Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 14:04   #1006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupin_s View Post
excellent report.

I saw an audi badging in the engine bay in the oil-inlet picture. Could you clarify on that?
Look closer & you may find Skoda & Seat badging too on some parts.

They all are from same stable & share parts & technology.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:51   #1007
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
Look closer & you may find Skoda & Seat badging too on some parts.

They all are from same stable & share parts & technology.
One place to look for other logo's could be the inside of the battery compartments,

and later on also on packaging for replacements for: brakepads, wipers, disks, radiators, hosepipes, etc.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:53   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
VW must be aware of one thing according to me. Lot of people who are in Indian market are not always well informed of the market conditions.

For e.g. when people dint see that many Polos on the road, lots of my relative started assuming VW was going like Fiat Palio(less sales) and dreaded buying VW Polo as they might end up buying something which the market has not accepted. As they would not garner resale value. It takes me effort to make them understand things like production constraint etc.

Bottomline, though the cars are good, people would want to see numbers associated with the vehicle before they buy them, for resale value sake (one point where MSIL scores). Due to lack of information people seldom understand that there are not many Ventos on the road owing to production constriant. They will think Vento is not selling much.

Thats why it becomes so important for the company to make sure the demand is converted into supply else the market apprehension will take charge.
But I guess the resale value part comes only 2 years down the line. VW would ultimately catchup on the demand - supply thing
Old 28th October 2010, 15:09   #1009
BHPian

Skoda is owned by VW hence the same parts. Infact they share the platform for many cars

Dont know why Audi parts are there in it, maybe they have some sort of partnership deal.
Old 28th October 2010, 15:26   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Skoda is owned by VW hence the same parts. Infact they share the platform for many cars

Dont know why Audi parts are there in it, maybe they have some sort of partnership deal.
Not Only Skoda, but Audi too. In-fact they owned Audi much before aquiring Skoda in 1990.
The group is Audi, bentley, bugatti, lamborghini, Skoda, Seat,Vw Commercial vehicles, Scania & of couse Volkswagen. Coming addition is
Porsche.
Further, they have majority stakes in Suzuki & MAN trucks also.
All owned by Volkswagen!!!

You only see 4 - 5 badges on parts stickers, which are the mass producers in the group.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:36   #1011
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Vento badly needs a tyre upgrade. 195 or 205 will definately make the steering a bit heavy. Also 16" would be welcome.
A 195 patch would be the ideal upgrade for a Vento petrol, while a 205 is it for the diesel. The latter would look totally fab on 16 inch wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saw Pete's Vento in his hotel yesterday night when I went for dinner. It's personally owned by him. It's a 130HP, 300Nm monster with 17" shoes with ultra low profile rubber.
I bet! Trust Peter to get working on a new car so quickly! I had predicted that the Vento diesel will eventually become an enthusiast sedan. Expect to see a lot of them with tuning boxes & wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmohan83 View Post
Can someone confirm if what I am hearing is right? If so the ANHC seems like a no brainer even with the extra 75k expense
The ANHC, with its designed-for-FE engine & quicker automatic transmission, will always deliver higher efficiency than the Vento.
Old 29th October 2010, 11:06   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Vento badly needs a tyre upgrade. 195 or 205 will definately make the steering a bit heavy. Also 16" would be welcome.
I have upgraded to 205/55/R15 ( Yokohama S Drive ) on my Vento Highline Highline ( petrol ). Yes, the steering feels a lot heavier now.
Check the pics on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-petrol-2.html
Old 29th October 2010, 16:23   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A 195 patch would be the ideal upgrade for a Vento petrol, while a 205 is it for the diesel. The latter would look totally fab on 16 inch wheels.
Why do you recommend 195 instead of 205 in the Petrol?
Lesser wight of Petrol (braking / Handling)?
FE consideration?
Or not having diesel Torque?
Old 29th October 2010, 17:24   #1014
BHPian

Was passing by the VW Palace Cross showroom (Blore) today & dropped in for a TD of the Vento diesel Highline.

Was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome & the TD was arranged in less than 5 minutes !!

I found the car to be pretty good in terms of acceleration but the suspension to be on the softer side as compared to other Germans or even the ANHC. Engine noise & tire noise while cruising could have been lower. Good amount of legroom at the rear.

Waiting period quoted is 5 months for petrol HL, 6 months for diesel HL.
Old 30th October 2010, 15:18   #1015
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
I have upgraded to 205/55/R15 ( Yokohama S Drive ) on my Vento Highline Highline ( petrol ). Yes, the steering feels a lot heavier now.
Nice looking! Amazing how a simple upgrade like tyres can change the car's profile.

Quote:
Or not having diesel Torque?
Yup, that's it. The diesel is a scorcher, the petrol's performance is par for the segment. Also remember that diesels are less susceptible to FE loss (say, from driving with a heavy foot or wider tyres) than petrols.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:26   #1016
BHPian

I'm waiting for delivery of VW Vento (Highline Manual Petrol), promised by end-Nov/ early Dec. In the meantime, I test drove a Linea T-Jet Plus after it caught my attention at a display in Nirmal Lifestyle mall. What a car it is to drive! I tested acceleration on a couple of steep slopes in Mulund. Amazing pick-up!! Braking is great and perfectly controllable. Handling and cornering are perfect even at high speeds. The two notches on the steering wheel provide a very sure grip. The hydraulic steering is beautifully weighted and gives a wonderful feel.

I almost decided to cancel my Vento booking when I noticed the flies in Linea T-Jet ointment. The glovebox and armrest plastics are very, very cheap. The plastic hinges on the brand new Test Drive car look pathetic. It seemed like the plastics in a Maruti Omni. The central part of seats are genuine perforated high-quality leather, but the peripheries are made of cheap art leather with very poor workmanship.

So, for now I'm sticking to my Vento booking...

Last edited by msprabhakar : 30th October 2010 at 17:33.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:29   #1017
BHPian

Just saw a Vento 15 min back. Followed the beauty right from the highway Bahar Signal to Marol Naka. Knocked at the window to ask the guy how the car was doing & he had a wide grin all over his face. Said the torque is addictive, mind-blowing & fabulous (His exact words; seemed like an enthusiast) but was really dissed with the Stolen Logo.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-1.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-3.jpg

Last edited by anilkalvani : 30th October 2010 at 17:32. Reason: *Picture was taken with his permission & he was more than happy with the attention he got
Old 30th October 2010, 17:38   #1018
Senior - BHPian

A new VW dealership in east delhi (78, patparganj industrial area) is now functional, will officially open on November 1. Its located next to erstwhile sai skoda showroom. Same person who owns VW delhi west and VW ring road is opening this. Huge workshop in sector 63 Noida also coming up.

Another dealership is soon coming up in Noida (sector 2, opp oberoi tata fiat and rohan maruti).
Old 30th October 2010, 17:50   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
I almost decided to cancel my Vento booking when I noticed the flies in Linea T-Jet ointment. The glovebox and armrest plastics are very, very cheap. The plastic hinges on the brand new Test Drive car look pathetic. It seemed like the plastics in a Maruti Omni. The central part of seats are genuine perforated high-quality leather, but the peripheries are made of cheap art leather with very poor workmanship.
That is very interesting view. Most buyers do seem to give more importance to plastics/feel than handling/ride/dynamics of the car (not that Vento would be a bad car in comparison). Fiat hopefully is learning from this.

Saw few silver Ventos around here in Pune and I was less than impressed with its road presence, even compared to AHNC (in looks department, Linea is 2 notches above Vento). There is no differentiator between Polo and Vento (BTW, red Polo looks HOT).
Old 30th October 2010, 21:04   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Just saw a Vento 15 min back.
I saw a black TDi on my street with temporary MH12 plates...wonder who the lucky dude is! These spottings are a good omen methinks. Perhaps I shall be driving my AT soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks