Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 23:37   #1261
BHPian

Re: First Impression on a TDI trendline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
1 -> I haven't heard or seen this issue before.
This is a common issue in Polo and faced by many Polo owners in this forum only.
For some, the power window switch is replaced and for some nothing done and the problem doesn't appear to be frequent, only intermittent.
Old 19th December 2010, 20:36   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
This is a common issue in Polo and faced by many Polo owners in this forum only.
For some, the power window switch is replaced and for some nothing done and the problem doesn't appear to be frequent, only intermittent.
I have faced the same issues in my Vento. The driver side power window was not working and I was in the middle of fast moving traffic on the ring road so had to drive a full 10 kilometers with an open window before I got the chance to restart the engine.

I have also faced another issue. The first and fifth gear don't seem to slot properly. With 5th I can understand as I have never used it much so it needs time to become smooth but the 1st? Its really annoying when one has to get started quickly on redlights and cuts and the gear doesn't slot properly - it happens 2 out of 5 times this coupled with mediocre low RPM response where ones has to rev up generously to get a quick pick-up, its a staling nightmare. Guess will have to adjust my driving style to it :(
Old 20th December 2010, 16:10   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
I have faced the same issues in my Vento. The driver side power window was not working and I was in the middle of fast moving traffic on the ring road so had to drive a full 10 kilometers with an open window before I got the chance to restart the engine.

I have also faced another issue. The first and fifth gear don't seem to slot properly. With 5th I can understand as I have never used it much so it needs time to become smooth but the 1st? Its really annoying when one has to get started quickly on redlights and cuts and the gear doesn't slot properly - it happens 2 out of 5 times this coupled with mediocre low RPM response where ones has to rev up generously to get a quick pick-up, its a staling nightmare. Guess will have to adjust my driving style to it :(
Seems to be some major QC issues here, a non operating window specially in case of an emergency or heavy rain could be disasterous (Remember the Mumbai deluge).

Surprising that a car from such a reputed brand would have trouble in slotting the gears, I don't think it would have to do anything with the driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
swift had brake booster issues.
the first lot indica used to eat tyres
Nothing is perfect, they learn and redesign things, I dont think that these are deal breakers
This is too early to jump to a conclusion, also this is the first time I am hearing it, maybe there is some problem in your friend's car...
I have a slightly diffferent opinion on the Car Manufacturers learning and redesigning at the customers expense and safety.
As the owner of the first gen Scorpio MHawk I have had a good taste of what experimentation is all about. The company will learn and improve the subsequent batches, but what about the existing owners who have to run around to the A.S.S.

Last edited by m_upreti : 20th December 2010 at 16:16.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:34   #1264
BHPian

Guys,

Did anyone noticed the 14" spare wheel for 15" alloy wheel car (Highline)?
Whats the logic here?
Old 20th December 2010, 18:23   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Guys,

Did anyone noticed the 14" spare wheel for 15" alloy wheel car (Highline)?
Whats the logic here?
It means that you should use the spare wheel as such. Use it to go to a repair shop and mend the bad tyre. I always use my spare tyre like this even when its a full size normal tyre. It suits tyre rotation better.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:11   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
It means that you should use the spare wheel as such. Use it to go to a repair shop and mend the bad tyre. I always use my spare tyre like this even when its a full size normal tyre. It suits tyre rotation better.
^^+1

Besides the 14" spare tyre would have a higher aspect ratio compared to the 15" tyres. This is to ensure that the rolling circumference and the overall diameter are same for the 14" and the 15" wheel + tyre combination to impart stability to the vehicle. Would request highline owners to revert with the sizes to check this out.
Old 20th December 2010, 21:45   #1267
BHPian

Logic is saving cost here. You wont use the spare wheel like a regular one, so they have not given an alloy wheel there, and saved cost with a 14'' steel rim
Old 20th December 2010, 22:25   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Would request highline owners to revert with the sizes to check this out.
The main tyres were of size 185 X 60 X R15 and the spare was 175 X 70 X R14.

I then went for upgrading the main tyres to 195 X 60 X R15 (Michelin Primary LC) and spare to 185 X 70 X R14 (Yoko)
Old 21st December 2010, 09:46   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Good point.
I too asked the dealer about this. They mentioned, that this was just to be used as a spare wheel, just enough to drive to the service station. Cost cutting too.
Old 21st December 2010, 14:34   #1270
BHPian

Using a donut or a short term replacement while you fix the original tire, is a common practice followed in most parts of the world where a spare is provided.

In many cases you will not even find a spare provided. Of course we cannot do without a spare in India due to the current condition of our roads.

Last edited by NevGin : 21st December 2010 at 14:53.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:33   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
The main tyres were of size 185 X 60 X R15 and the spare was 175 X 70 X R14.
The difference in rolling circumference is -7.54 mm and that in the rolling radius is -1.2mm these are negligible.

Quote:
I then went for upgrading the main tyres to 195 X 60 X R15 (Michelin Primary LC) and spare to 185 X 70 X R14 (Yoko)
In this case the differences in the circumference and the radius are 1.26 mm and -0.2mm respectively.

Both of the combinations are perfect.
Old 21st December 2010, 18:46   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to upgrade tyres without voiding warranty?
Old 28th December 2010, 13:27   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an update from VW Pune that my car is third in line and production in terra beige colour is starting Jan as promised, so I should expect my car by Jan-end or latest Feb. I have told tham I will cancel my booking if they don't deliver in Feb but that doesn't seem to faze them one bit. Just love that they're always in a hurry to hang up on me. And I am one of the patient soft spoken customers. Wonder how they treat loudmouth customers (the majority, right?)
Old 28th December 2010, 13:45   #1274
BHPian

Advance congratulations Noopster!

I got a feedback call from VW last week during when I complained about the lack of clarity in delivery date until 10 days before the actual delivery. The guy replied that this has been one feedback they got from most of the customers and that VW is working on it. Hope they do something soon before the customers lose their patience.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:13   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Noopster. Another report that we have been waiting for. Hope you will get the car soon.

Yes, I know they dont even bother a bit. I told abt canceling my booking N number of times but they didnt even bother to listen to that. They know that It's doing pretty well in the market. SO that might be the reason for this. Hopefully they will keep this even during the service too.

Cheers.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks