

Part cost: Rs. 10,619
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-price.jpg

Gas generator device:
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-airbag-inflator.jpg

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 7th March 2024 at 22:29.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 14:07   #9868

Hello BHPians,

During general service check up the service advisor has identifed an oil leak. This seems to be near the oil sump. He says that oil seals and gaskets need to be replaced. Can someone confirm if the solution shared is correct for this issue. I have added pictures for the oil leak. Many thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20240317wa0003.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img20240317wa0002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks