Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 07:50   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post

If you are willing to wait I suggest that you take the car only in Jan when even more colors will be available (vento would look stunning in polos blue), It wasn't an option for me though. But if you can't wait I suggest you go and directly meat the Sales Head before cancelling. It'll be worth the effort. First be polite, if it doesn't work then threaten with bad PR, then fight and cancel as a last resort. Also during my wait I got in touch with other dealers in the city and most of them were willing to give me priority based on my earlier booking should I choose to transfer to them, so you could check that out too.

Thanks Abhinav. I will probably get my car only in Jan-Feb since the colour I want is not under production yet. However there is a chance that my second choice- white- will be available earlier (dealer is vague about it, said "Nov-Dec end" whatever that means). I don't intend to cancel unless these guys outright treat me badly, so am giving them a wide berth for now. And unfortunately my city has only dealer . I did speak to one guy in Mumbai but they seem equally bad AND will charge extra for a Pune registration. So am stuck with this dude for now!
Old 20th November 2010, 09:18   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday had a chance to drive my office colleague's Vento TDi. Since the round was within office campus could not take it beyond third gear. My observations:
Built --> Very solid, doors closing with a thud
Cabin --> Absolutely silent (could not hear the engine sound inside unless very keenly heard)
Pulling power --> Amazing, car could climb the 25 degrees parking ramp, on second gear, without touching the accelerator, with 3 three adults inside.
Rear seat --> Leg room is sufficient, but when three in the rear seat, the prominent centre hump is going to be a concern for the centre person especially on long drives.
Boot --> My friend now has a tent & a mat permanently stored in the boot & still it leaves ample space for other items.

He got his Vento from the first lot, but how?. He has a Polo that was bought in Nagpur & when the Pune dealer was acting funny on the delivery of his Vento, he very sweetly said to the dealer that he wont mind even getting his Vento from Nagpur. Result as you would expect, next day he got his Vento.

Moral of the story --> TBHPians who have been made to wait endlessly for their Ventos try such type of tricks & see the difference for yourself.
Old 21st November 2010, 23:10   #1143
BHPian

Quick Question to other Vento Owners. Did you get a warranty card or anything? When I asked the dealer they said just show the service booklet and invoice.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:16   #1144
BHPian

I booked Vento TDI Highline last week in Elite Motors:Bangalore Color:Shadow Blue, dealer said it will take 7-8 months for delivery. Anyone booked shadow blue and got any happy news?
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:15   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I booked Vento TDI Highline last week in Elite Motors:Bangalore Color:Shadow Blue, dealer said it will take 7-8 months for delivery. Anyone booked shadow blue and got any happy news?
That waiting period is going to test your patience. Does any of the team member have an idea what is the waiting period for Vento or similar car from VW stable in countries like Russia, China, Brazil etc?
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:05   #1146
Team-BHP Support

8 Months! Not worth the wait I would say. I agree the car is very good, but eight months? That is too much!
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:36   #1147
BHPian

Just got a quote from a used car dealer offering 11.5 lakhs (2.25 lakh profit) for the Vento Petrol Highline @ 200 Km's. He says for diesal he'll offer as much as 13.5 lakhs

But ofcourse I declined
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:17   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree, 8 months waiting period can only happen in India. Seeing what Abhinav is telling, I definitely think the dealers are playing foul to make quick bucks by selling to those who pays premium and not by the chronological order of the booking.

Do take a call.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:26   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
I think the production for shadow blue will only start in January 2011. That is the reason for the delay

But VW should realize that they are actually reminding us of the days of Bajaj Chetak scooter when the waiting period used to be 1 year is some cases

Last edited by evilshantanu : 23rd November 2010 at 10:28.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:23   #1150
Distinguished - BHPian

VW is really getting into my nerves. Was checking the booking statement from VW yesterday. I had booked my Vento Tdi Highline on 2nd August by paying them 50k. They already missed three delivery dates

1) Mid sept
2) Early oct
3) Nov mid-last week

Now, when I had called them yesterday they said my car is 3rd in the list but the production date is still not out. Once we have the production date, there will be a delay for about 20-25 days meaning Dec last week?????

Am planning to go to VW Cochin this week, get a written statement from them mentioning the promised delivery date. If not, am planning to sue the dealership. They are really testing my patience.

What's up with VW nowadays? Aren't they listening to all our problems?
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:30   #1151
BHPian

What I heard from my dealer is no production in VW for Dec, they will only start the production in Jan'11. So I doubt any delivery on Dec.
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:34   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
VW is really getting into my nerves. Was checking the booking statement from VW yesterday. I had booked my Vento Tdi Highline on 2nd August by paying them 50k. They already missed three delivery dates
What's up with VW nowadays? Aren't they listening to all our problems?
I feel for you the most, naveen. You were the first here to book the Vento and it's incredible that you are still waiting for it.

Quote:
What I heard from my dealer is no production in VW for Dec, they will only start the production in Jan'11. So I doubt any delivery on Dec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think the production for shadow blue will only start in January 2011. That is the reason for the delay
Ditto Terra Beige. I called up the VW Pune guys todayto check when (if!!!) I can expect my car. They absolutely refuse to give any commitment which I find ridiculous. Why should I block 75K of my hard earned money indefinitely while these shifty folks don't even own up to their primary responsibility, which is to deliver vehicles to clients? What else does a showroom exist for? After a lot of pushing, the person I spoke to indicated that if I changed my preference to white, I *might* get an earlier delivery. But even then she wasn't willing to commit anything and said that "my" sales rep would call back (yeah the same one who doesn't even remember my name much less my booking preference! Am not holding my breath, thanks.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Agree, 8 months waiting period can only happen in India. Seeing what Abhinav is telling, I definitely think the dealers are playing foul to make quick bucks by selling to those who pays premium and not by the chronological order of the booking.
Do take a call.
Oh believe me, I have </ominous>. Watch this space!

I think creating a black market for this car is about the deepest that a dealer could slink too and I do hope the poster backs up his claims with solid facts. If anyone from VW is reading this, old-fashioned peace of mind BEATS "German engineering" any day of the week, so get off your high horse before ALL your customers decide to talk with their wallets.
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:53   #1153
Senior - BHPian

VW could have priced Vento Diesel more by 100 K. Thereby making more profit. Still whatever no. of cars are produced will still sell (less waiting period).

I hope they dont revise the price in near future.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:34   #1154
Senior - BHPian

The Vento which I had spotted in my office's parking, was infact owned by my senior manager.

It was nice to see his response to my post.

Here are his 2 cents on his Vento ownership till date:
  • He booked it on 14th August and got the delivery on 8th October.
  • His is a petrol Highline model.
  • Power and comfort are amazing.
  • Top speed achieved 160 KMPH on Pune-Goa route.
  • City FE is around 10. He drives through one of the busiest route in Pune.
  • Highway FE is around 14. Max FE achieved 15.5.
  • The 5th passenger sitting in the middle position on the rear has not complained much for lack of space.
  • AC is very powerful. Auto Climate control is great.
  • No drop in power due to AC.
  • Going up hill is the thing he has enjoyed the most. Its piece of cake!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2010, 13:50   #1155
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hello naveen. One of my friends who booked it in August got it by November mid. He booked it at the Trivandrum dealer. So you must get it atleast this month. His was the first highline diesel in Trivandrum.
Do keep an eye on the dealer on how much they charge for the registration (if possible do the registration by yourself) and also do shopping outside for the insurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks