Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 14:32   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Posted in other thread, reposting it here for the people who are not following that thread

Update on price increase for Vento

Just spoke to the dealer, there would be a 2% price increase from 1st of March 2011. So if your vehicle is delivered before 1st of March 2011 then it would cost approximately Rs 22,000/- cheaper :(

This will not be an increase in the true sense of the word but only a roll back of the concession given in the excise duty to the auto industry after the 2008 global crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Why should the customer be penalised for delivery delays, rather VW / Dealer should be paying interest on the booking amount.

They do. however you have to ask for it and be firm with your very valid demand. BTW the discounts, freebies etc that one gets are adjusted in the books and the interest due on the booking amount (if any) is set off against the same to ensure legal compliance.

Quote:
You are right in principle, but then the booking terms and conditions had a disclaimer, that the customer needs to pay the cost of the car at the time of delivery

Debatable
That is correct. However that should not stop anyone from talking about the interest due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Really?
If it is true, may be then I will cancel my booking. Look out for Verna/Fiesta as well.

It is not our fault VW didnt deliver the car in time.
Looks like VW is intentionally delaying the deliveries so get the extra 22K from as many cars as possible.

And you think that the excise department will let them pocket the 22K or whatever is the amount. Fat chance. Know this excise is paid to the government even before the goods go out of the factory gate. Outgo before income. Rest assured neither the dealer nor the manufacturer will get to keep a single paisa from the amount collected on account of excise hike.

Quote:
I tried to find out more about it. This still seems to be a speculation. The 2% increase is a speculation that there would be an increase in the excise duty, in the Union budget. If that happens, then the prices of all the vehicles would increase. So please look out for the Union Budget for this year.

I checked with Volkswagen India on twitter, and they said that nothing as of now.....
As of now the excise roll back is only a speculation as is the case before the general budget with so many things every year. The correct picture will emerge only when the real pm will read out the budget.
Old 12th February 2011, 08:07   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
They do. however you have to ask for it and be firm with your very valid demand. BTW the discounts, freebies etc that one gets are adjusted in the books and the interest due on the booking amount (if any) is set off against the same to ensure legal compliance.

That is correct. However that should not stop anyone from talking about the interest due.
The only issue is that freebies are doled out only when the companies feel they are in the doldrums. As of now no freebies on VW but Honda is being generous ever since Vento came into the picture. So it is all a question of competition and consumerism.

May be we will see some freebies when the Vento settels down and the queues have cleared, 2011-12 should be an year to watch for some now entrants to heat up the market even more.

Last edited by m_upreti : 12th February 2011 at 08:08.
Old 12th February 2011, 17:24   #1518
BHPian

Apparently bookings are closed on Vento TDI Highline as of today :(
Old 12th February 2011, 22:55   #1519
BHPian

Went for a test drive of this car today with my family.
Initial experience was good.The sales person was very active and we got the test drive car in 10 minutes after filling the required details.
The car was the diesel version,Highline model.

The car was neat and clean without any spots.The interoirs were of gud quality.
As i went with my family,myself and mom were sitting behind and my dad was on the wheels.The sales person could explain everything we asked and had sufficient knowledge about other cars also.

Now about the car-
1.engine-The engine was super smooth just like a petrol motor.Being a diesel motor it revved easily to 4000rpm.The car could easily take off from 2nd gear and was showing a good mileage of 15.7km/l.
2.Comfort-The car was luxuries from inside.It has rear a.c vents,climate control,etc.The best feature that we all liked is that bar which helps to move the front seat on the passenger side.The arm rest was placed nicely and the back seats and front seats both provede good back support.
3.Safety-The car has an anti-buglar alarm system which started when we locked the car from inside and opened the doors.The brakes were good and ABS provided better control on braking hard.And last but not the least the it has dual front airbags which inflate on collision.

Overall the car was very good and the performance was excellent.

Here are some pros and cons of the car.
Pros-
1.Good Refinement of the engine.
2.Very good quality interiors.
3.Rear a.c vents.
4.VW brand name.

Cons-
1.Front and rear visibility is a problem.
2.Rear seats stuggle to accomodate 3 persons.(we already own a logan and after that it's like a bottle's neck)
3.Petrol motor is not as good as the diesel.
4.insufficient production and dealer network.
Overall i would give it a 8 out of 10.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th February 2011 at 17:36. Reason: Please STICK to 2 smiley per post. Read the forum rules before proceeding. Thanks!
Old 14th February 2011, 08:34   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Apparently bookings are closed on Vento TDI Highline as of today :(
Emulating the Fortuner I guess. My Father reminds me of the days when he pre booked a Vijay Super in the 80's (under Govt. Officers quote ) and had to wait for almost an year for the delivery, and there was no colour choice as the entire lot for the particular batch was of sky blue colour.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:38   #1521
BHPian

Hi,

first of all a brief background. I belong to group of people who are endlessly for their Vento (TDI highline). I booked my car in early Dec 2010. Delivery was promised in March 2011.

Now for the story

This sunday I went to the dealership with my cheque book, to either give the car by Feb end & take complete payment or cancel the booking, I will happily take a Scorpio.

Today I received a call, that they (dealer) are trying to allot me a car & will get it delivered by Wednesday (16/02/2011). I am surprised or shocked or dumbfolded because I never expected this reply.

Just thought of sharing it with all
Old 14th February 2011, 17:04   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Nomad View Post
Hi,

first of all a brief background. I belong to group of people who are endlessly for their Vento (TDI highline). I booked my car in early Dec 2010. Delivery was promised in March 2011.

Now for the story

This sunday I went to the dealership with my cheque book, to either give the car by Feb end & take complete payment or cancel the booking, I will happily take a Scorpio.

Today I received a call, that they (dealer) are trying to allot me a car & will get it delivered by Wednesday (16/02/2011). I am surprised or shocked or dumbfolded because I never expected this reply.

Just thought of sharing it with all
This is shocking and definitely not acceptable. Wwhat is VW doing here ????
The person who is quiet and accepting all the rules and regulations shouldnt be treated this way.

VW: Hope you are listening to this thread
Old 14th February 2011, 17:27   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is shocking and definitely not acceptable. Wwhat is VW doing here ????
The person who is quiet and accepting all the rules and regulations shouldnt be treated this way.

VW: Hope you are listening to this thread
Unfortunately, this is true in quite a lot of spheres in life. When you are at other's discretion, and you don't like it; you have to tell the other person exactly the way you feel. Silence can be mistaken for weakness.
Old 14th February 2011, 17:33   #1524

That's Great news for you Urban. Have booked my car from Frontier Autoworld Gurgaon on 21/09/10, Highline TDI Silver Colour, they still have no clue about its delivery even today when I spoke to them.
Old 14th February 2011, 18:21   #1525
Distinguished - BHPian

This is not the first time that we have heard that positive action can work with VW, and that meekness does not. To put it in Biblical language, The meek will not inherit the vento.

Urban Nomad, the story is not over until you drive that car away from the dealers. Keep us informed

Maybe it is about time VW dealers saw crowds of people demanding their cars or else?
Old 14th February 2011, 20:38   #1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
you have to tell the other person exactly the way you feel. Silence can be mistaken for weakness.
Seriously, "feelings"!
I booked a car to get it delivered so I can start commuting. I did not seek to share my feelings (or VW's or Dealer's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is not the first time that we have heard that positive action can work with VW, and that meekness does not. To put it in Biblical language, The meek will not inherit the vento.
All of those who booked have followed-up one way or another and all have replied that there is NO reponse.
Maybe all of us (the meek ones) who have booked Vento should stage a dharna outside VW dealerships and then their HQs and branch offices. Let's start another thread to plan this!

Is the product actually worth showing "pull" for and/or going through all that aggravation?
Untested and unknown A.S.S. (+ the SKODA baggage), plenty of ergonomic disasters that you have to overlook before you decide on this car; more so due to lack of better options.
The only good thing going for it is the drive, which is good.

Sadly, willing to spend 11 lakhs still does not get you an optimum car (product + peace of mind i.e. the whole experience, pre- and post-sales).

This is typical of groups (ref to VW and the like) that show attitude and try to portray themselves to be very transparent and ethical; they are the worst when it comes to those very attributes.

Well, I ain't followin' up (though delivery may be by the end of this month). Waiting for the new Verna/Fiesta to be launched (fast) and if either of them are decent enough, will readily cancel the Vento and actually gain peace of mind!
Old 14th February 2011, 22:48   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All of those who booked have followed-up one way or another and all have replied that there is NO reponse.
I think one other member managed to get their car with a straight threat to cancel. There are varying styles of "following up". Each person who succeeds in bringing sufficient pressure to bear, of course, puts others further back in the queue. Despite that, I still feel everyone is justified in doing whatever they can.

Bottom line, though, as you say, is that none of this should be necessary, and the entire customer management and denial of reliable delivery dates has been a disaster of management and marketing.

I don't blame you for valuing peace of mind above a VW. Sounds like good priorities to me
Old 15th February 2011, 09:15   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Urban Nomad, the story is not over until you drive that car away from the dealers. Keep us informed

Maybe it is about time VW dealers saw crowds of people demanding their cars or else?

Back to square one.

They have stopped answering my calls. Plan to visit Showroom today

Keep you all posted as things proceed.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:32   #1529
BHPian

hello guys, there is another thread running in the indian car scene forum about the booking and delivery details. please share your experiances there. It will give clear idea on the current status to all those who have booked a Vento. It will also help in following up with our delears in a better way.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:44   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seriously, "feelings"!
I booked a car to get it delivered so I can start commuting. I did not seek to share my feelings (or VW's or Dealer's).
All I wanted to say was that you need to be loud and clear to your dealer (maybe even shout at them). The hard fact is, the one who cries the loudest MAY be given 'some preference'. One of my friends had booked a POLO. He went to sleep after booking the car. I told him to sit on dealers' head and keep poking him. He was relaxed thinking that he in line or whatever. This was in July last year. His car didn't come till Dec with no follow up either. All of a sudden, he got frustrated and bought a Figo instead. I BET that had he kept on following it up , he would have got the car by then. I am also sure that since he was 'invisible' and some people who were below him in the list were not, they would have got their respective cars.

This is especially true for Bangy; In Delhi (Sid's claiming that dealers are saying 1 month for Trendline and 2 months for Highline. I haven't checked) and Mumbai, the demand is more but so is the supply. In Bangalore, the demand is very high but not so they supply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks